ERROR The following Addon path can't be found

phila

Hello,

I am setting up a new PC to run FSX on Windows 10 Pro.  FSX is installed in its own partition and runs OK.  Simstarter NG is installed and run as administrator.  However, when I use Configure -> SimObjects Manager... I get the error message "ERROR: The following Addon path can't be found" but no path is displayed.  When the OK button is pressed, there are no simobjects listed.

I Have deleted the FSX.CFG and ran FSX to create a new one with only the 6 standard simobject and get the same problem.  All those 6 paths exist in the FSX directory.  I am not sure what the message means or how to overcome it.  Any advice is welcome.

Thanks.

Please login to display this image.

Thank you Peter for working on the fix so quickly.  I look forward to downloading it once you are happy with the testing.

I really appreciate the excellent service.

Regards,

Phil

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, 

I have been using this update and I am happy that the reported problem has been fixed.  I am sorry for the delay in responding, but I have had a few problems since the update, but after close investigation I am satisfied these have nothing to do with the update to Simstarter.

Thank you very much for your work on this.

Archived