A320 stabilizing

flightfanatic

Hi,

We are getting engine 2 not stabilizing in the A320 and therefore mucking up the checklist. Procedure is as follows:

A320 up to date v1.3.0.0

Push back using GSXV2 and get the engine start permission.

Start engine 2 which then states avail but not getting the engine 2 is stabilized voice no matter how long we wait.

(If we start engine 1 after a while it is also not stabilized due to engine 2).

Even after push back is complete we do not activate brakes and still not getting the stabilize.

I have the A330 and A319 and don't get this issue.

Any thoughts of what could be going wrong please?

On 2/26/2020 at 9:56 AM, flightfanatic said:

Hi,

We are getting engine 2 not stabilizing in the A320 and therefore mucking up the checklist. Procedure is as follows:

A320 up to date v1.3.0.0

Push back using GSXV2 and get the engine start permission.

Start engine 2 which then states avail but not getting the engine 2 is stabilized voice no matter how long we wait.

(If we start engine 1 after a while it is also not stabilized due to engine 2).

Even after push back is complete we do not activate brakes and still not getting the stabilize.

I have the A330 and A319 and don't get this issue.

Any thoughts of what could be going wrong please?

Just to confirm are you using the in build checklist?

Regards,

Markus

• Deputy Sheriffs

Could you perhaps try to spool up the engines a little bit. Could be that the engine parameters for some reason stay below what the checklist trigger is set at.

To investigate this further, could you give me the engine type this issue is present. Or does it happen with both IAE and CFM engines?

Hi thanks for the reply. Its the IAE versions that i fly. Have tried 3 different liveries etc and still do the same thing. Mate has the same issue. Im wondering if the new update may rectify the issue so will test. 

In relation to the spool are you talking about increasing throttle to bring the engine up to speed  as such and then it may activate it? The engine states avail everytime it just doesnt trigger the voice of it being stabilized and thus no progression in the checklist.

5 hours ago, flightfanatic said:

Hi thanks for the reply. Its the IAE versions that i fly. Have tried 3 different liveries etc and still do the same thing. Mate has the same issue. Im wondering if the new update may rectify the issue so will test. 

In relation to the spool are you talking about increasing throttle to bring the engine up to speed  as such and then it may activate it? The engine states avail everytime it just doesnt trigger the voice of it being stabilized and thus no progression in the checklist.

Are you using Connected Flight Deck?

Regards,

Markus

13 hours ago, Secondator said:

Could you take a video perhaps of the engine start procedure where we can see and hear what is actually going on.

HI thanks for reply.

I had a bit of a win.

When the second engine says "AVAIL" I spool it a bit and then when it decreases it activates the stabilize command and same with engine 1. What would cause this? Throttle calibration or not? Throttles work fine for every other command so not sure if its that.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Something that comes to mind could be for example the outside weather conditions. Perhaps the engine idles a bit lower thrust in colder temperatures. If you can still get a video of it, that would be really helpful for us to see exactly what is going on and do better troubleshooting.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived