A330 first impressions

TGoncalves

Hello everyone,

I got the A330 pro just yesterday and I did a few runs testing basic stuff.

My apologies as I may mention some topic already covered in another post, I took a look just now and I havent noticed a repetition.

So far just took a look into fmgs which good but need few more weeks to really see it deeply. So far from fmgs only noticed that despite of having the option "fuel planning" (INIT B page).

Meanwhile as first impressions I noticed the brightness adjustment for ISIS doenst work, i think it can get quite bright during night flying. Also with no electric supply the glareshield integral lights are powered.

Right after takeoff the A/THR is not there yet. as soon as I try to fly selected speed with A/THR engaged he keeps CLB THR all the way. In order to dominate the bird I had to switch OFF FDs and use the bird, and then turn FDs back on. 

Flight Laws, I only checked normal law. Bank angle protection is working by stoping the roll at 67, but then the system keeps any roll angle up to the max of 67. It should reduce the bank down to 33 and maintain it there, unless ofc, there is roll input to keep it beyond 33.

For high speed protection, the behavior is good, but the overspeed warning is missing. Overspeed warning shall come up, both aural + CRC + master warn light as soon as as speed reach VMO/VLE/VFE + 4 or MMO +.006.

Thank you for the great work, cant wait for another day of exploration!

Tiago Gonçalves

7 hours ago, TGoncalves said:

So far from fmgs only noticed that despite of having the option "fuel planning" (INIT B page).

I'm not sure what you mean my friend.

8 hours ago, TGoncalves said:

Meanwhile as first impressions I noticed the brightness adjustment for ISIS doenst work, i think it can get quite bright during night flying.

I don't believe this is planned, but I'll take a look.  One thing you can do is ensure that you have HDR turned on in P3D, this is required as we used  PBR textures with the A330.

Also with no electric supply the glareshield integral lights are powered.

Rings a bell, I'll take a look.

Right after takeoff the A/THR is not there yet. as soon as I try to fly selected speed with A/THR engaged he keeps CLB THR all the way.

"He"?  You must be Russian my friend!  (The Western world usually refers to ships/aircraft as "She", but Russians always refer to them as "he". Neat!).  This issue was resolved quite some time ago.  Please be sure that you have updated the A330 to version 1.0.0.7.  Also, be sure to disable computer security and run the ASUpdater as Administrator.  You will also have to enable Experimental Updates in the Configuration tab of the ASUpdater.

Bank angle protection is working by stoping the roll at 67, but then the system keeps any roll angle up to the max of 67.

Known issue.  It's on the list to be corrected.

the overspeed warning is missing

I believe this was resolved, and you should see it fixed after you update to version 1.0.0.7.

There are several other minor issues that we're working on.  If you find the time, you can read about what is fixed and not fixed in the Airbus Professional forum.  Also, we have another update coming out very soon, but we can't give you a date.  We will post the update release in the forums and on Discord, or you can check the ASUpdater (again, be sure to disable computer scurity and run the ASUpdater as Administrator).

Thanks so very much for the feedback!  We really appreciate it!

Best wishes my friend.

My apologies, I should read it before posting.

Idk what happened with the INIT B part, info is clearny missing. I swear I was sober!

INIT B the fuel planning funtion was not calculating the block fuel. I just updated and will do some more runs into the weekend.

Ah, not russian. In my language all words have gender and airplane is male gender. I am from Portugal. But in that case I was referring to he, as the system, not "she" the airplane.

Is it possible to use same brightness knob of ND1 for the ISIS too? Maybe makes it easier. Anyway, this can go for the last item to be fine tunned.

I forgot to mention about another detail, regarding the PLI. As I was doing some Touch n goes, the PLI comes at 400ft as expected during app, but as you accelerate and rotate again it remains there until above 400, is locked on the landing mode and does not revert to takeoff.

I will try to read as much as possible avoiding bothering you with repetitive inputs.

Thank you very much for the quick response and congratulations on the great job!

Tiago Gonçalves

1 hour ago, TGoncalves said:

I forgot to mention about another detail, regarding the PLI. As I was doing some Touch n goes, the PLI comes at 400ft as expected during app, but as you accelerate and rotate again it remains there until above 400, is locked on the landing mode and does not revert to takeoff.

