Jump to content
ztajti

P3D CFD A330Pro Brake not release

Recommended Posts

For those having Toe (Differential) Brake issues, would you kindly follow the document below and provide us with some information to look at this?

 

CFD Customer Test Instructions.pdf

 

Also, please let us know if both CFD Partners are using Toe Brakes (Rudder Pedals) or using something else to activate the brakes. 

 

I should be available tomorrow on our Discord Server to test with each of you.  I hope to be online between 3pm and 6pm UTC/GMT.  You can get our Discord Server address from the Aerosoft Flight Sim Community Club Page in the Club section of our forum.

 

Many thanks.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, McFlurry said:

log via hamachi

 

Interesting. 

 

1. In the initial documentation for Version 1 of the Airbus Connected Flight Deck (for FSX/P3Dv3) we (and it wasn't actually anyone on the Aerosoft Staff) mistakenly recommended using Hamchi.  I corrected this error immediately and we pinned a post in the Connected Flight Deck forum for the FSX/P3Dv3 Airbus letting people know that we strongly advised against using Hamchi due to ENORMOUSLY serious computer security issues.  I asked for this to be corrected in the manual, however that would also have meant generating new installers (costly and time consuming) so the change never happened.  Besides, Hamachi was never, ever required for Shared Cockpit or Connected Flight Deck on ANY aircraft for FSX/P3D and I'd love to meet and throttle the person who first recommended it's use and I can tell for you certain that at least 2 flight simmers suffered serious malware infections from using it (and we're not even discussing the potential for identify theft).  If you would like to read more about Shared Cockpit / Connected Flight Deck computer security check out the Guides I wrote which are pinned to the Airbus for FSX/P3Dv3 Connected Flight Deck forum and also in the AVSIM Shared Cockpit forum.

 

There is no reference to using Hamachi in our documentation for the Airbus Pro (see Volume 1 of our documentation), so I'm not sure why you guys are doing that.

 

2. With Item 1 (above) in mind, Version 2 of Connected Flight Deck for the Airbus Professional is completely new.  We now server based Connected Flight Deck which does not require any connection from one party to the other (instead the connection will automatically be established to both parties via our server). Instructions are provided for establishing a Connected Flight Deck session in Volume 1 of our documentation.  Since we are now using a server, neither party has to connect to the other party, it's all handled automatically via our server, which doesn't even share IP addresses or any other information except Airbus data.


If you could see my post above and complete the forms and upload the data here in this thread, that will be a help.  Please don't forget to let us know what you are both using to activate the Toe Brakes.  Both would be a great help to us!


Many thanks!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Dave,

 

I'm filling the form. Ping Plotter to CFD Server gave me  MIN 0 - MAX 0 - AVG 0.  Is it normal?  I think the address 185.19.216.167 is wrong.  Anyway I'll be on discord this afternoon to check with you

 

Target Name: 185.19.216.167
         IP: 185.19.216.167
  Date/Time: 05/04/2020 08:29:56 - 05/04/2020 08:39:56

Hop  Sent  PL%    Min     Max     Avg  Host Name / [IP]
  1    75    0   0,33  108,07    5,09  home [192.168.1.1]
  2    75   25   2,60    5,25    3,05  static-213-205-16-15.clienti.tiscali.it [213.205.16.15]
  3    75   29   2,62    3,59    2,94  static-94-32-136-21.clienti.tiscali.it [94.32.136.21]
  4    75   23   2,15  203,25    9,87  static-213-205-55-221.clienti.tiscali.it [213.205.55.221]
  5    75   72   2,42    6,30    4,17  static-213-205-17-61.clienti.tiscali.it [213.205.17.61]
  6    75   97   3,78    4,70    4,24  static-94-32-126-17.clienti.tiscali.it [94.32.126.17]
  7    75   97   2,91    3,23    3,07  be4122.rcr51.rom01.atlas.cogentco.com [149.6.23.73]
  8    75   99  13,12   13,12   13,12  be3575.rcr51.goa01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.57.66]
  9    75   88  17,95   21,66   19,02  be3636.ccr22.mrs01.atlas.cogentco.com [130.117.2.21]
 10    75   61  17,79   18,70   18,30  be2346.agr21.mrs01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.38.174]
 11    74  100      0       0       0   [-]
 12    74  100      0       0       0   [-]
 13    73   99  25,56   25,56   25,56  ffm-b1-link.telia.net [62.115.120.205]
 14    19    0  24,92   25,61   25,32  ae5.cr-antares.fra10.bb.godaddy.com [62.115.152.95]
 15    18   67  76,77  173,85  109,09  gw-heg.gauss.router.frankfurt.de.velia.net [87.230.115.7]
 16    74  100      0       0       0  185.19.216.167 [185.19.216.167]

