Fuel loading

Jov

I discovered a problem with loading fuel. As others have reported, if you load fuel using GSX, the amount loaded is
not corresponding to the fuel planner.

I have disabled GSX and I am loading fuel with the "instant" option in MCDU3.

The result is, that "fuel" keeps blinking as if the loading was not completed and in
most cases, the amount fuel loaded does not correspond with the amonut specified in the
fuelplanner and/or the MCDU3 "load fuel" page.

In this example, the fuel loaded is 32.870 kgs, while the amount set in the fuelplanner was 30.000 kgs

Please login to display this image.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Have you updated GSX to its most recent version? And which exact version of the A330 are you using. Use the ASUpdater to check this.

yes, I run every update that GSX offers. If you look at my post, I have stated, that I disabled GSX, however, so GSX should not be a factor.

Other posts show, that fuel loading is a prob, and that disabling GSX could be a solution. I am showing,though, it is not.

And my version of a330 is 1.0.0.7, up to date, I think, Mr. Mopperle.

I am trying to help with your product and I am trying to report reproducable errors, so you can improve the sim.

It is not nice to be treated like a dummy. Read what I posted.

• Deputy Sheriffs
10 hours ago, Jov said:

It is not nice to be treated like a dummy. Read what I posted.

I'm not treating you like a dummy, a simply asked questions important for us to help users. And I read your post very well, but it did not answer any of my 2 questions.

But if you know better, I'm out here.

vor 1 hour , mopperle sagte:

I'm not treating you like a dummy, a simply asked questions important for us to help users. And I read your post very well, but it did not answer any of my 2 questions.

But if you know better, I'm out here.

I did answer your questions.

GSX is up to date and the version of  the A330 is, as I wrote above already 1.0.0.7. That is what my system shows
and ASUpdater has no update for me. So I think it should be up to date.

vor 54 Minuten, masterhawk sagte:

Currently I‘m not sure if you run the latest 330.

The fuelplaner should look different, if you manually adjust the fuel.

Hmm, as I stated above, I am running A330 1.0.0.7
not update is offered in the updater.

how can I update the fuelplanner?

In other posts there are references to problems with fuel loading.

It was suggested, that disabling GSX would solve the problems, so I tried that,

in my case it did not solve the problem, it persists.

• Deputy Sheriffs

How do you get the values from the fuelplanner into the MCDU3? Are vou using "Generate Loadsheet" and in the MCDU3 "INIT LOADSHEET" or did you manually enter the fuel amount into MCDU3? Second did you load the fuel into the plane using LSK3R or "INSTANT LOAD"? If you use GSX to load the fuel into the plane then the value entered in MCDU3 LSK3L is used......

4 hours ago, Jov said:

GSX is up to date and the version of  the A330 is, as I wrote above already 1.0.0.7. That is what my system shows
and ASUpdater has no update for me. So I think it should be up to date.

If you ran the ASUpdater  with first disabling your computer security and/or you did not run the ASUpdater as Administrator then the ASUpdater may well show that you have version 1.0.0.7 installed, but in reality not all of the files would have been updated including files for the Fuel Planner.

vor 19 Stunden , DaveCT2003 sagte:

If you ran the ASUpdater  with first disabling your computer security and/or you did not run the ASUpdater as Administrator then the ASUpdater may well show that you have version 1.0.0.7 installed, but in reality not all of the files would have been updated including files for the Fuel Planner.

Did you mean: "if you ran the ASUpdater without..."  ?

So what do I do now? uninstall and reinstall or just rund the ASU again?

vor 23 Stunden , Hanse sagte:

How do you get the values from the fuelplanner into the MCDU3? Are vou using "Generate Loadsheet" and in the MCDU3 "INIT LOADSHEET" or did you manually enter the fuel amount into MCDU3? Second did you load the fuel into the plane using LSK3R or "INSTANT LOAD"? If you use GSX to load the fuel into the plane then the value entered in MCDU3 LSK3L is used......

I "Generate Loadsheet" and then "initialize the loadsheet in MDCU3.

Then I used "instant load" because loading fuel with GSX costs time, that I don't want to spend always. I thought that is why the option "Load Instand" exists.
But I probably did not understand that rightly.

vor 19 Stunden , DaveCT2003 sagte:

I "Generate Loadsheet" and then "initialize the loadsheet in MDCU3.

Then I used "instant load" because loading fuel with GSX costs time, that I don't want to spend always. I thought that is why the option "Load Instand" exists.
But I probably did not understand that rightly.

3 hours ago, Jov said:

Did you mean: "if you ran the ASUpdater without..."  ?

I did.

3 hours ago, Jov said:

So what do I do now? uninstall and reinstall or just rund the ASU again?

I don't know.  Did you fail to disable your computer security and/or fail to run the installer and/or ASUpdater as Administrator?  If so, then I recommend you uninstall and reinstall, as you likely have a hodge-podge of different file versions installed.  Below is a link to a step by step uninstall and reinstall procedure.