PLI?  I'm not familiar with that term.  Are you referencing the LAND indication on the PFD? 

As you likely know, 400ft is a dominant altitude for Airbus operations and for it's systems, with many different scenarios being predicated at, below or above 400ft including during Approach, Takeoff, Landing and Go-Around, so with my not being familiar with the term "PLI" it's difficult to know precisely what you're referencing and I was unable to find a reference for PLI in any of the Airbus, Airline, or training documentation.  Let me know what PLI is?

The only thing we're tracking that seems similar to what you're talking about is:

"Clicking into the next phase after APPR, in the GO AROUND PAGE, initially the THR RED / ACC gives a bogus number, then after a few seconds, it sorts itself and shows the proper numbers. This only happens one time. Going out of the page, and back will show the correct numbers." 

This item has been worked some time ago and we're testing to ensure it was fixed.  If this is what you're talking about, please wait until our upcoming update is out and please let me know if you still see an issue?  We would very much appreciate this.

1 hour ago, TGoncalves said:

I will try to read as much as possible avoiding bothering you with repetitive inputs.

It's never a bother my friend. We know that (and are happy about) people coming into this project at all stages and we're always happy to answer any post or inquiry. But it's also helpful for all concerned if one does a quick forum search to ensure the issue isn't already written about.  It's far more important and we always appreciate people who participate and share what they see!

I'm very happy to see you active in our Flight Sim Community on Discord, and thank you very much for your helpful comments there! I look forward to speaking to you on Discord when we get the chance!

Best wishes!

• Deputy Sheriffs
On 2/10/2020 at 5:59 PM, TGoncalves said:

So far from fmgs only noticed that despite of having the option "fuel planning" (INIT B page).

It's only a dummy and not modeled. Use the Fuelplanner, PFPX or Simbrief.

Meanwhile as first impressions I noticed the brightness adjustment for ISIS doenst work

The ISIS is autotuning the brightneess with a lightsensor. Currently not modeled.

Right after takeoff the A/THR is not there yet. as soon as I try to fly selected speed with A/THR engaged he keeps CLB THR all the way. In order to dominate the bird I had to switch OFF FDs and use the bird, and then turn FDs back on. 

We have to look into.
When do you select selected speed exactly? During Takeoff phase or in CLB phase?
You can preselect the speed for CLB in the PERF CLB page prior takeoff.

Bank angle protection is working by stoping the roll at 67, but then the system keeps any roll angle up to the max of 67. It should reduce the bank down to 33 and maintain it there, unless ofc, there is roll input to keep it beyond 33.

Know, as Dave already written.

For high speed protection, the behavior is good, but the overspeed warning is missing.

Known issue. Already in bugtracking list. @DaveCT2003 it's still open.

4 hours ago, TGoncalves said:

regarding the PLI

I will check the code for the "tail strike pitch limit indicator" (@DaveCT2003 I had also to search for that)

2 hours ago, masterhawk said:

We have to look into.
When do you select selected speed exactly? During Takeoff phase or in CLB phase?
You can preselect the speed for CLB in the PERF CLB page prior takeoff.

I don't think he's on 1.0.0.7, or at least not a good install/update.  I don't have any issues with this.

39 minutes ago, miquelpp said:

Hi Dave, BTW the update is getting too long....any hope for this week?

Best.

Miquel.

Hello my friend. 

You've been around here long enough to know not to usurp someone else's thread and take it into a new direction!

If what I posted above is does not answer  your question, feel free to create a new post in the appropriate section and if you want me to answer just PM me a link to the post and I'll be happy to.

Best wishes my friend.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Also with no electric supply the glareshield integral lights are powered.

I have to check. That is the power logic for the cockpit lights:

Please login to display this image.

Hello everyone,

Meanwhile, update to the latest 1.0.0.7 is done.

In fact, during takeoff/initial climb A/THR behaves as expected with speed selected. I was selecting speed right at thr reduction altitude and acceleration for patterns and manouvers.

What happens sometimes is, while setting takeoff thrust, the FMA does not engage the SRS mode. Most of times it does, but not always. If I continue takeoff without SRS mode, the A/THR is still armed, engaging as the levers are set to climb, but then selecting speed will not take action. Reseting FDs solves it, so i can either do it at this stage or right at the start of takeoff roll in case of SRS not engaged, is a matter or reseting FDs and everythings fine.