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi,

 

I have also been experiencing this issue when flying CFD. When taxiing, after applying the brakes for the first time, they do not release and stay applied, with the red "BRAKES" showing in the bottom left corner.

 

Roarke

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just learned that one of you guys reporting in this thread tested with one of our CFD Captains and the brakes worked just fine, again confirming that the friend the person was flying with has something wrong with their system or settings.

 

I've been sitting on our Discord Server for several hours and nobody who reported here has stopped by.  I'll be online there for about 1 more hour.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, klisura said:

I'm on discord now

 

 

I'm very happy we were able to resolve the issue for you (for those following this, the issue was controller calibration) and I hope that things will now work for you and Walter.   Please let Walter know I enjoyed meeting him!

 

Looking forward to hearing back from you guys on your next test.

 

Best wishes!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, seifzahrana330 said:

Whats the discord server ? I am online with my friend to fix this

 

 

 

I'm sorry, but I'm no longer available to help today, but the advice that I've provided in this thread is exactly what I've been doing to help people and it's resolving their issues.

 

I will be online on Discord most of the day (3pm UTC to 9pm UTC) this coming on Tuesday.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

 

 

I'm very happy we were able to resolve the issue for you (for those following this, the issue was controller calibration) and I hope that things will now work for you and Walter.   Please let Walter know I enjoyed meeting him!

 

Looking forward to hearing back from you guys on your next test.

 

Best wishes!

 

 

Hi Dave, first I wanted to say it's been a pleasure meeting you and talking to you. Later in the evening I tried again with Walter but the issue was still there, so it should be on his side. As you suggested, I ask to Walter to use differential brakes instead of brakes, but he uses a joystick button and he can't assign the same button to 2 different actions (left and right brake). Do you know how to do it? 

We will do other test in these days hoping to find the solution.

In the meantime it would be interesting to know from others who are experiencing this issue which peripherals they use (both pedals, 1 joystick and 1 pedals, 2 joysticks ecc).

Bye

Fabrizio

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, klisura said:

 

Hi Dave, first I wanted to say it's been a pleasure meeting you and talking to you. Later in the evening I tried again with Walter but the issue was still there, so it should be on his side. As you suggested, I ask to Walter to use differential brakes instead of brakes, but he uses a joystick button and he can't assign the same button to 2 different actions (left and right brake). Do you know how to do it? 

We will do other test in these days hoping to find the solution.

In the meantime it would be interesting to know from others who are experiencing this issue which peripherals they use (both pedals, 1 joystick and 1 pedals, 2 joysticks ecc).

Bye

Fabrizio

 

 

Thanks for getting back to me!

 

Yes, Walter can assign two buttons or two keys, one for the left and one for the right brake.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, seifzahrana330 said:

any fix found yet ? this is really stopping me from flying :(

 

As far as we are concerned there js nothing wrong,  and my work with customers (see the pists directly above) prove it was a customer calibration issue which we proved to be the case.

 

If you have different information I would enjoy hearing it.

 

Best wishes.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/2/2020 at 2:49 AM, DaveCT2003 said:

Sorry my friend, we've hsd numerous pairs of people try to duplicate this and its working for all of them. As such, I am offically labeling this a user system issue. There is nothing else I can think 

Hi Dave, hi everybody 

just to report the results of my attemps with my mate @waltervizzi. We tried everything, he also set differential brakes on 2 buttons instead of brakes but the issue is still there. We gave up.

