LSGG - CTD

B777ER

Have version 1.0.1.3 of LSGG installed with latest version of P3D. Keep getting Terrain.dll CTD when flying into the airport. Have Orbx products installed and FS Global Ultimate Mesh as well. I saw another closed thread here where someone else was having this issue but was solved with latest update. I have the latest update and still get it.  

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

mine always crashes between FL150-FL100 on descent not matter what plane or where i fly from... i use P3Dv4.5 scenery is 1.0.1.3 and my pd client is 4.5.12.3093 to be honest it is really bugging me as i paid good money for it and i originally thought it was a chaseplane issue which it wasn't as it happens even when i don't use chaseplane..it happens on EVERY approach so it has to be an aerosoft issue.. my pc specs are I5-8600K 16gb ram and a liquid cooler.in all fairness if it doesn't get sorted out then i want my cash back

• Aerosoft

Well Rabby, if this would be an issue with the software, all customers should have this issue and the forum would be full of angry customers.  This is an issue that happens on your system and not on all systems so it has to have a specific reason that is unique to your system (and as we know to at least one other system as well). Not a lot that we can do about that. 

Are there any other add-on airports in the region? Have you tried disabling AI (if you are using that)? In order to eliminate the issue it is best to disable all add-ons except LSGG.

Always about 20 to 25nm.awa6 from airport. Mathijs suggestion to disable mesh is not going to happen. No other 3rd party airports in Europe have this problem. I have a bunch from numerous dev's installed all without issue including other Aerosoft airports. This bug is with LSGG, not my system. I'm uninstalling it. Waste of money.

• 2 weeks later...

I got the same issue, everytime I fly into Geneva unfortunately. The flights I took into Geneva, all came in via the LUSAR STAR, and precisely at point SOVAD on that STAR, the simulator crahses everytime, which is at the small village "Le Creux de la Mainaz".

There have been two ways for me to land at LSGG without a crash so far.

1. Bypassing SOVAD, with a dct to GG807

2. Deactivating Aerosoft LSGG (which shouldn't be an option obviously :D )

The error, which comes up, is the terrain.dll. I am using the current P3D version and it happened in Geneva versions 1.0.1.0 and the current 1.0.1.3 (can't judge about earlier ones). I am NOT using any 3rd party mesh addon or any other scenery for Geneva.

Name der fehlerhaften Anwendung: Prepar3D.exe, Version: 4.5.13.32097, Zeitstempel: 0x5d8abf93
Name des fehlerhaften Moduls: terrain.dll, Version: 4.5.13.32097, Zeitstempel: 0x5d8abed8
Ausnahmecode: 0xc0000005
Fehleroffset: 0x0000000000009673
ID des fehlerhaften Prozesses: 0x428
Startzeit der fehlerhaften Anwendung: 0x01d5f13e14394b24
Pfad der fehlerhaften Anwendung: D:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Prepar3D.exe
Pfad des fehlerhaften Moduls: D:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\terrain.dll
Berichtskennung: 1a9aa4f9-a9d6-46cd-a78b-efcb9bbadaf2
Vollständiger Name des fehlerhaften Pakets: 
Anwendungs-ID, die relativ zum fehlerhaften Paket ist: 

Hello, I bought LSGG just yesterday so I have the latest version installed.  This evening I had the exact same problem as the poster above me, a crash to desktop while inbound on the LUSAR STAR, approx 2 nm to run to SOVAD.  I did a flight outbound from LSGG yesterday with no problems, but it is very strange that P3D crashed at the exact same point as the users above while inbound, indicating a problem somewhere.  The contents from windows event viewer is below:

Faulting application name: Prepar3D.exe, version: 4.5.13.32097, time stamp: 0x5d8abf93
Faulting module name: terrain.dll, version: 4.5.13.32097, time stamp: 0x5d8abed8
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000000009673
Faulting process ID: 0x2060
Faulting application start time: 0x01d5f572a31cf556
Faulting application path: D:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Prepar3D.exe
Faulting module path: D:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\terrain.dll
Report ID: ef84ebfe-1c44-4972-9a2c-85f28eb0763e

Please let me know what other information you require.

Kind regards.

Hi Mathijs,

I use Orbx Global & Europe LC.  Other than that, I have no other terrain addons and I have never installed any other versions of Geneva, payware or freeware.  The Orbx products I mentioned have not caused me a CTD anywhere else the whole time I've owned them.

