Mega Airports GCLPConfig path error

Marshall01

Hello

I cant get the configurator to work, I get a message box "The path c:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar 3D V4 could not be found"

Any help would be appreciated. I get the same on other mega airports.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Typically a sign that something is wrong with your registry. The tools check simply the path for P3D in the registry and in case there is something wrong, you get such an error.

- Which exact version of P3D do you have installed and where do you have it installed?

- Which exact version GCLP are you using?

Thanks for your prompt reply

I use p3d v4.5 with hf2 located on my d: drive.

GCLP is Version=1.0.0.0. which I purchased today from Simmarket.

It is installed in my C: documents folder in Prepar 3d add ons. 

27 minutes ago, mopperle said:

What happens when you run the configurator tool as Adminsitrator (right click on the exe and choose "Run as...")?

Hello 

It makes no difference.

Please login to display this image.

5 minutes ago, Tom A320 said:

What if you navigate with your Windows file explorer to that given folder?

Can you show us a screenshot of that, please?

Hi

and thanks for your interest.

Note I have Aerosoft LSGG and that configurator works fine.

• Deputy Sheriffs
24 minutes ago, Marshall01 said:

Note I have Aerosoft LSGG and that configurator works fine.

Yes, as this one only changes files within the addon, while the other allows you to deactivate the scenery without uninstalling it and therefore it needs access to the folder in questions.

And you also said that you have the same problem with other Airports. When you run P3D, is GCLP listed, when you click on the startup screen on "Add-ons", as in my screenshot?

• Deputy Sheriffs

No, got nothing to do with the location. It should look like the same as your entries for Malaga and Balearic Islands.

But of course, you can give it a try. Simply create a folder outside P3D and the documents folder like C:\P3D-Addons, uninstall your current installation, reboot your PC, Install it again and point the installer to the folder you just created.

• Deputy Sheriffs

TBH, Now I'm out of any idea. Seems as if something on your system is not as it should be, but no idea where to look at. Open a ticket at support@aerosoft.com and maybe the guys over there have an idea.

Ok

Fair enough, thank you all for your time. It is obviously not a known issue. If anyone else has, or has had, the same problem could you maybe let me know.

I wont raise a ticket at the moment, I will live with it for the time being. Again thanks for looking into it for me.

• Developer

Based on your screenshots, the P3D Simulator is installed on D:\Lockhead Martin.

In the Registry the Setup Path for the Sim points to C:\ProgramData..., so there is something wrong with the P3D installation itself.

1 hour ago, OPabst said:

Based on your screenshots, the P3D Simulator is installed on D:\Lockhead Martin.

In the Registry the Setup Path for the Sim points to C:\ProgramData..., so there is something wrong with the P3D installation itself.

I had a look at the registry and can only find entries( as in the example)

that point to D:\Lockheed Martin. Many thanks but I am no expert at that level,  are you saying I need to reinstall my Sim? 

ok 

So in conclusion the problem is not the the Aerosoft software but my simulator installation. I accept that, and will reinstall when the next p3d release comes out.

Since my sim is working good in all respects except this none vital facility on just  a small number of only Aerosoft airports, I do not feel the need at this time.

Thank you for your time.

• Developer

The offical registry key for P3D is not that one below HKEY_CURRENT_USER, it's the key below HKEY_LOCAL_MASCHINE:

Prepar3D's registry key information is located here:

>HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4

In this Keyset you must have a Value "SetupPath" with the Mainfolder of the P3D. The APPPath below the Current_User Regkey normally will also point to the same folder.

The Configtools will read the offical Key below Local_Maschine and use this path to find the Prepar3D.EXE. This is needed to be excecute to register the Addons into the P3D Scenery Environment.

So, when you check this regkey and correct the path there, all should work fine without reinstall the Sim.

For the future it is importent to select the correct Installpath via the Option Funktion in the Setup of P3D while intalling it and not move the Sim to another Place after install.

All SDK complient Addon (not only some Aerosoft Sceneries) will fail, when the SetupPath in the registry is not correct.

Thanks you, but if I understand you correctly  the entry already points to the main folder P3D,. Is there something to add?

I installed on my D: drive and have never moved it.

• Developer

Sorry, but I have no idea, why your System provides C:\ProgramData\.... instead of the D:\Lookheed Martin Path. The config tool just ask the windows API to provide the Key from the Local_Maschine Key. Just checked the code.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived