Mega Airport Helsinki

Alexx95310

Hello everyone,

I purchased and installed Mega Airport Helsinki yesterday, but when I launch the ATIS at this airport, this happens (picture), it makes absolutely non-sense

Can you help me to fix that ? Every AI plane lands at any runways, without taking care at the winds direction

And last answer, how can I make the jetways move with GSX and SODE ? Because all the jetways are statics and in the GSX airport position menu, there are no jetways at all

Thank you, and good day ^^

Please login to display this image.

The sim ATIS is reporting the unused crosswind runways in use implemented in the scenery.

With calm winds it is likely any runway would be used, I don't see issues here otherwise.

Static jetways only were implemented and GSX cannot replace them automatically.

I am not this stupid 😂 there is only three ru ways, at Helsinki 22L/R, 04L/R and 15 and 33, there are no unused runways implemented in the scenery

I have the same « issue » whenever the wind isn’t calm, the weather does not influence the ATIS in this case, maybe I should have specified it.

Wind calm or not, the ATIS says non-sense 

thanks for your reply, by the way ;)

22 minutes ago, Alexx95310 said:

I am not this stupid 😂 there is only three ru ways, at Helsinki 22L/R, 04L/R and 15 and 33

So your AFCAD does not contain crosswind runways ?

That is where those spurious runways come from to control runway use and appear in ATIS.

Please login to display this image.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/20/2020 at 2:57 PM, Alexx95310 said:

I am not this stupid 😂 there is only three ru ways, at Helsinki 22L/R, 04L/R and 15 and 33, there are no unused runways implemented in the scenery

Stephen is correct. If you look at the table above it indicates 3 main runways (with an approx. length of 3000m) as you said. However the important thing to point out is that RWY 33/15 is the cross runway to 04L/R and 22L/R.

The developer of this specific airport scenery implemented the ability to use all 3 runways simultaneously, however there are some flaws in the base flight simulator that means its not possible to utilize those 3 runways unless there are a series of dummy runways created in between them at various intervening runway headings.
You can see this referenced in the ATC message screenshot and you can also see them in the table above with all of those intervening runways between RWY 33 and 04. If you look closely at the table Stephen posted you can see those dummy runways because they all have a length of 3m and 3m wide. In practicality you cant see those dummy runways in the flight sim.

There's more technical information on this technique some scenery developers use here:- 

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/243424-xwind-runways/

Bottom-line: Std FS ATC will show all these intervening runways when this technique is used in the scenery or if there is a config file that enables crosswind runway use.

Regards

Mark

Archived