Regards,

• Aerosoft

Hi guys,

I've also trying to reproduce and haven't been able so far, unfortunately. There was a small hickup overhead DINIG entering the area via the LUSAR STAR but afterwards the sim continued to run normally.

So we need further information to try and find the culprit. Do you fly at a certain time of day when it happens? What aircraft do you use?

I fly with J5flyer a lot on vatsim so thought i would have a go and fly the same STAR flying in from EGKK , I use the Aerosoft Airbus (A320 this flight) , had no issues flying the STAR but did have what i can describe as a slight pause freeze passing one of the waypoints before SOVAD but i put that down to just the Scenery ahead loading,was able to fly the full STAR and land Runway 22 without issues .... only thing i edited on route was that i took out Manual after  G514 so it flew GG514 SPR GG811 etc . I plan on flying the same route again later.

Hi BenBaron,

I tried it again this evening and the same thing happened, CTD during the turn at SOVAD on the LUSAR 2R arrival, it starts with a few stutters (thought I was getting away with it at first), but then immediately after a CTD happens.  The route I flew was EGGW - LSGG with the FS Labs A320 on both occasions.  I've tried during the day, sunset and night.  I've also tried different methods of entering the route into the aircraft such as an import via simbrief, then entering it all completely manually etc (although I can't see how that would affect terrain.dll, but I tried it anyway).

The route I flew was EGGW - LSGG with the following flight plan:

CPT3B CPT N859 GWC DCT BOGNA UL612 RESMI UM975 LUSAR LUSAR2R

Thanks for taking the time to look into this.

Regards,

• Deputy Sheriffs
21 hours ago, keenrw said:

I fly with J5flyer a lot on vatsim so thought i would have a go and fly the same STAR flying in from EGKK , I use the Aerosoft Airbus (A320 this flight) , had no issues flying the STAR but did have what i can describe as a slight pause freeze passing one of the waypoints before SOVAD but i put that down to just the Scenery ahead loading,was able to fly the full STAR and land Runway 22 without issues .... only thing i edited on route was that i took out Manual after  G514 so it flew GG514 SPR GG811 etc . I plan on flying the same route again later.

I did exactly the same (ok, flying from LFBO; but same STAR), did also remove the "MANUAL" wpt and any DISCOs. Saw also the short freeze after DINIG. But short freezes like this, I can see at many other airports too. But after that the flight continued normal without CTD.

I also have all Orbx stuff for Europe, but nothing like SwissPro or other Swiss related scenery or something like traffic addons. From the past I remember mainly 2 reasons for terrain.dll crashes:
- incompatible parts f a scenery, e.g. using old FSX stuff in P3D, zero byte files (bgl or texture) or tools installing trees/lights globally

- settings too high, especially autogen.

Did you already try to start with a fresh prepar3d.cfg? Also this guide on Avsim can be helpfull to track down issues:
https://www.avsim.com/files/file/87-avsim-prepar3d-guide/

7 hours ago, mopperle said:

I did exactly the same (ok, flying from LFBO; but same STAR), did also remove the "MANUAL" wpt and any DISCOs. Saw also the short freeze after DINIG. But short freezes like this, I can see at many other airports too. But after that the flight continued normal without CTD.

I also have all Orbx stuff for Europe, but nothing like SwissPro or other Swiss related scenery or something like traffic addons. From the past I remember mainly 2 reasons for terrain.dll crashes:
- incompatible parts f a scenery, e.g. using old FSX stuff in P3D, zero byte files (bgl or texture) or tools installing trees/lights globally

- settings too high, especially autogen.

Did you already try to start with a fresh prepar3d.cfg? Also this guide on Avsim can be helpfull to track down issues:
https://www.avsim.com/files/file/87-avsim-prepar3d-guide/

Hi Mate

Thanks for the post but my Sim flies the STAR fine bar the slight pause  .. i think you may have meant J5flyer ,B777ER and Tobias94 as they sadly have the CTD issues

Hi,

I flew the flight several more times today to test whether by-passing the SOVAD waypoint area helps in any way - and it does.  On the same LUSAR arrival, I tried LIRKO DCT GG514 and encountered no problems, was able to fly the approach and land.  For the second flight, I got a bit closer to the 'problem' area, by staying on the STAR as far as DINIG, then going DCT GG507 which brings me to roughly 5nm north abeam SOVAD at its closest point I think, again no problems.

