checklist popup

chumley

I have the Twin Otter loaded spanning three screens in p3d v4.

When I press Shift+2 the checklist pop-up displays but is distorted. 

I have tried to edit the window data in the Panel.cfg and have been able alter the position of the window and it window_size but cannot extend the depth of the display to get a reasonable size ratio.

I have done this before to other aircraft when using widescreen settings but cannot get the desired effect on this occasion.

I know I can have the pop-up load in a distorted way and stretch the vertical aspect and I can save it as a loadable scenario but I would prefer to be able to simply use the Shift+2 option from a re-configured config file.

Any help would be appreciated.

On 2/10/2020 at 3:48 AM, chumley said:

I have tried to edit the window data in the Panel.cfg and have been able alter the position of the window and it window_size but cannot extend the depth of the display to get a reasonable size ratio.

I haven't done this with the checklist but you need to know how the 'window_size' and 'window_pos' values work. This is explained in the SDK, but here are some instructions for a hypothetical gauge installed as Window03 in panel.cfg. You will need to adapt the specifics for your requirements and for the actual size of the checklist gauge. (If these numbers seem arbitrary, they are from instructions I made for installing the HUDCA gauge on my old FSX setup!)

I have calculated my sizes assuming the pixel size of my gauge is 768 x 480. You need to express these dimensions as a proportion of the screen width and height. My screen dimensions (in pixels) are 4066 x 1024, so I calculate the values I need like this:

Width = 768 / 4066 = 0.189
Height = 480 / 1024 = 0.469

Then the position, also expressed as a proportion of screen dimensions:

x = ((4066 - 768) / 2) / 4066 = 0.406
y = 0.125

This centres the gauge horizontally and puts it 1/8 (y=0.125) of the way down from the top of the screen. Now you need to use these calculated values in the Window03 definition:

window_size = 0.189, 0.469
window_pos = 0.406, 0.125

If you have a regular 1080p display (1920 x 1080) or any other screen size you can substitute your own values for width and height in place of my dimensions (4066 x 1024). For the 1080p display, the values come out as:

window_size = 0.4, 0.44
window_pos = 0.3, 0.125

Perhaps this will help.

• 2 months later...
  • Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

• Herman locked this topic

Archived