P3D CFD A330Pro Brake not release

ztajti

Hi guys!

Yesterday we try the A330 Pro with shared cockpit in IVAO, and my friend can join my session, but we complete all checklist, and when I try pusback, I release the parking brake, and the plane always set the brake.

We try disconnect all controllers (Saitek ProFlight and Thrustmaster HottasX) and nothing else.

How I can fix the brake problem? Thank you!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/25/2020 at 5:09 PM, jdtaylor said:

I have the same problem, absolutely ridiculous with nothing being clarified here...

Might as well get a refund at this rate.

The PARKING Brake is problematic.  We have been aware of this issue for a few years now, it was reported by me and others several times, and I'm not sure when it will be fixed but the developer who writes this code is aware of the problem.  This problem usually occurs on every third of forth flight, so not every flight.  Fair warning, do NOT kill the messenger.

To correct this you can try hitting the brakes (not parking parks) and that may re-sync the parking brake between the two of you.  If that doesn't work then you will both have to close the session, stop the connection, close P3D and restart, and make a new connection.

I am very sorry for any inconvenience this causes you, but I continue to push for this to be fixed.

• 3 weeks later...

Unfortunately none of that worked for me and a friend last week or this week.   We've tried:

- toggling brakes

- toggling who is PF/PM

- coming our of CFD and back in

- Restarting P3D

- reversing axis'

None of these helped, we either had an A330 sitting with the Parking Brake on permanently or Differential Brakes engaged and unable to set the Parking Brake (and therefore the aircraft wouldn't move).   We've not had a successful attempt yet...

Not being able to move the aircraft would, I'd suggest, be a deal breaker, moreso than screens not syncing etc.  With out of sync displays you can still talk through what you've got - with a "brake stuck aircraft"...

4 hours ago, klisura said:

Same problem here. Brakes advice is steady red on left bottom corner and no way to set parking brakes

I'm warming up my crystal ball, trying to discern if you actually and correctly tried ALL of the advice up above.  Nope, not seeing it clearly, I'm afraid you'll have to check and let me know.

While your at it, I'd ask that you tell me the aircraft and engine type that you've had problems with and which version of the Airbus you're both using?

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

We have the same problem over here. But only having this issue on the A330 (every try so far), we have never encountered this issue on any of the A320 family airbusses.

Just to be sure we aren't talking past each other, the parking brake itself is fine. But whenever either one of us hits the normal toe brakes, it remains on ("BRAKES" indication left bottom corner) and can't be released anymore. Hitting and spamming brakes wouldn't solve this problem. In fact, disconneting from CFD wouldn't solve this problem either.
Neither of us two have a joystick with axis assigned to brakes. We do have a key assigned to "Brakes (apply/release)" with the repeat slider both on none (we tried none slow and fast).

Let me know if you need more information.

Cheers.

1 hour ago, Zhenche said:

We have the same problem over here. But only having this issue on the A330 (every try so far), we have never encountered this issue on any of the A320 family airbusses.

Just to be sure we aren't talking past each other, the parking brake itself is fine. But whenever either one of us hits the normal toe brakes, it remains on ("BRAKES" indication left bottom corner) and can't be released anymore. Hitting and spamming brakes wouldn't solve this problem. In fact, disconneting from CFD wouldn't solve this problem either.
Neither of us two have a joystick with axis assigned to brakes. We do have a key assigned to "Brakes (apply/release)" with the repeat slider both on none (we tried none slow and fast).

Let me know if you need more information.

Cheers.

You are talking about a different issue which is often caused by improper settings and/or calibration on one or both computers.

On 3/20/2020 at 3:26 AM, DaveCT2003 said:

You are talking about a different issue which is often caused by improper settings and/or calibration on one or both computers.

So how do you explain that the issue is only on A330 while on 320 everything is ok?

Me and my friend have exactly the same problem as Klisura and Zhenche.

Sometimes (1 out of 4) we have the problem that you cant autobrake turn of the autobrake. The other problem (brake keeps in the bottom left corner) we cant make it go away. We both have the same setup in joystick ( thrustmaster t flight hotas one) and were not using  brakes as an Axis).

We use PD3 v4 (4.5.13.32097) and Aerosoft A330 Professional version 1.0.0.8

So guys, I just personally tested the Toe Brakes and Parking Brakes on the A330 in Connected Flight Deck and they both worked perfectly.  When I say perfectly, I mean they were 100% for both of us.  We both used Rudder Pedals with Tow Brakes.

Now one of you guys mentioned or implied above that one of the two parties in a CFD session was using key binds for Toe Brakes.  We already know that this does not work very well, and unless I'm mistaken I don't believe we actually model that bind at all in CFD.

We have had some people say they calibrated their Toe Brakes, but it would be really nice to actually see that calibration.

I'll be on our Discord server off and on throughout today if you want to drop by and discuss this in real time.

Best wishes!

2 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

So guys, I just personally tested the Toe Brakes and Parking Brakes on the A330 in Connected Flight Deck and they both worked perfectly.  When I say perfectly, I mean they were 100% for both of us.  We both used Rudder Pedals with Tow Brakes.

Now one of you guys mentioned or implied above that one of the two parties in a CFD session was using key binds for Toe Brakes.  We already know that this does not work very well, and unless I'm mistaken I don't believe we actually model that bind at all in CFD.

We have had some people say they calibrated their Toe Brakes, but it would be really nice to actually see that calibration.

I'll be on our Discord server off and on throughout today if you want to drop by and discuss this in real time.

Best wishes!

I use saitek pedals and I use toes for differential brakes. I've calibrated it and set a null zone too.