Im sorry, PLI stands for Picht limit indicator. It comes on PFD mainly to avoid tailstrike on approach and takeoff.

So, this time I started with Cold and Dark. Everything seems great, just 2 small details. Not really important anyway. Crew Supply Oxigen is usually off at this stage, (its also part of securing the aircraft at the end of the day) and all 3 RMPs were turned off when is not really something common for this type of aeroplanes. RMPs are usually left on while powering down/up. Again, just little not significant details.

During cockpit prep I noticed that rudder trim gets locked on left position by any input of mousewheel.

Reset to zero function uses same logic of setting the trim instead of fixed 3/s. Rudder trim has no effect on nosewheel for taxi(handy tool for taxi with xwind or single engine)

While using THS trim I noticed each click of trim represents a big change on the trim wheel(using joystick), but mouseclick is smooth, small changes per click.

The database loaded on the FMS is by default the older one. Always need to change to the updated one.

Exploring the overhead panel, AC ESS FEED springloaded guard is operated by itself as well as by a few other inactive guards such as L and R INR TK split, PRIM2+3, SEC2 and EVAC Command. PRIM1 and SEC 1 no effect.

Overhead ENG panel, both MAN start and N1 mode not working, so i'll wait for future updates to play with it.

Cabin pressure panel not working, but I noticed the CPCs work and changeover, so I guess this panel is about to go live.

Bulk Temp control is working correctly with mousewheel, but inverted with mouse clicks.

ADR and IR pushbuttons not work, but rotary switches work great.

ENG and APU fire guard pushbuttons not working.

EFIS control panel, ENG option of ND selector not selectable. 

Pedestal, Ecam and EFIS Switching panels not working yet. Toys for later.

ECAM control panel, all buttons are clickable but ALL not cycling, CLR does not clear ecam messages, STS always shows normal and RCL has no effect.

Instinctive disconnection pushbuttons not working(sidesticks and thrust levers)

From FMS, not sure if is my bug, but at the sim loading(or aircraft loading) it always start with the old database as active instead of having as active the newer version.

While setting up FMS, perf climb page Derate climb thrust not avail.

SEC FPL, does not allow to insert a point with the same name of the TO WPT of active FPL. Lets say, it during flight i am flying to point AAA and while playing with SEC FPL I want to insert the point AAA nothing happen. for some reason it creates a tmpy fpl on the primary fpl with no change, just turns yellow with the regular options to insert or erase. but once im not flying to that wpt anymore, it allows.

While selecting STAR always have the option of NO STAR at the end. For Departure, NO SID is missing.

Using the function of Pilot Waypoints dont allow to create waypoints. We can access here the waypoints we created, but these need to be done using the flightplan.

GPU(s)

While connected to GPU, Ext B only avail if Ext A already Avail. While having both, disconnecting EXT A will also disc EXT B.

Sometimes after removing everything, visually the GPU stays connected to the plane during the whole flight. Just visual effect, no impact on anything.

After starting ENGs and during flight, sometimes IDG wording always amber, while IDG is connected and pressure and temps normal.

HYD panel, all guards and buttons work, leading to proper represantation of pressure drop on HYD SD page as well as loss of actuators on F/CTL and Wheel SD pages. Moving the flaps also change the number of the flap setting on the upper ecam but no actual movement of flaps, slats or other f/ctls, either on the ecam or visual on the airplane model. Yet, no ecam caution or warning is triggered and in fact everything works normal will no HYD power at all on ground and during flight.

Similar happen with ADIRUS, turning them off makes PDF and ND data inop, but flight law remains normal and all manage modes remains normal, just invisible.

Air/Bleed panel, Turning Bleed 1 off  makes the representation of both Bleed valves off(BLEED SD page), but in fact only the bleed 1 goes off while bleed 2 remains normal(as expected). Closing bleed valve 2 has no effect on bleed valve representation but is infact turned off. In both cases, opening the X-bleed valve will supply the opposite side pack but will also bring back the data from the precooler just like its bleed was on(when in fact is off).

More practical stuff.

