Aspen XP Winter Trees

Recently I started flying into Aspen KASE by Aerosoft.  I have the steam version installed.  The trees displayed are white even though I have not set up the winter mod.  I uninstalled the scenery, made sure the folders were deleted and then reinstalled.  Same issue.  Digging into the files I found under D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\X-Plane 11\Custom Scenery\Aerosoft - KASE Aspen - Airport\objects\vegetation\texture four files.  Two dds and two png for shrubs and trees.  The png files show a white texture.  If I delete the white colored png files or edit them and replace the white texture with green, then I get green trees and shrubs.  I do not believe the scenery used to work this way and only noticed this recently.  Has anyone else noticed this or experienced this issue with the Aerosoft Aspen XP scenery?  I have submitted a support ticket on this but wanted to touch base on the forum.

• Developer

Just delete the metioned png textures, they seem to be remnants and actually should not ship with the package. Also, if you set the textures slider in X-Plane options to maximum with compression the dds should be loaded instead of the pngs. If you set the textures to uncompressed you just waste memory without any noticable benefit so I recommend to activate the compression.

Thank you for the response.  I was running X-Plane 11 with maximum textures already (not uncompressed) but wonder why it was using the png files?  I took your suggestion and deleted the png files.

Archived