A very clever livery manager!

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

morning all. yes you will get this message on new liveries. that is because the painter did not include the new required file "liveryinstaller.txt" that is required and the painters dont know or dont care to add it. those liveries can be installed manually.  so the clever installer will work if the file is included. still trying to figure out why aerosoft did the upgrade. ive asked but could not get a response. warm regards to all and stay home and fly. steve

Repainter Guide.pdf

I assumed (I know, that's a dangerous thing to do) that this, so called, clever livery manager worked with all liveries.  Apparently not!  Just a question: Why was this put forth as an alternative to the default livery manager without communicating that it only works with a few liveries with the "liveryinstaller.txt?"

Eagle_For,

Did you create the "LiveryInstaller.txt" or did Holgi, the livery creator?

It seems that combining what mousemansteven said with the video you provided, Eagle_For, that it is, indeed, a clever livery manager only for certain liveries, or liveries that you create a LiveryInstaller.txt for.  Am I assuming correctly?

dear Mr Kok. I have to admit publicly that i am truly an old fart. I finally got the clue to getting this installer to work. i was just using the version 2000 alone and did not drop it in the aerosoft folder in documents. please forgive me for any thing i have said in the previous posts. trust that you and yours are safe and well. i must admit that your response to issues is very prolific. have a great day steve the old fart.

Hello
The only thing that doesn't work for me is drag and drop.
The weird thing is that it works on the original livery manager, which comes with the program.
So I installed the Avianca livree with the original program, then in the Livery Intelligent creates the package with the file "LiveryInstaller.txt", therefore complete for the Livery Manager Intelligent.
To reinstall it with this package I have to use the "Install Liveries" button because drag and drop is not allowed.
Sorry for my English.
I hope to have made myself understood.
Thank you

Unable to install the update file.  Purchased the Airbus Pro A320/321.  I wasn't able to install liveries using that manager that came with the download last week.  Saw this new livery manager.  Downloaded that then tried to download and update to 2.0 but it is downloading as a .7z file.  When I drag it to the Aerosoft/Liverinstaller folder it doesn't have me "overwrite" any existing file and the livery drag and drop method doesn't work either.  Any thoughts?

Same thing here, airforce806. Downloaded and installed 1.0, did not work. Downloaded 2.0, but it's just a .7z file and I don't know what file should be overwritten, since there's no other *.7z file in the folder.

Friends at ASFT, please advise.

Thanks!

1 hour ago, Gittowski said:

Same thing here, airforce806. Downloaded and installed 1.0, did not work. Downloaded 2.0, but it's just a .7z file and I don't know what file should be overwritten, since there's no other *.7z file in the folder.

Friends at ASFT, please advise.

Thanks!

The .7z file is a compressed file just like the old .zip format.  All you have to do is uncompress the file and copy the new Livery Installer.exe file over the one in the 1.0 installed file location.  Then run as normal.

18 hours ago, titusda said:

The .7z file is a compressed file just like the old .zip format.  All you have to do is uncompress the file and copy the new Livery Installer.exe file over the one in the 1.0 installed file location.  Then run as normal.

Okay, thanks. I'll try again.

Not sure how to "cunompress" the file.  Is it possible to just get an updated livery manager through the update section at Aerosoft?  Unable to get any of it to work on my computer.

• Deputy Sheriffs
6 hours ago, airforce806 said:

Not sure how to "cunompress" the file.  Is it possible to just get an updated livery manager through the update section at Aerosoft?  Unable to get any of it to work on my computer.

7z is a compressed file format like zip. You need 7zip (Freeware) to uncompress:

https://www.7-zip.org

Installed the livery manager and updated to 2.0.  Still can't install any liveries... I downloaded the united livery found here.  I attached a screen shot of my error.  Any help would be great.  Just purchased and can't seem to get any of this to work. Even with looking for installers that didn't come with the aircraft. 

Please login to display this image.

• Deputy Sheriffs
45 minutes ago, airforce806 said:

Installed the livery manager and updated to 2.0.  Still can't install any liveries... I downloaded the united livery found here.  I attached a screen shot of my error.  Any help would be great.  Just purchased and can't seem to get any of this to work. Even with looking for installers that didn't come with the aircraft. 

Please login to display this image.

Does the zip include the liveryinstaller.txt?

If no, then this livery is just not ready for the new installer.

You have to install manually and can then use the livery manager to create a new package that you can use for later.

Negative, it does not have the liverinstaller.txt in the folder.  Could you point me in a direction to find liveries that work for the livery manager or do I need to download and check each one?

Perhaps it would be wise to create instructions for this livery manager.  It may be a very clever liver manager once you stumble through this thread, but just telling people to download the manager and drage a zipped livery file over is a bit vague.

• Deputy Sheriffs

In post one of this topic is the manual linked. There is stated that the livery package has to follow the guidelines to work.

There is no special section for ready packages.

I noticed myself, not all repainters have knowledge of  this new livery manager.

Hey Mathijs, thank you for responding.  I have tried multiple liveries from several different designers and no dice.  Would you perhaps be able to forward a link to me of a livery that does work so I can give it a shot?  I saw the liveries that came with the purchased package had the designers listed.  I searched them out on the Aerosoft forum and tried their liveries but no luck.

Archived