Altough I didn't have the issue during my CFD with Dave, I continue to have it with my mate and the weird thing it's we don't experience the issue with A320 and I can't understand why if it's a calibration problem...

 

It's a brain teaser!

 

Have an happy Easter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, klisura said:

Hi Dave, hi everybody 

just to report the results of my attemps with my mate @waltervizzi. We tried everything, he also set differential brakes on 2 buttons instead of brakes but the issue is still there. We gave up.

Altough I didn't have the issue during my CFD with Dave, I continue to have it with my mate and the weird thing it's we don't experience the issue with A320 and I can't understand why if it's a calibration problem...

 

It's a brain teaser!

 

Have an happy Easter

 

Thanks for getting back to us with the results from your flight!

 

I've asked our developers numerous times to look at this and I've to lm d them I believe there is in fact a difference in the code between the Smaller buses and the A330, whether or not the difference causes issues for some people. I've not heard back from them yet but will keep pinging on them, remembering of course what is going on in the world.

 

My computer went down the other day so I can't currently test, but I've been giving this matter a lit of thought of that we can check and I'll ask our CFD Captains to take a look at this and let you guys know what we find.

 

Ill know within 24 hours if I can fix my computer or will build a new one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

 

Thanks for getting back to us with the results from your flight!

 

I've asked our developers numerous times to look at this and I've to lm d them I believe there is in fact a difference in the code between the Smaller buses and the A330, whether or not the difference causes issues for some people. I've not heard back from them yet but will keep pinging on them, remembering of course what is going on in the world.

 

My computer went down the other day so I can't currently test, but I've been giving this matter a lit of thought of that we can check and I'll ask our CFD Captains to take a look at this and let you guys know what we find.

 

Ill know within 24 hours if I can fix my computer or will build a new one.

Thank you Dave! 

Good luck with your pc!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi .

Having just purchased the A330 today, we are trying CFD for the 1st time and are having this same issue with brakes sticking on. We have tried setting the brake control to a single joystick button, differential  brakes using the keyboard and using rudder peddles (only one of us has rudder peddles to test) and it all give the same issue. The only way we were able to fly was to unassigned all brake controls  except the one set of rudder  peddles and just use the parking brake lever in the VC. If any brake button, include parking brake, was assigned by either flyer, then the first time it was pressed the brakes locked on and the parking brake lever stop working.

Thanks Pete

 

Just to add the detial of which controllers we have, I am using a Thrustmaster  T-Flight Stick X joystick and Saitek Pro Rudder peddles  (although only connected them up  to trouble shoot this issue)  and pilot 2 has a Cyborg V1 joystick

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, peteb101 said:

this same issue with brakes sticking on

 

Parking brakes or Toe Brakes?

 

4 hours ago, peteb101 said:

We have tried setting the brake control to a single joystick button, differential  brakes using the keyboard and using rudder peddles (only one of us has rudder peddles to test) and it all give the same issue.

 

When this is done, the aircraft has to be reloaded for a successful test.  Did both of you guys do this?

 

4 hours ago, peteb101 said:

The only way we were able to fly was to unassigned all brake controls  except the one set of rudder  peddles and just use the parking brake lever in the VC.

 

One of you?  Or did both of you have to do this to get the brake to release?

 

Did you guys try calibrating the Rudder Pedals?  Both I and the three testers I work with have never had an issue when Toe Brakes when both parties had rudder pedals, so I'm almost certain one or both of you guys have a rudder pedal calibration issue.

 

We've made some changes to the brakes that we hope will resolve this issue and that update will be coming out very soon.  The update also contains some improvements to Connected Flight Deck, however my  team (which is not the traditional Aerosoft Airbus Beta Team) has been unable to successfully connect to Connected Flight Deck in order to test these changes so we'll be finding out along with the customers how these changes work.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

 

Parking brakes or Toe Brakes?

 

 

When this is done, the aircraft has to be reloaded for a successful test.  Did both of you guys do this?

 

 

One of you?  Or did both of you have to do this to get the brake to release?

