Request: Include FSUPIC settings in the manual

Omar Al-Safi

Hello AS team, 

First of all, thank you for bringing this bird to use, I am really enjoying it. However, I was struggling recently with manual control of the plane. Since I use FSUPIC  to calibrate my joystick, I was having a hard time to figure out what would be the best sensitivity (slope) for my joystick until I settled on slope of 5-6 on both aileron and elevator and it really helped and now I can fly with it in enjoyable way! Thus, would be nice to include the optimal settings in the manual in regards FSUPIC in order to raise the awareness of the users whom use FSUPIC as their joystick calibration :). 

Thank you and keep it up!

Regards,

Omar

1 hour ago, Omar Al-Safi said:

Hello AS team, 

First of all, thank you for bringing this bird to use, I am really enjoying it. However, I was struggling recently with manual control of the plane. Since I use FSUPIC  to calibrate my joystick, I was having a hard time to figure out what would be the best sensitivity (slope) for my joystick until I settled on slope of 5-6 on both aileron and elevator and it really helped and now I can fly with it in enjoyable way! Thus, would be nice to include the optimal settings in the manual in regards FSUPIC in order to raise the awareness of the users whom use FSUPIC as their joystick calibration :). 

Thank you and keep it up!

Regards,

Omar

Thank you very much for your comment. 

Our current documentation does indeed provide basic instructions for thrust lever setup, but not ailerons and elevators. The reason is simple and two fold.  1) The setup for this axis is very similar to the thrust level, and 2) there are so many different joysticks and yokes on the market and each one requires different calibration.

Additionally, we do not recommend the use of FSUIPC for our products. Instead we strongly recommend the use of FSX/P3D  control bindings.

Again, thank you for your comment.

Best wishes.

Archived