4k video resolution

Joe Martins

I'd like to use a large screen TV set as monitor for flying the A320.

If i buy a suitable 4k graphics card and use it connected to a 4k 55" TV set, will Aerosoft A320 on FSX Steam Edition be able to supply 3840×2160 video out?   I mean, real 4k video, not HD upscaled to 4k.  Thanks for any typ in advance !

Hello,

4k resolution requires an expensive graphic card.
Then there is also how many frames you think you want to achieve per second. with a GTX 1060 6GB at a resolution of 3840 x 2160 in X-Plane 11, you can be happy that you can achieve 30 FPS.
But read this article,
https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/522965-fsx-on-4k-tv/ maybe you will get a little further.

Hello matchvisser.   I've read that article, thank you!  Some guys have reported they got a "better" image using a 4k TV.

However my question focuses more on the image source...  In other words:
- Does anyone know whether the Aerosoft A320 software is able to deliver a 4k compatible quality image?  

It wouldn't worth buying an expensive cpu and a fantastic 3840×2160 graphics card if the A320 software will deliver just an HD quality (1920x1080) image.  I could not find this information on the A320 spec. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Developer

4K doesn't require an expensive graphics card. I've used a GTX 1070 with two 4K monitors (se 7680x2160) for years and framerate was OK all the time.

FSX fully supports 4K and so do all add-ons that run directly in FSX like aircraft and scenery.

Archived