 

Did you guys try calibrating the Rudder Pedals?  Both I and the three testers I work with have never had an issue when Toe Brakes when both parties had rudder pedals, so I'm almost certain one or both of you guys have a rudder pedal calibration issue.

 

We've made some changes to the brakes that we hope will resolve this issue and that update will be coming out very soon.  The update also contains some improvements to Connected Flight Deck, however my  team (which is not the traditional Aerosoft Airbus Beta Team) has been unable to successfully connect to Connected Flight Deck in order to test these changes so we'll be finding out along with the customers how these changes work.

 

Hi Thanks for getting back to me.   sorry I can't quite work out how to quote separate bits so answers in one¬ 🙂 

 

Parking brakes or Toe Brakes?

It  is the toe brakes that stick on but that effectively  stops the parking brake working properly as once the toe brakes are stuck the VC parking brake lever wont turn on  (understandable I guess as the toe brakes are meant to release it) but interesting sometimes it does seem to apply, even though the lever doesn't turn, as even full engine power will not overcome the brakes where as that will  overcome the toe brakes  being on. Unfortunately  we were not able to work out exactly what combination of actions caused  the PB to stick on I'm afraid . Also interestingly, operating the parking brake from either pilots controller button (not the VC) will also sticks the toe brakes on.

 

When this is done, the aircraft has to be reloaded for a successful test.  Did both of you guys do this?

Yes, we both completely restarted P3D each time

 

One of you?  Or did both of you have to do this to get the brake to release?

Once stuck we found no way to release  them other than to restart both sims.  Without  rudders, the only way they would not jam  was to un-assign all toe and parking brake joystick buttons and keyboard keys from both pilots and flight with out brakes (not ideal! 🙂 ). One of us has some rudders and when these were connected  (I had to dig them out of storage! ) the brakes all worked (providing we didn't assign and use  a key/button to the parking brake as if we did that then the toe brakes stuck on as soon as the parking brake key was pressed even with the rudders connected).  So peddles and parking brake from VC was not ideal but was  a flyable position but it means only one of us can be PF when on the ground unless the other purchases some rudders.

 

Did you guys try calibrating the Rudder Pedals?  Both I and the three testers I work with have never had an issue when Toe Brakes when both parties had rudder pedals, so I'm almost certain one or both of you guys have a rudder pedal calibration issue.

I didn't try calibration  but will try today, however using the  rudders was the only scenario that works so I believe the issue is with the buttons/keys rather the peddles. Unfortunately only one of us has peddles so I cant currently test 2 sets  but suspect you are right and it may work. Do you have any suggestion for things to try/test with neither party having peddles connected please as that eliminates a peddle calibration issue? 

 

We've made some changes to the brakes that we hope will resolve this issue and that update will be coming out very soon.  The update also contains some improvements to Connected Flight Deck, however my  team (which is not the traditional Aerosoft Airbus Beta Team) has been unable to successfully connect to Connected Flight Deck in order to test these changes so we'll be finding out along with the customers how these changes work.

That is great news,  the update not the connection issue! 🙂 do you have any idea when the update is due please?

 

Many thanks for you help

Pete

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OK so we just did a bit more testing. Calibrating my rudder peddles made no difference. When using peddles as brakes then toe brakes work but operating the parking brake with a joystick button (rather than the handle in VC) causes the  toe brakes to lock on, however we found that if the pilot with the peddles caused this lock then they can unlock them by pressing the toe brakes on the rudder peddles brakes fully on and off and  then control comes back , all very weird.  However if the pilot not using peddles uses the toe or parking brake via joystick or keyboard button, the brakes locked on and the other persons rudder peddled could not free them resulting in them needed to restart their sim. So for us, we have found no way that someone without peddles can be PF while taxiing on teh ground as brakes are needed, once in the air then things are fine. 

 

Very open to doing some more testing if anyone has any more ideas please ? 