So long as you uninstall, reinstall and update correctly, and your GSX is updated, everything should work including Instant Load. By the way, GSX does have settings that can speed up the loading / fueling.  If I recall correctly, this is covered in the GSX documentation and also in the FSDT forums (a Google search should find).  That said, I usually use Instant Load and it works fine for me.

Best wishes.

vor 3 Stunden , DaveCT2003 sagte:

I did.

I don't know.  Did you fail to disable your computer security and/or fail to run the installer and/or ASUpdater as Administrator?  If so, then I recommend you uninstall and reinstall, as you likely have a hodge-podge of different file versions installed.  Below is a link to a step by step uninstall and reinstall procedure.

So long as you uninstall, reinstall and update correctly, and your GSX is updated, everything should work including Instant Load. By the way, GSX does have settings that can speed up the loading / fueling.  If I recall correctly, this is covered in the GSX documentation and also in the FSDT forums (a Google search should find).  That said, I usually use Instant Load and it works fine for me.

Best wishes.

Thank you Dave,

did as told. unfortunately, the load Instant option still produces a difference in fuel loaded from the fuel planner.

What now?

And I have discovered, that since the fuel load produces an incorrect trim setting, (I do trim manually)
the plane is always very hard at takeoff, meaning that you have to really pull the stick to get the nose up.

I'm currently using/testing to upcoming update... I don't remember this being an issue with version 1.0.0.7, but I suppose there may have been.  Regardless, the update should be out very soon (I can't give you a date, but we'll post it's release here in the forums and on our Discord Server).

In the Fuel Planner... think of the Trim as something you set after setting the fuel and then adjusting the CG. 

Really the only/best way to do fuel planning is to use the aircraft profile/template we created for Simbrief/PFPX, and use those tools to calculate your fuel, select Advanced Mode in the Fuel Planner, set PAX and CARGO, then enter the calculated block fuel in the lower right "TOTAL" section of the Fuel Planner, adjust your CG for the Takeoff Trim you want, and select Generate Load Sheet.  Leave all other areas of the Fuel Planner empty.

Best wishes!

On 11.2.2020 at 03:00, DaveCT2003 sagte:

I'm currently using/testing to upcoming update... I don't remember this being an issue with version 1.0.0.7, but I suppose there may have been.  Regardless, the update should be out very soon (I can't give you a date, but we'll post it's release here in the forums and on our Discord Server).

In the Fuel Planner... think of the Trim as something you set after setting the fuel and then adjusting the CG. 

Really the only/best way to do fuel planning is to use the aircraft profile/template we created for Simbrief/PFPX, and use those tools to calculate your fuel, select Advanced Mode in the Fuel Planner, set PAX and CARGO, then enter the calculated block fuel in the lower right "TOTAL" section of the Fuel Planner, adjust your CG for the Takeoff Trim you want, and select Generate Load Sheet.  Leave all other areas of the Fuel Planner empty.

Best wishes!

Thank you, Dave,

forgive my ignorance, where or how do I find the Simbrief template, pls? So far I unse simbrief and use fuelfactor M07 as Mathjis suggested in
some post dealing with fuel planning.

3 hours ago, Jov said:

Thank you, Dave,

forgive my ignorance, where or how do I find the Simbrief template, pls? So far I unse simbrief and use fuelfactor M07 as Mathjis suggested in
some post dealing with fuel planning.

No worries my friend.  Below is a direct link for you. Please let me know if you have further questions. If you have questions about the information in the link below please post there, otherwise other questions about Fuel Loading here in this thread.

By the way, you should give some serious consideration to joining our Aerosoft Flight Sim Community which is based on Discord. I'm very sure you'd love it, and I'm often online there.  You can find more information about the Aerosoft Flight Sim Community HERE.

Best wishes for Happy Flights!

vor 3 Stunden , DaveCT2003 sagte:

No worries my friend.  Below is a direct link for you. Please let me know if you have further questions. If you have questions about the information in the link below please post there, otherwise other questions about Fuel Loading here in this thread.

By the way, you should give some serious consideration to joining our Aerosoft Flight Sim Community which is based on Discord. I'm very sure you'd love it, and I'm often online there.  You can find more information about the Aerosoft Flight Sim Community HERE.

Best wishes for Happy Flights!

Thanks, Dave,

what about the fuel factor M07, that was mentioned by Mathjis?

I looked at the couumuity, looks interesting. However, I tried to access the membership application and failed,

it is not there, there is only an error message.

Happy flights

1 hour ago, Jov said:

Thanks, Dave,

what about the fuel factor M07, that was mentioned by Mathjis?

I looked at the couumuity, looks interesting. However, I tried to access the membership application and failed,

it is not there, there is only an error message.

