EFB remove option

Love_Aviation

Hello

Is it possible to remove EFB for Airbus 320s and 330 or make it an option. The only way i see to use it is for Performance calculations which is not implemented. Will it be in the future like in CRJ?

Thank you

I have just updated the 320 to the newest version and found the EFB in the cockpit. I too didn't feel the need for it as I use navigraph. Perhaps after I start using it I won't want to be without it, though. But maybe everting to the older aircraft version is an option.

One thing - since it covers the paper clip, does this mean I cannot print those paper snippets any longer? I really like that feature.

43 minutes ago, ruilaureano said:

I have just updated the 320 to the newest version and found the EFB in the cockpit. I too didn't feel the need for it as I use navigraph. Perhaps after I start using it I won't want to be without it, though. But maybe everting to the older aircraft version is an option.

One thing - since it covers the paper clip, does this mean I cannot print those paper snippets any longer? I really like that feature.

The printouts now go just above the throttle quadrant.

I would also prefer a remove option for the EFB. In the smaller buses A318-A321 I cannot find an option in the cockpit view menu for the EFB. The A330 has this option for viewing the EFB directly instead of turning around in the cockpit with the hatswitch.

In summary I think the EFB is not really necessary.

I, too, would love to remove the EFB.  I don't use it and find its presence distracting.  Some of the operators I model don't use them either, so it'd be nice to have an option to remove it completely and have that cockpit real estate back.

I recently addressed this in the following thread (now closed, for obvious reasons).  This is far from the first or second thread on this matter, and you may each rest assured that your voices have been heard loud and clear.

Best wishes to all of you.

Archived