FDs representation on FMA when both FDs are on is normal, 1FD2, but when one of the FDs is off should be replaced with a dash(-) like -FD2 or 1FD-. In case of one FMGS fail, then both FDs will be controlled from same FMGS leading to 1FD1 or 2FD2 on FMA.

When there is a case where managed speed is below manouvering speed, aircraft is flying below manouvering instead of keeping it, while on managed speed. This is not the concept. While using managed speed the aircraft will never fly below manouvering speed(Green dot, S or F) even if there is a speed constraing below that. Only way to make the aircraft to fly below manouvering speed is by using selected speed, which allow us to fly as low as Vls). Typical case of heavy takeoff with speed constraints on departure.

During approach, after selecting Flaps 1, PFD shows 196 as Vfe next instead of 215. In fact, the Vfe for Flaps 2 is 196, but during approach, as we select flaps 1, actual configuration gonna be Slats out, flaps in(Note that config 1 is different from 1+F which is the takeoff config 1) leading to the misleading information on PFD as Vfe next being 215(in respect of 1+F). The pilot need to be careful because, when selecting the next step (flaps 2), will in fact jump the 1+F step directly to Flaps 2.

With ENG failure recognised by FMGS the A/THR range remains from IDLE to CLB instead of MCT. Also, FMS does not take into account the ENG OUT ACC altitude for acceleration.

Relationship between Thrust Levers, EPR/N1. While advancing the Thrust Levers to half way of its travel we reach half EPR scale, +/-70% N1 which is not very accurate. In reality, thrust lever movement is more related with N1 than EPR. So, half way on the thrust lever range should be +/- equivalent to 50% N1 and 1.1EPR (this case RR Eng. Other eng manufactures have other ratios, for instance PW 50% N1 is 1.05EPR). My feeling is that the travel I do with my thrust lever to have 1.1EPR/50%N1 should be +/- 30% N1.

I love the plane and the level of immersion it brings, which I think is the greatest challenge to achieve. The immersion can be sometimes very subjective, but the light/shades, sounds, POV all toguether it really feels the real stuff. Normal operation I think everything is working well and with little fine tunning.

Thank you very much for you patience and attention

Tiago Goncalves

• Deputy Sheriffs

@TGoncalves,

thanks for your Long Feedback. I will answer in detail during weekend. Just now: Some of the mentioned items is known and a lot other is just not target of the product. We only do SOP.  If you do something that is not part of SOP, the plane might react correctly or not. Only the SOP required buttons are correct modeled.

• Deputy Sheriffs

For the autodimming of the ISIS I have now an idea how to implement. It will be very basic (3 dimming states) based on time of day, as there is no option to add a lightprobe with the limited light engine of P3D.

• Deputy Sheriffs
On 2/13/2020 at 9:13 AM, TGoncalves said:

What happens sometimes is, while setting takeoff thrust, the FMA does not engage the SRS mode. Most of times it does, but not always. If I continue takeoff without SRS mode, the A/THR is still armed, engaging as the levers are set to climb, but then selecting speed will not take action. Reseting FDs solves it, so i can either do it at this stage or right at the start of takeoff roll in case of SRS not engaged, is a matter or reseting FDs and everythings fine.

I will test that. I noticed the non activating SRS sometimes myself. Happened often when the Thrustlever was moved slowly to FLX or fortha nd back before setting FLEX.

Crew Supply Oxigen is usually off at this stage,

Will crosscheck with our A32S logic.

During cockpit prep I noticed that rudder trim gets locked on left position by any input of mousewheel.

Reset to zero function uses same logic of setting the trim instead of fixed 3/s.

Will check.

Rudder trim has no effect on nosewheel for taxi(handy tool for taxi with xwind or single engine)

Most likely caused by the bad ground physics of P3D core.

While using THS trim I noticed each click of trim represents a big change on the trim wheel(using joystick), but mouseclick is smooth, small changes per click.

Known. Mousewheel is recommened. Maybe FSUIPC can smooth it.

The database loaded on the FMS is by default the older one. Always need to change to the updated one.

Have you set in the configurator NaviGraph selection?

Exploring the overhead panel, AC ESS FEED springloaded guard is operated by itself as well as by a few other inactive guards such as L and R INR TK split, PRIM2+3, SEC2 and EVAC Command. PRIM1 and SEC 1 no effect.

