Crew ads that disappear

magna91

Sometimes I change my view, perhaps to take an external photo, while the hostess is making security announcements. But after switching to the external view, when I return to the cockpit, the announcement is gone. Even though it has just started making the announcement, it disappears. How is this possible?

11 minutes ago, magna91 said:

Sometimes I change my view, perhaps to take an external photo, while the hostess is making security announcements. But after switching to the external view, when I return to the cockpit, the announcement is gone. Even though it has just started making the announcement, it disappears. How is this possible?

Sounds and views in P3D are linked. If it's a repetitious sound (example: Avionics) we can re-trigger the sound. But in the case of an announcement, we would have to re-trigger the sound from the start, and that just would not be good. 

By the way, flight crews do not normally hear these sounds, we put them there because flight simmers are used to hearing them as passengers. It's one of those "what flight simmers expect to hear" type things which I personally loathe, but we do our best to please the non-pilots.

I hope I've answered your question.

Best wishes.

1 hour ago, magna91 said:

Thanks @DaveCT2003. Then wouldn't it be possible for these announcement sounds to be heard only the microphone is activated to speak with the crew?

Would you kindly restate your question in more detail?  Maybe give an example?

2 hours ago, magna91 said:

Risultato immagini per radio a320

Yes, perhaps with a photo it is clearer, sorry.

Can't hear the announcement sounds only when the CAB button has been activated?

image source: http://www.a320dp.com/A320_DP/communications/sys-2.1.0.html

Just to confirm, you're talking about our A320?  If so, which engine variant?

I'm on the upcoming update, and I honestly don't remember if the Com Panel was configured differently in the current customer version.  What I will say is that in the upcoming update it's not possible to select anything other than COM1 or COM2 on the top row of the Com Panel. 

With that, I have to go back to my initial reply about P3d, views and sounds.

I hope that answers your question.

14 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Just to confirm, you're talking about our A320?  If so, which engine variant?

Yes, I talk of Aerosoft A320/321, with alla engine variant I have I noticed this "problem".

14 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

I'm on the upcoming update, and I honestly don't remember if the Com Panel was configured differently in the current customer version.  What I will say is that in the upcoming update it's not possible to select anything other than COM1 or COM2 on the top row of the Com Panel. 

With that, I have to go back to my initial reply about P3d, views and sounds.

I hope that answers your question.

Ok then no problem. Thanks you so much

Archived