Support overload. We are currently seeing 65% more demand for support then we normally see. We can only assume this is because more people are at home due to the corona crises. Our complete support staff is online and they are working flat out, but it will take some days before we can scale up resources. Please be patient.

Hauer

Loss of power

Dear Aerosoft Team, firstly my compliments for developing such a superb A333.

I'm probably overlooking something... am using the virtual copilot checklist assistance / procedure.

All goes well until I've closed the exits and the 2nd checklist sequence is applied involving the APU startup.

As soon as the groundpower facility is disconnected all my screens go blank and I lose all my FMC info settings.

Advise appreciated. Thank you / danke.

Herman

23 minutes ago, Hauer said:

Dear Aerosoft Team, firstly my compliments for developing such a superb A333.

I'm probably overlooking something... am using the virtual copilot checklist assistance / procedure.

All goes well until I've closed the exits and the 2nd checklist sequence is applied involving the APU startup.

As soon as the groundpower facility is disconnected all my screens go blank and I lose all my FMC info settings.

Advise appreciated. Thank you / danke.

Herman

I can tell you that it works just fine when not using the checklist.  Our Herman is our Checklist developer and he'll likely stop by this post to help.

Thank you, Dave.

I'm a rather "lazy" pilot so I enjoy the use of a virtual copilot.

Herman

I notice the cause being that the APU Generator needs to be manually activated prior to APU activation.  While I'm at it, I also do not hear a thump (like the other Airbusses) when the door(s) is / are closed. Instead of the thump sound, I get the start of a sound similar to when testing the fire alarms. The latter sound is repeated whilst the virtual pilot goes through some of the other checklist items. Just an observation... 

Note - I upgraded yesterday from version 1.0.0.4 to 1.0.0.7

P3Dv4.5 ver. 4.5.13.32097 (full installation)

Herman

I tried to edit the above but the system won't allow it at this stage.

Observations re the automated virtual pilot checklists...

Cockpit preparation checklist - FD needs to be activated manualy on the copilot side.

Before start checklist - I notice the cause of power loss being that the APU Generator needs to be manually activated prior to or during APU activation.

While I'm at it, I also do not hear a thump (like the other Airbusses) when the door(s) is / are closed.

When performing a pushback using GSX (latest updated Level 2), I tried activating engine 2 setting the master switch to ignition and flicking the switch. Confirmation is given with "starting engine 2", however, nothing at all happens when monitoring the appropriate screen. Dead as a Dodo!

I then repeated the identical step for engine 1 and it immediately roared to life. 

Can you please investigate. Thank you / danke.

Note - I upgraded yesterday from version 1.0.0.4 to 1.0.0.7

P3Dv4.5 ver. 4.5.13.32097 (full installation)  Aircraft directory path: C\FLTSIM\Prepar3D v4\Aerosoft A330 Professional\

Herman

Our developer (our Herman) is just finishing up a well deserved vacation, but he knows about this thread and he will respond just as soon as he returns.  Likely just a day  or two.

Best wishes.

That's fine, Dave.  Thanks.

Hope he has some nice fresh ideas / solutions when he returns... 😉

Herman

Okay, so in the meantime I have sorted out the power loss / non-starting  engine 2 issue...

Observations from my side in respect of the current virtual pilot / copilot checklist procedures:

Cockpit Prepation Checklist - copilot Fd is not activated (perhaps a beep for actioning should indicate manual input);

Before Start Checklist - APU Generator not activated (immediate cockpit powerloss after APU has been activated;

Engine 2 will not start if / when appropriate switches in the AIR module section have not been activated.

In short, the programming actions of the virtual pilot / copilot are not complete.

Please note the above is not to criticise the product but simply food-for-thought as for someone totally new to aviation could get unnecessarily frustrated.

Happy flying!

Herman