Glareshield Brightness adjust - How?

JustanotherPilot

Unlike the A320/A321, I can't adjust the glareshield  brightness or turn on/of fusing the knob as shown, the FCU Brightness adjusts works  fine when turning the appropriate knob. Is this a bug or not modelled in th A330

Steve

Please login to display this image.

5 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

It does on our copies:

Okay, that's good, it doesn't on mine(neither does the EFB - way too bright to read, even on night setting), I've installed the A330 3 times but still can't get it to work, yet as mentioned, it works for the A320/A321. Is there some settings somewhere I can adjust, it's really annoying having them constantly on and at the brightest setting, failing that is there an .ini or .cfg file somewhere where I can turn them off for day flights.

7 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

No, it is all done dynamically. Have you read the manual on the correct sim settings regarding lighting?

I applied the recommended settings when I purchased the A330 day one of release -  to try and get the EFB to work, these settings didn't help but I kept them, hoping that one day the EFB might suddenly work. Looks like these settings didn't help me with the FCU brightness adjust either. Really annoying to fly around during the day and have the EFB and FCU lighting turned on and fully bright.

Archived