Overhead ENG panel, both MAN start and N1 mode not working, so i'll wait for future updates to play with it.

Cabin pressure panel not working, but I noticed the CPCs work and changeover, so I guess this panel is about to go live.

Non SOP and very low priority.

Bulk Temp control is working correctly with mousewheel, but inverted with mouse clicks.

Minor issue, will note it.

ADR and IR pushbuttons not work, but rotary switches work great.

ENG and APU fire guard pushbuttons not working.

EFIS control panel, ENG option of ND selector not selectable. 

Pedestal, Ecam and EFIS Switching panels not working yet. Toys for later.

Non SOP.

ECAM control panel, all buttons are clickable but ALL not cycling, CLR does not clear ecam messages, STS always shows normal and RCL has no effect.

ECAM system is very basic modeled, as we don't simulate failures. ALL should work. Keep mouse button pressed.

Instinctive disconnection pushbuttons not working(sidesticks and thrust levers)

Correct, just use "z" key on keyboard.

More will follow tomorrow.

• Deputy Sheriffs

While setting up FMS, perf climb page Derate climb thrust not avail.

Derate is not modeled.

SEC FPL, does not allow to insert a point with the same name of the TO WPT of active FPL. Lets say, it during flight i am flying to point AAA and while playing with SEC FPL I want to insert the point AAA nothing happen. for some reason it creates a tmpy fpl on the primary fpl with no change, just turns yellow with the regular options to insert or erase. but once im not flying to that wpt anymore, it allows.

Will forward to dev.

While selecting STAR always have the option of NO STAR at the end. For Departure, NO SID is missing.

Known.

Using the function of Pilot Waypoints dont allow to create waypoints. We can access here the waypoints we created, but these need to be done using the flightplan.

Will forward to dev.

While connected to GPU, Ext B only avail if Ext A already Avail. While having both, disconnecting EXT A will also disc EXT B.

Sometimes after removing everything, visually the GPU stays connected to the plane during the whole flight. Just visual effect, no impact on anything.

Will forward to dev.

After starting ENGs and during flight, sometimes IDG wording always amber, while IDG is connected and pressure and temps normal.

Known

HYD panel, all guards and buttons work, leading to proper represantation of pressure drop on HYD SD page as well as loss of actuators on F/CTL and Wheel SD pages. Moving the flaps also change the number of the flap setting on the upper ecam but no actual movement of flaps, slats or other f/ctls, either on the ecam or visual on the airplane model. Yet, no ecam caution or warning is triggered and in fact everything works normal will no HYD power at all on ground and during flight.

Similar happen with ADIRUS, turning them off makes PDF and ND data inop, but flight law remains normal and all manage modes remains normal, just invisible.

Air/Bleed panel, Turning Bleed 1 off  makes the representation of both Bleed valves off(BLEED SD page), but in fact only the bleed 1 goes off while bleed 2 remains normal(as expected). Closing bleed valve 2 has no effect on bleed valve representation but is infact turned off. In both cases, opening the X-bleed valve will supply the opposite side pack but will also bring back the data from the precooler just like its bleed was on(when in fact is off).

Non SOP.

FDs representation on FMA when both FDs are on is normal, 1FD2, but when one of the FDs is off should be replaced with a dash(-) like -FD2 or 1FD-. In case of one FMGS fail, then both FDs will be controlled from same FMGS leading to 1FD1 or 2FD2 on FMA.

Already fixed, but most likely not in next update.

When there is a case where managed speed is below manouvering speed, aircraft is flying below manouvering instead of keeping it, while on managed speed. This is not the concept. While using managed speed the aircraft will never fly below manouvering speed(Green dot, S or F) even if there is a speed constraing below that. Only way to make the aircraft to fly below manouvering speed is by using selected speed, which allow us to fly as low as Vls). Typical case of heavy takeoff with speed constraints on departure.

Known.

During approach, after selecting Flaps 1, PFD shows 196 as Vfe next instead of 215. In fact, the Vfe for Flaps 2 is 196, but during approach, as we select flaps 1, actual configuration gonna be Slats out, flaps in(Note that config 1 is different from 1+F which is the takeoff config 1) leading to the misleading information on PFD as Vfe next being 215(in respect of 1+F). The pilot need to be careful because, when selecting the next step (flaps 2), will in fact jump the 1+F step directly to Flaps 2.