 

Thanks

 

Pete  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, peteb101 said:

OK so we just did a bit more testing. Calibrating my rudder peddles made no difference. When using peddles as brakes then toe brakes work but operating the parking brake with a joystick button (rather than the handle in VC) causes the  toe brakes to lock on, however we found that if the pilot with the peddles caused this lock then they can unlock them by pressing the toe brakes on the rudder peddles brakes fully on and off and  then control comes back , all very weird.  However if the pilot not using peddles uses the toe or parking brake via joystick or keyboard button, the brakes locked on and the other persons rudder peddled could not free them resulting in them needed to restart their sim. So for us, we have found no way that someone without peddles can be PF while taxiing on teh ground as brakes are needed, once in the air then things are fine. 

 

Very open to doing some more testing if anyone has any more ideas please ? 

 

Thanks

 

Pete  

 

Hello Pete.

 

Okay, let's try some specific things. 

 

First, both of you should download and install TeamViewer so that you will be able to remotely log on to one another's computers (permission of the other person is required each time) to check, verify, or help with Axis calibration and other settings.

 

Next, let's reset the rudder pedal calibration in Windows by following the instructions and example that I've posted in the thread below.  Both of you should do Steps 1 and 2 in my post below.

 

 

If the test and calibration (from procedure above) was good on both computers, then please try the following P3D Axis Calibration Settings for both sets of Rudder Pedals (these settnigs should be done on both rudder pedals at the same time:

 

Settings 1

 

Screenshot - 5_6_2020 , 10_22_20 AM.png

 

Settings 2

 

Screenshot - 5_6_2020 , 9_49_11 AM.png

 

Settings 3

 

Screenshot - 5_6_2020 , 10_21_12 AM.png

 

Settings 4 (the settings I use with the Thrustmaster Rudder Pedals).

 

Screenshot - 5_6_2020 , 10_24_36 AM.png

 

 

 

If you are still having problems after after completing all the above then I or one of the Aerosoft CFD Captains would be  happy to test with you (this could rule  your system out for having issues).  Do to this, you will need to join us on the Aerosoft Flight Simulation Community Discord channel, and you can find all the relevant information for that on the Aerosoft Flight Simulation Community Club Page.

 

Also, remember that a Toe Brake fix is included in our upcoming A330 update which is tentatively scheduled for next week.

 

 

Best wishes.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Many thanks for the further help Dave. I will run thought this later this evening but just to clarify that only one of us has rubber peddles, my friend only has keyboard and/or joystick. Is it a requirement for us both to have peddles?

 

Noted about an update next week, if it is that soon then it is no problem to wait.

 

Thanks Pete

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, peteb101 said:

Many thanks for the further help Dave. I will run thought this later this evening but just to clarify that only one of us has rubber peddles, my friend only has keyboard and/or joystick. Is it a requirement for us both to have peddles?

 

Noted about an update next week, if it is that soon then it is no problem to wait.

 

Thanks Pete

 

Ah-ha!  My apologies... I see where you mentioned that only one of you had rudder pedals, which I initially missed (but I shouldn't have).

 

So if you'll go back through (I believe) half ways through this thread you'll see that I mentioned the only time we've seen this issue was when one or both people did not have rudder pedals.  This was due to a bug in our code which affected only key/button binds for Toe Brakes.  We believe that issue has been resolved and the fix is included in the A330 update tentatively scheduled for delivery to customers next week.

 

Sorry for the inconvenience! 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

 

Ah-ha!  My apologies... I see where you mentioned that only one of you had rudder pedals, which I initially missed (but I shouldn't have).

 

So if you'll go back through (I believe) half ways through this thread you'll see that I mentioned the only time we've seen this issue was when one or both people did not have rudder pedals.  This was due to a bug in our code which affected only key/button binds for Toe Brakes.  We believe that issue has been resolved and the fix is included in the A330 update tentatively scheduled for delivery to customers next week.

 

Sorry for the inconvenience! 

 

Thanks Dave,

Will wait for the update and report back then.  Many thanks again for taking the time to help.

Pete

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, peteb101 said:

Thanks Dave,

Will wait for the update and report back then.  Many thanks again for taking the time to help.

Pete

 

My pleasure Pete.  Anytime my friend.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...