Loss of control persists

Detail50

It's a intermittent problem, but it continues to happen occasionally,  it has happened 2 out of last 3 flights so I'm going to raise it again.

Aircraft reaches climb altitude, and then at some point after decides to deviate from filed FP.   It can be a rapid assent, a decent or a overspeed condition.   I attached the Project Flight chart from today's Tokyo to Seoul flight, shortly after leveling off it goes into overspeed condition,  but I regain control pretty quickly.  When it happens I disengage AP and autothrust, pull the throttles back to idle and let it descend,  then I re-engage and control is restored.  Rest of flight is textbook to successful landing.

Why is this doing this?

Please login to display this image.

Ray,

Unless things change, I won't be around very much for the next few weeks,  but I wanted to get you to zip and post your A330 data folder as that has the information we need to see to understand what occurred.  It's even more helpful if you have all three loggings selected in the A330 Configurator.

I have experienced  this myself, almost always when transitioning from land to water in Europe.

Best wishes.

2 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Ray,

Unless things change, I won't be around very much for the next few weeks,  but I wanted to get you to zip and post your A330 data folder as that has the information we need to see to understand what occurred.  It's even more helpful if you have all three loggings selected in the A330 Configurator.

I have experienced  this myself, almost always when transitioning from land to water in Europe.

Best wishes.

Tanks Dave,   how do I accomplish that?   Never have done it before

This was a A320 flight

I found these which do you want?

9 minutes ago, Detail50 said:

Tanks Dave,   how do I accomplish that?   Never have done it before

This was a A320 flight

I found these which do you want?

2 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

zip and post your A330 data folder

It's the same thing you did for us a while back ago.  the Data folder.... the folder itself, just Zip it and upload it here to this thread.

5 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Ray,

Best wishes.

Dave,  gonna need some more guidance, I have no idea how to upload here.   Need some additional instructions.

TY

Ray

3 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

It's the same thing you did for us a while back ago.  the Data folder.... the folder itself, just Zip it and upload it here to this thread.

Not a clue if this is what you want,  but tried to send you something

Data.7z

18 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

That will work!

Sorry I didn't get back to sooner Ray, I'm not going to be around much in the next few weeks.

Thanks, and best wishes!

Good Stuff

23 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Well it screwed up again about 1400 miles into the flight,  overspeed and rapid assent.   Much harder to regain control; this time.

I did a quick screen shot I'll zip the data file again.  Is anybody other than Dave interested in getting to the bottom of this problem?

23 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

27 minutes ago, Detail50 said:

Is anybody other than Dave interested in getting to the bottom of this problem?

Ray, I sincerely apologize for my being in hit and run mode for the next several weeks but it's unavoidable as real world concerns have piled up.

I believe most of us have suffered the issue in question, and the guys who write the code are looking at this.  At this point I believe we just need to give them time to research and address this issue.

Best wishes!

Dave here is the Zip file and a screen shot,  the rest of the flight was uneventful beyond the glitch.  I have the sim still open so if this zip isn't adequate let me know.

Ray

Just now, Detail50 said:

Dave here is the Zip file and a screen shot,  the rest of the flight was uneventful beyond the glitch.  I have the sim still open so if this zip isn't adequate let me know.

Ray

Data.7z

On 3/2/2020 at 3:22 PM, Secondator said:

Hello Detail50,

Is there any chance for you to try to take this issue on video?

GM,   I had not flown in awhile,  but this morning I feel uneventful from Lisbon to Gatwick on a A320.   That's the way it is some good, some not so good   Dave has seen a couple of twitch video's I informed him of.

I can tell you at cruise it always looks the same,  aircraft under control and then instantaneously it's at a different altitude and or speed.   Warning alarms have been activated,  there is never any advance indication,  it just glitches.

Since flights occur properly and they are all flown under the same procedures,   I can only rationalize this as a event that happens randomly and a glitch.   I'm obviously not a developer on your system,  but it seems like the code should be executing properly and some event occurs to make it not execute properly.  When I worked we had the similar kinds of random events and had to basically put sniffers and other instrumentation on the device to trap the fault to analyze it.   That was a few years back,  technology has probably moved beyond where it was.

• Aerosoft

There is unfortunately not a lot we can do. To get the performance we want we need to link a lot of the calculations to the framerate. When these are steady there is no issue but if for some reasons you sim slows down it can start to cause issues. 

• 3 weeks later...

Hadn't flown in a few weeks todays flight from Hong Kong to Honolulu went out of control a few hours into the flight.   Same situation as before.  Was able to regain control and make a decent landing.   Graph will show profile and data files attached.

Data.7z Data.zip

Archived