Will forward to dev.

With ENG failure recognised by FMGS the A/THR range remains from IDLE to CLB instead of MCT. Also, FMS does not take into account the ENG OUT ACC altitude for acceleration.

Non SOP.

Relationship between Thrust Levers, EPR/N1. While advancing the Thrust Levers to half way of its travel we reach half EPR scale, +/-70% N1 which is not very accurate. In reality, thrust lever movement is more related with N1 than EPR. So, half way on the thrust lever range should be +/- equivalent to 50% N1 and 1.1EPR (this case RR Eng. Other eng manufactures have other ratios, for instance PW 50% N1 is 1.05EPR). My feeling is that the travel I do with my thrust lever to have 1.1EPR/50%N1 should be +/- 30% N1.

WIll forward to dev.

Hello! Let me start by trully thank you for all the hard work, time and info.

So, Normal SOPs... for now :)

Taking that into account and after some more flights I found the following;

- Regarding the ECAM control panel pushbutton ALL, has 2 ways of work. Press and hold or just press. Press and hold will cycle all pages with 3s each, but just pressing and releasing will do the same, but at the pace you press. The press and hold is indeed working but with a slight bug. With no page selected, pressing it will start cycling WHEEL, F/CTL, FUEL (the last 3) while it lights ENG, BLEED, PRESS (the first 3) and then it starts from ENG and sequence is good. If we already have a preselected page, then it will just continue from there. On ground always works well. In flight sometimes it works, but other times shows the SD page of EMER CANC and the others shows blank(black sd page).

- CVR test pushbutton works even when CVR is off(with ENGs off, CVR is on by pushing it on(ON blue) and CVR test ok. But with it off also shows ok sign, when in fact is off and test should give no sign at all(except ofc, after one ENG on the blue light goes off but CVR is ON at that stage)

- RMP Freq is spaced by 25kHz instead of 8.33kHz. Also, when reaching the end of either high or low end of MHz range (118 or 136) continuing cycling down of 118 or higher of 136 will start from the other end. In reality, this works for the kHz range, but not for MHz. For MHz you really need to come all the way down from 136 to 118 and vice-versa.(At least the buses i flew/fly were and are like that. Not sure if in reality is a matter of client option and other operators having that option)

- ACP could have the option to toggle on/off the CAB and PA, so we could either listen whats going on in the cabin or not.

- ISIS range either hpa or inhg which is great, depending on the setting from EFIS baro set, but in fact the ISIS always range inhg.

- FMS if we only have the From/To pair and no alternate, after filling up the flight plan with expected arrival runway, adding an alternate afterwards will automatically assume that arrival runway as departure runway for alternate flightplan.

- Permanent data field(lower part of lower ecam) GW is adjusting while boarding pax, cargo and fuel. This field is fixed on cockpit prep stage, taking into account the ZFW and Block figures from INIT B page, even if fuel and any loading isnt done yet. After start engines this figure is adjusted taking into account the fuel used. Meanwhile, the GWCG also is adjusting while loading happens, when if fact it takes into account the ZFWCG + actual fuel distribution(this figure is being adjusted "live" as fuel uplift happens and always shows the actual GWCG because he(FCMC Fuel control and monitoring computer) knows even better than loadsheet the real fuel distribution and takes that into account for the GWCG computation (using  the ZFWCG inserted by the pilot who, without any option, need to trust on the loadsheet figures for this matter).

Permanet data field also misses the G load data when above 1.4 or below 0.7

- Little detail, cockpit handset usualy is checked serviceble for the flight, would be nice kind of a similar check like the Oxigen mask)

- DOOR SD page always show the L3/R3 doors closed and armed. As this doors arent overwing exit, are in fact Type 1 door, would be nice if they could work just like the other door and I can suggest on MCDU 3 the FWD/AFT LEFT/RIGHT be replaced with L/R 1-4

- ENG SD page NACelle temps always 0

- ENG EGTs I had the feeling after eng off the egt dropped a little bit too quick, havent got the chance to see on the next eng start how fadec handles the eng start(it should auto crank before giving ign and fuel as it waits for egt to drop bellow 100)

