P3D CFD A330Pro Brake not release

ztajti

Hi Dave, 

We have installed the 330 update today and tested the brake issue and the parking brake issue is sorted but the toe brake one doesn't seem to be unfortunately.  Before the update, pressing either toe or parking brake  on a joystick or keyboard  button (peddles and VC handle worked fine) caused the toe brake to jam on however post update the parking brake can be operated fine from the joystick button by either pilot however using the toe brakes by any other means  than peddles causes them to lock on.  I note that the release notes mention a CFD parking brake fix but I didn't see any mention of toe brakes in them.  Happy to do any more testing if that would be of help. 

As a side note, the  experience of flying CFD is fabulously immersive and really bring another level of realism so please keep up the great work! 🙂  

Cheers Pete

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, peteb101 said:

Hi Dave, 

We have installed the 330 update today and tested the brake issue and the parking brake issue is sorted but the toe brake one doesn't seem to be unfortunately.  Before the update, pressing either toe or parking brake  on a joystick or keyboard  button (peddles and VC handle worked fine) caused the toe brake to jam on however post update the parking brake can be operated fine from the joystick button by either pilot however using the toe brakes by any other means  than peddles causes them to lock on.  I note that the release notes mention a CFD parking brake fix but I didn't see any mention of toe brakes in them.  Happy to do any more testing if that would be of help. 

As a side note, the  experience of flying CFD is fabulously immersive and really bring another level of realism so please keep up the great work! 🙂  

Cheers Pete

Thanks Pete.  The Parking Brake is automatically disengaged whenever the Differential (Toe) Brakes are engaged, so when there are problems with either brake system it will of course effect the other.

You are correct, in a past update we corrected an issue with the Parking Brake, but that was and is unrelated to the Differential Brake issue except as noted above in normal operations.

Hang in there, we're working to get an update that is supposed to address this issue out to you guys.  As such, there is no need to continue to report on this until after the upcoming A330 update for P3Dv4.5HF3.

Best wishes my friend!

EDIT:  Sorry, I didn't realize the udpate came out today!  I had a meeting with our PM yesterday and he didn't tell me the update release had been moved up!  With the update out, I've not had an opportunity to look at it, so you'll have to give me some time.

Guys, I verified that we're still having an issue with the Differential Brakes in Connected Flight Deck.  Things work fine so long as both parties (Captain and F/O) have rudder pedals with Toe Brake Axis assigned, but if one or more people do not have Toe Brake Axis then the Brake Command is constantly sent to the aircraft, thus making it impossible to move or set the parking brake (the latter is normal).

We're working on this, and hope to have an update out really soon (via the ASUpdater).  I will also let you guys know in this thread when it's been fixed.

My deepest apologies for the inconvenience, and my greatest thanks for your terrific patience with this!  For anyone who posted here or suffered this problem, send me a PM and I'll be sure to include you and your CFD Copilot (or provide you with one) for a very special Connected Flight Deck event coming soon.

Best wishes!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, max2000 said:

if we will use only keyboard button, will we have this problem?

Yes,  you probably will.

Connected Flight Deck has so many serious problems that it's not worth even attempting, and because of a server change it's not possible to go back to an older version.

I honestly don't know what is going to happen with Connected Flight Deck, but I would completely ignore it unless you here something different from Mathijs. 

On 8/16/2020 at 1:51 AM, DaveCT2003 said:

Yes,  you probably will.

Connected Flight Deck has so many serious problems that it's not worth even attempting, and because of a server change it's not possible to go back to an older version.

I honestly don't know what is going to happen with Connected Flight Deck, but I would completely ignore it unless you here something different from Mathijs. 

we found a desicion of problem with brakes. Both pilots need set axis left brakes and axis right brakes on keys via FSUIPC and will be okay

31 minutes ago, max2000 said:

we found a desicion of problem with brakes. Both pilots need set axis left brakes and axis right brakes on keys via FSUIPC and will be okay

That is a known work around for Brakes, but not the Parking Brake issue which raises it's head about every 3 to 4 flights or so.  One used to be able to hit the toe brakes to clear the parking brake issue, but it doesn't work with the latest iteration of the issue.  But compared to the other CFD issues, it's a minor one.

On 8/17/2020 at 11:53 AM, Mathijs Kok said:

That brake issue is solved (with many others) in the next update.

And if possible, can you add new option on A320? Settings of ND and PFD for F/O only in right panel, as on A330.

and next, what we are seeing, that FMGC is freezing, when we both clicking here. But I click LEFT MCDU, he click RIGHT MCDU

• 5 weeks later...
On 8/17/2020 at 10:53 AM, Mathijs Kok said:

That brake issue is solved (with many others) in the next update.

I read the changelog and I didn't find that brake issue fix. Do you confirm it is fixed? (I didn't have time to try yet...)

• 1 month later...

Trying to fly with the A330 in connected Flight Deck setup and we run into this problem as well. Both have version 1.0.3.1. Maybe you could add an option to disregard brake input as currently it is not working at all.

4 hours ago, Jamie said:

Trying to fly with the A330 in connected Flight Deck setup and we run into this problem as well. Both have version 1.0.3.1. Maybe you could add an option to disregard brake input as currently it is not working at all.

I solved it as well by removing the Axis Assignments from P3D completely and assign the left and right Brake Axis in FSUIPC. Works much better anyways.
For Joystick/Pedal brakes: in FSUIPC Go to Axis Assignment -> detect your brake pedal -> Send direct to FSUIPC Calibration AND tick LeftBrake below! Then in tab Joystick Calibration look for the Left Brake (direct!) and and press [ Set ] -> here you can alter the slope and finetune stuff. Same for right brake pedal of course.

For keyboard key assigntment: tab Key Presses -> press the key you want to assign -> first pull down 'Axis (!!!) Left Brake Set' -> enter 16380 for first Parameter -> second pull down 'Axis (!!!) Left Brake Set' -> enter -16380 for second parameter -> TICK INCLUDE PM! below! -> important: hit the [Confirm] button first! Then [  OK  ]
Repeat for right brake pedal.

• 2 months later...

Hi guys,
I just saw an article on FSElite regarding the CPDLC inclusion of the A330. The author also shows a changelog of fixes, improvements or new features. One point:

Improvement: Disabled the function where toe brakes automatically released the parking brake

This note brought me to the idea of testing the CFD brake issue which is still up-to-date for me and a friend, trying our best to get the A330 up in the air in one cockpit (We do both not own rudder pedals). Good thing is that obviously, the problem of not beeing able to release the parkingbrake once it is set has been solved. However, we still got the mentioned brakes issue from above. For this reason, I´d like to ask if there are any other experiences from one of you guys with the new update and weather the problem has been fixed on any other way.

Cheers
Micha (scn_spotter)

Hey there,

Yeah I'm still having brake issues with CFD. After reading few a few threads it seems FSUIPC is the get around. But then also, Aerosoft have said they fixed it in the update, which doesn't seem to be the case (for me anyway).

Whats everyones thoughts on this?

Cheers

Archived