For whatever reason, routing via or within a mile or two of SOVAD takes you too close to a problem area that causes an issue with the terrain.dll.  As the waypoint is quite close to the airport before turning downwind (away from the airport again), I wonder if routing via SOVAD brings you just within touching distance of the airport scenery/textures to load (or something else), but then as you are immediately then flying away again maybe it is suddenly trying to 'unload' something while simultaneously still loading it?  I'm probably way off the mark and just firing off random ideas , but hopefully the developers will be able to investigate further to discover the cause as it appears several others have the same issue, with likely more who have not posted.  Maybe even various configurations/options selected during installation could have an effect.  I have no other addon scenery in the area other than the two Orbx products I mentioned above (which many people use and give me no problems elsewhere at least), and I've tried different autogen settings lower than that I would normally fly with.  I do understand it is very challenging when you cannot reproduce it yourself, so I thank you for your patience.

While you investigate further, when I get time my next test will be to try an arrival from the south and see if that produces any problems in the same manner.  Unfortunately time does not allow me to constantly repeat the same flight over and over again in search for a cause or fix, but I'll help where & when I can.  At least for now I know that I can take a small shortcut on the arrival routing to avoid a CTD.

Kind regards,

• Aerosoft
vor 10 Stunden , J5flyer sagte:

Hi,

I flew the flight several more times today to test whether by-passing the SOVAD waypoint area helps in any way - and it does.  On the same LUSAR arrival, I tried LIRKO DCT GG514 and encountered no problems, was able to fly the approach and land.  For the second flight, I got a bit closer to the 'problem' area, by staying on the STAR as far as DINIG, then going DCT GG507 which brings me to roughly 5nm north abeam SOVAD at its closest point I think, again no problems.

For whatever reason, routing via or within a mile or two of SOVAD takes you too close to a problem area that causes an issue with the terrain.dll.  As the waypoint is quite close to the airport before turning downwind (away from the airport again), I wonder if routing via SOVAD brings you just within touching distance of the airport scenery/textures to load (or something else), but then as you are immediately then flying away again maybe it is suddenly trying to 'unload' something while simultaneously still loading it?  I'm probably way off the mark and just firing off random ideas , but hopefully the developers will be able to investigate further to discover the cause as it appears several others have the same issue, with likely more who have not posted.  Maybe even various configurations/options selected during installation could have an effect.  I have no other addon scenery in the area other than the two Orbx products I mentioned above (which many people use and give me no problems elsewhere at least), and I've tried different autogen settings lower than that I would normally fly with.  I do understand it is very challenging when you cannot reproduce it yourself, so I thank you for your patience.

While you investigate further, when I get time my next test will be to try an arrival from the south and see if that produces any problems in the same manner.  Unfortunately time does not allow me to constantly repeat the same flight over and over again in search for a cause or fix, but I'll help where & when I can.  At least for now I know that I can take a small shortcut on the arrival routing to avoid a CTD.

Kind regards,

Hi,

thanks for your understanding that this is a hard one to track down.

One thing I noticed reading through the thread again is that so far you are the only one reporting a crash who also indicated the used aircraft: the FS Labs A320. Although I have no idea if it could be a part of the problem, trying to enter the area with another aircraft could also be worth a shot. Even with a default one to rule this one out.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Additional question: which database provider do you use, I guess Navigraph? Although I do not think that it is the problem I repeat that flight today evevening using navigraph.

Yep I am using Navigraph, latest 2003 AIRAC.  Has anyone else tried it with the FS Labs A320?  Can the other two posters who have the same problem in this thread please confirm which aircraft you are using when the CTD occurs?  I'm continuing with some more test flights in the mean time.

Im helping J5FLYER with this issue atm I tried the Aerosoft Airbus and IFLY 737 ... no CTD on that STAR ... be interesting if the  users who have this problem are using the FSLABs airbus... im also using Navigraph for nav data

• Deputy Sheriffs

Also ended a flight couple of minutes ago, with the Airbus, but this time with Navigraph, and no CTD.

22 minutes ago, keenrw said:

be interesting if the  users who have this problem are using the FSLABs airbus

Dont think so, both were just ranting instead of giving helpfull input.

Archived