- Prog page changing the required navigation accuracy only accepts inputs in the format X.X. a single whole digit is not accepted. Playing with it dropped the acc to LOW when in fact was always HIGH, and then it took some time to get HIGH back(cant recall the details). Also, changing it triggered the L/DEV to be displayed on PFD(replacement of LOC of NON-ILS approaches)

- GPS monitor only shows the position coordinates. No GS, GPS ALT or TRK

- Loved the cabin crew bringing the drinks and checking wx on the phone - phone should be in Airplane mode ahahah :)

- Fuel system - the AFT transfer passing FL255 not working to optimize the CG and fuel efficiency. Outer tank transfer works but too slow, should be much faster. When it happens it should also pop a ECAM MEMO "OUTR  TK XFR" while transfer is happening. At the end, the proper memo is displayed.

Fuel temps always shows even when there is no fuel in tanks(if less than 1000 trim/1100 outer, fuel temp disappears)

- ATC/transpoder the clr button is not clearing. It seems setting auto mode will trigger mode C on ground. Can it be connected with WOW logic?

- Inserting PBD points in the FMS is not working if using runway thresholds as the point (example, VHHH07R/074/8) dont work.

- ILS words in magenta shows on PFD with LS on. It should flash ILS if FMS has a ils approach and LS is not on, but once is ON the ILS indication disappears.

- Can we have brake fan?

- After landing, setting the PWS off will trigger ecam caution.

I would also suggest either no ecam cautions/warnings, or make ecam control panel CLR button work, as sometimes we may have a message that we wanna clear but we cant.

Are you considering implementing normal supplementary procedures? I think that those ones would trully maximise the engagement with CFD. Imagine doing anti icing, or manual start, or start with external pneumatic power... would be lovely!

If you reach this far, thank you so much for your patience and attention.

Best regards and happy flights!

• Deputy Sheriffs
2 hours ago, TGoncalves said:

- Regarding the ECAM control panel pushbutton ALL, has 2 ways of work. Press and hold or just press. Press and hold will cycle all pages with 3s each, but just pressing and releasing will do the same, but at the pace you press. The press and hold is indeed working but with a slight bug. With no page selected, pressing it will start cycling WHEEL, F/CTL, FUEL (the last 3) while it lights ENG, BLEED, PRESS (the first 3) and then it starts from ENG and sequence is good. If we already have a preselected page, then it will just continue from there. On ground always works well. In flight sometimes it works, but other times shows the SD page of EMER CANC and the others shows blank(black sd page).

Will forward to dev.

- CVR test pushbutton works even when CVR is off(with ENGs off, CVR is on by pushing it on(ON blue) and CVR test ok. But with it off also shows ok sign, when in fact is off and test should give no sign at all(except ofc, after one ENG on the blue light goes off but CVR is ON at that stage)

- Will forward to de.

- RMP Freq is spaced by 25kHz instead of 8.33kHz. Also, when reaching the end of either high or low end of MHz range (118 or 136) continuing cycling down of 118 or higher of 136 will start from the other end. In reality, this works for the kHz range, but not for MHz. For MHz you really need to come all the way down from 136 to 118 and vice-versa.(At least the buses i flew/fly were and are like that. Not sure if in reality is a matter of client option and other operators having that option)

Spacing is limitation of P3D. The other I will forward to dev.

- ACP could have the option to toggle on/off the CAB and PA, so we could either listen whats going on in the cabin or not.

Will forward to dev.

- ISIS range either hpa or inhg which is great, depending on the setting from EFIS baro set, but in fact the ISIS always range inhg

Depends on airlien and manuafaturer if ISIS.

- FMS if we only have the From/To pair and no alternate, after filling up the flight plan with expected arrival runway, adding an alternate afterwards will automatically assume that arrival runway as departure runway for alternate flightplan.

Will forward to dev.

- Little detail, cockpit handset usualy is checked serviceble for the flight, would be nice kind of a similar check like the Oxigen mask)

Will add to tracking system.

- DOOR SD page always show the L3/R3 doors closed and armed. As this doors arent overwing exit, are in fact Type 1 door, would be nice if they could work just like the other door and I can suggest on MCDU 3 the FWD/AFT LEFT/RIGHT be replaced with L/R 1-4

- ENG SD page NACelle temps always 0

- ENG EGTs I had the feeling after eng off the egt dropped a little bit too quick, havent got the chance to see on the next eng start how fadec handles the eng start(it should auto crank before giving ign and fuel as it waits for egt to drop bellow 100)

- Prog page changing the required navigation accuracy only accepts inputs in the format X.X. a single whole digit is not accepted.

