New Airbus installers are causing P3D to launch.

RobertR

Anyone know what might be causing this? I just downloaded the latest versions from Simmarket today and each installer (A318/19,A320/21,A330) runs through the install procedure but hangs. During this time P3D gets launched. Once I kill the P3D process, the AS installer completes. Everything seems to installed, but the addon.xml does not make it into the library -- so the aircraft will not show up in the sim.

I'm installing as admin and have my AV turned off. 

Just to update: I can add the xml files manually and all aircraft appear in the sim and load up just fine. Still, such an odd problem -- never seen it before.

Can confirm. As soon after you launch the installer, P3D starts. I killed it via procexp.exe and continued with the installation. Thereafter I rebooted after the setup finished, installed RAAS, and went to launch P3D. 

Upon launch, P3D did not ask me whether I wanted to activate the A330 addon. I thought, ugh, why didn`t I keep a copy of the xml file after reading this post?

Went on to the Vehicle list, typed Airbus and the A330 showed up with all default liveries. All fine.

I believe simmarket only hosts the files. Outside of developers who use the simmarket installer, I don't think they really modify the files in any way.

Probably some configuration that han_solo2001 and myself have in common. I've just never seen an installer launch P3D before, including previous versions of the Airbus.

Thanks for testing out the installers, Dave. Looks like it's an issue that has something to do with my system rather than the installers -- wouldn't be surprised if it's a Windows 10 issue specifically. As nice as it would be to get to the bottom of it, all aircraft function as they should and performance is good, so nothing is preventing me from actually using the product. 

1 hour ago, RobertR said:

Thanks for testing out the installers, Dave. Looks like it's an issue that has something to do with my system rather than the installers -- wouldn't be surprised if it's a Windows 10 issue specifically. As nice as it would be to get to the bottom of it, all aircraft function as they should and performance is good, so nothing is preventing me from actually using the product. 

Many thanks for the update my friend.

Best wishes for a quick and easy solution!

Archived