I don't understand why it works in A320 and I have issue in A330.

Tomorrow I can check it with you if you have time, now unfortunately I can't

1 minute ago, klisura said:

I use saitek pedals and I use toes for differential brakes. I've calibrated it and set a null zone too.

I don't understand why it works in A320 and I have issue in A330.

Tomorrow I can check it with you if you have time, now unfortunately I can't

I've used both types of Saitek Rudder Pedals and the Thrustmaster Pedals without any issues.

I'll try to be around a little tomorrow.  If you can take a screen shot of your calibration settings that would help.

Also, if the person you're flying with has keys bound over for Tow Brakes then that is known to cause an issue, all you should have to do is have him delete those binds.

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

13 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

I've used both types of Saitek Rudder Pedals and the Thrustmaster Pedals without any issues.

I'll try to be around a little tomorrow.  If you can take a screen shot of your calibration settings that would help.

Also, if the person you're flying with has keys bound over for Tow Brakes then that is known to cause an issue, all you should have to do is have him delete those binds.

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

Here's my calibration settings. My CFD mate tried to delete brakes bindings (he doesn't use pedals, just brakes on a joystick button) but without success. We have red "Brakes" signal steady and it prevents to release parking brakes

Please login to display this image.

Yeah, that's the problem my friend.  You're calibration is seriously messed up.  Just use the "Reset" feature in your first screen shot.  I don't know if this is the entire problem (may likely be), but it's certainly contributing to your having issue.   If you check the Airbus Manual, you'll see that we don't recommend anything close to this for calibration.

Looking forward to hearing back from you after your next text.

On 3/22/2020 at 5:07 PM, DaveCT2003 said:

Yeah, that's the problem my friend.  You're calibration is seriously messed up.  Just use the "Reset" feature in your first screen shot.  I don't know if this is the entire problem (may likely be), but it's certainly contributing to your having issue.   If you check the Airbus Manual, you'll see that we don't recommend anything close to this for calibration.

Looking forward to hearing back from you after your next text.

Dave, what's the difference between my setup and the one recommended (null zone setting apart)?

And one question is still unanswered: why my setting works with A320 (and every other airplane) and not with A330...

Unfortunately I can't do any further attempts because my mate is in a terrible moment (he lost his mum). I'll try in next days, no hurry. There are most important things to care about now...  

Thank you for your attention and support

Bye

Kli

3 hours ago, klisura said:

Dave, what's the difference between my setup and the one recommended (null zone setting apart)?

And one question is still unanswered: why my setting works with A320 (and every other airplane) and not with A330...

Unfortunately I can't do any further attempts because my mate is in a terrible moment (he lost his mum). I'll try in next days, no hurry. There are most important things to care about now...  

Thank you for your attention and support

Bye

Kli

Hello again Kli,

First, I'm terribly sorry to hear about your friends loss.

How do the brakes work on the A330 for you in single cockpit flight?

Hi Dave, in single cockpit everything is ok. I use differential brakes bound to toe pedal.

I found other people on Facebook with the same issue

Okay, a few answers here.

1. I don't know if there is different code for the Toe Brakes between the smaller buses and the A330.  I'll certainly look into this but it's going to take a while, however my belief is that it's the same code.  It's entirely possible that the installation or update of the A330 didn't go as planned, and I would urge you to try using the procedure we published for installation, re-installation and updates.

2.  I'll maintain that your calibration could be injecting an issue during CFD flights and I still recommend resetting the calibration to default level and trying a CFD flight again.

3. Never, and I mean NEVER take a CFD/Shared Cockpit partner's word for ANYTHING they tell you.  And just when you THINK you can remember that I said NEVER DO IT.  I have about 8200 hours in Shared Cockpit and Connected Flight Deck and I don't think it's a stretch to say that I've flown with more people and connected to more systems (all of them different) and I've seen a great deal of issues caused because the other party's system wasn't correctly setup.  I've had VERY experienced flight simmers swear of their family's lives that their system was perfect only for me to waste countless time and eventually log onto their system to find that they were not just wrong, but terribly wrong.  So again, never, ever, E.V.E.R. take anyon'es word for something when it comes to Shared Cockpit or Connected Flight Deck... if you're having problems which you can't resolve then you log onto their system the verify things... PERIOD.  

So, my advice is to uninstall and reinstall exactly per our procedure, set your toe brake calibration to default and have your partner do the same.  After you've done your part of this, you can always log into our Discord Server and try a test with one of our CFD Captains.  I'd love to do this test with you myself, but I'm not available to do that at the present time.

EDIT:  We don't provide support via Facebook, so unless they post here their issue doesn't exist. I'm sorry if someone doesn't understand the rationale behind this, but that is how it is and I'm afraid it's not up for discussion. 

We have just tried again with last releases. With A320 everything is ok. With A330 when my mate touches brakes they remain activated (brakes red advice remain steady on) and this prevent parking brake set.

Sorry my friend, we've hsd numerous pairs of people try to duplicate this and its working for all of them. As such, I am offically labeling this a user system issue. There is nothing else I can think of.

Hey,        

I'm trying to fly with a friend on "Connected flight Deck" but we are having some brake problems. When we operate parking brakes, turn it off, their is this continuous red "differential Brake" or just "brake" thats pop up and immobilize aircraft. and the parking brake will not be able to reactivate

We both have same version of A330, of p3d, log via hamachi, and of course do not have those axis problems flying solo...

If anyone has a idea, i'll take it!!

Thx

(Uninstall/reinstall completed as recommended)

Archived