- GPS monitor only shows the position coordinates. No GS, GPS ALT or TRK

Known.

More tomorrow

Will forward to dev.

- Will forward to de.

Spacing is limitation of P3D. The other I will forward to dev.

Will forward to dev.

Depends on airlien and manuafaturer if ISIS.

Will forward to dev.

Known.

More tomorrow

I hope that me and @TGoncalves don't make it to difficult to develop things. :D

In all seriousness, great product and great contact between the devs and the costumers.

Just did another run to check the fuel system and this time the trim tank transfer worked well, both aft and fwd. Idk why it didnt work last time, my apologies. But the transfer rate, both ways with trim tank and outer tank, is very slow. Rate should be much faster, my rough guess, double.

I had no idea the 25kHz spacing was limitation of P3D :o

@becas eheh true. Airplane is very sweet to fly, is actually pretty good. All this are mostly picky stuff.

Thank you for everything @masterhawk and @DaveCT2003

Wish you all a great week ahead!

• Deputy Sheriffs
On 2/16/2020 at 5:44 PM, TGoncalves said:

Fuel temps always shows even when there is no fuel in tanks(if less than 1000 trim/1100 outer, fuel temp disappears)

Will forward to dev.

ATC/transpoder the clr button is not clearing. It seems setting auto mode will trigger mode C on ground. Can it be connected with WOW logic?

Known and will forward.

- Inserting PBD points in the FMS is not working if using runway thresholds as the point (example, VHHH07R/074/8) dont work.

Will forward to dev.

ILS words in magenta shows on PFD with LS on. It should flash ILS if FMS has a ils approach and LS is not on, but once is ON the ILS indication disappears.

Is that in general not possible in the A330 or just a thing of newer EIS2 version?

I had taken that from the A32S FCOM.

- Can we have brake fan?

Mist likely not, will forward.

- After landing, setting the PWS off will trigger ecam caution

Will forward.

I would also suggest either no ecam cautions/warnings, or make ecam control panel CLR button work, as sometimes we may have a message that we wanna clear but we cant.

Will forward.

Are you considering implementing normal supplementary procedures? I think that those ones would trully maximise the engagement with CFD. Imagine doing anti icing, or manual start, or start with external pneumatic power... would be lovely!

AntiIce already added to bugtracking. Others unlikely. Will check again.

Is that in general not possible in the A330 or just a thing of newer EIS2 version?

I had taken that from the A32S FCOM.

On the A330 it flashes ILS next to the LOC deviation scale. But when you turn on LS p/b, it does not show nothing. Currently it is showing ILS in magenta. I checked from A330Neos to old Ceos and they were all like this.

• Deputy Sheriffs
1 hour ago, becas said:

On the A330 it flashes ILS next to the LOC deviation scale. But when you turn on LS p/b, it does not show nothing. Currently it is showing ILS in magenta. I checked from A330Neos to old Ceos and they were all like this.

Thanks, assuming A330neo has the latest EIS2 version, that’s another difference of the A32S vs. A330. Will change it for the A330.

Dear @masterhawk,

Regarding

"

- After landing, setting the PWS off will trigger ecam caution

Will forward."

I did a few more flights and all I got was the amber ecam memo which is normal. Haven't got anymore ecam actions. Maybe was a one off or maybe I miss interpreted that first time.

Thank you

• 6 months later...
On 2/11/2020 at 1:40 AM, DaveCT2003 said:

"He"?  You must be Russian my friend!  (The Western world usually refers to ships/aircraft as "She".

I'm from Portugal (on the "Western world") and we refer it as a male "o avião" (sort of "the airplane") more commonly than "a aeronave" ("the aircraft") which is, indeed, a female term, so we can use both genders depending on what term we use, but it's more commonly used as a male term. Spanish (also Western world) also uses "el avión" more frequently than "la aeronave" and I might be wrong, but I think this is common to all latin languages.

Sorry for digging this up with some kind of off-topic, but teaching and learning is always something good.

Archived