Happy flights

I believe Mathijs recommended you use a Fuel Factor either because he didn't know I had created a Simbrief Aircraft Profile for the A330, or he made the recommendation to use a Fuel Factor before I had created the aircraft profile.  We were also tweaking the Airbus code for fuel planning and aircraft fuel performance (fuel burn) and that may have been why he recommended using a Fuel Factor in the Simbrief Fuel Calculation.

If you're not aware, the Fuel Factor either adds a percentage of additional fuel or it reduced percentage of fuel.  In this respect, a Fuel Factor of "P" is an PLUS or additional percentage of fuel or MINUS ore reduced percentage.  See the example below:

Fuel 10,000kg (does not include taxi fuel)

Fuel Factor of P10 = +1000kg for a total fuel of 11,000kg.

Fuel Factor of M10=  -1000kg for a total fuel of 9000kg

With the Aircraft Profile I created for Simbrief and PFPX a Fuel Factor should not be necessary so long as you use the Aircraft Profile I provided AND your weather engine has the same or similar wind, temp and ISA data as Simbrief.  I use ActiveSky for a weather engine and I've never noticed a discrepancy for weather data, but the fact that there could be would be justification for using a PLUS Fuel Factor when calculating  your Block Fuel.  P10 is a good value to use for the potential of changes or differences. Changes in wind data are more likely when you are flying in and out of coastal regions  or should your flight plan take you through weather fronts, the jet stream, and significant weather changes.

Regarding the community application, I just tested it and it's working just fine for me.  At the moment it's a PDF file that you download, fill out and then email.  We hope to have this form online at some point in the future.

Best wishes!

vor 15 Stunden , DaveCT2003 sagte:

I believe Mathijs recommended you use a Fuel Factor either because he didn't know I had created a Simbrief Aircraft Profile for the A330, or he made the recommendation to use a Fuel Factor before I had created the aircraft profile.  We were also tweaking the Airbus code for fuel planning and aircraft fuel performance (fuel burn) and that may have been why he recommended using a Fuel Factor in the Simbrief Fuel Calculation.

If you're not aware, the Fuel Factor either adds a percentage of additional fuel or it reduced percentage of fuel.  In this respect, a Fuel Factor of "P" is an PLUS or additional percentage of fuel or MINUS ore reduced percentage.  See the example below:

Fuel 10,000kg (does not include taxi fuel)

Fuel Factor of P10 = +1000kg for a total fuel of 11,000kg.

Fuel Factor of M10=  -1000kg for a total fuel of 9000kg

With the Aircraft Profile I created for Simbrief and PFPX a Fuel Factor should not be necessary so long as you use the Aircraft Profile I provided AND your weather engine has the same or similar wind, temp and ISA data as Simbrief.  I use ActiveSky for a weather engine and I've never noticed a discrepancy for weather data, but the fact that there could be would be justification for using a PLUS Fuel Factor when calculating  your Block Fuel.  P10 is a good value to use for the potential of changes or differences. Changes in wind data are more likely when you are flying in and out of coastal regions  or should your flight plan take you through weather fronts, the jet stream, and significant weather changes.

Regarding the community application, I just tested it and it's working just fine for me.  At the moment it's a PDF file that you download, fill out and then email.  We hope to have this form online at some point in the future.

Best wishes!

Hi Dave, Thanks for the elaborate explanation.

I also use AS and it works fine.

I already downloaded your template an will use it gladly.

As for the PdF, see for yourself, what happens to me.

There is an error code that might help you determine the cause.

Best!

I was just planning a flight EDDM-KSFO with the A330. I used your template, Dave and came up with more fuel than the fuelplanner.

But that really is besides the point.
I put the values in the fuelplanner and created a loadsheet, that looked ok.

However, when I "loaded instantly" the MCDU3 came up with a TO Weight that

was higher than expected and exceeded legal limits.

Here are the facts:

3 hours ago, Jov said:

I was just planning a flight EDDM-KSFO with the A330. I used your template, Dave and came up with more fuel than the fuelplanner.

But that really is besides the point.
I put the values in the fuelplanner and created a loadsheet, that looked ok.

However, when I "loaded instantly" the MCDU3 came up with a TO Weight that

was higher than expected and exceeded legal limits.

Here are the facts:

Please also show the Simbrief page where it shows the values you entered.

4 hours ago, Jov said:

As for the PdF, see for yourself, what happens to me.

There is an error code that might help you determine the cause.

Best!

Well, it works for me and others, I have no idea why it's not working for you.  There is also a copy of the application on the Discord Server.

vor 32 Minuten, DaveCT2003 sagte:

Please also show the Simbrief page where it shows the values you entered.

Well, it works for me and others, I have no idea why it's not working for you.  There is also a copy of the application on the Discord Server.

here it is

9 minutes ago, Jov said:

here it is

So,  you really need to fill out and match all the Simbrief fields to those in the fuel planner in order to properly calculate the fuel and for things to match up.  Also, don't forget to enter the ZFW in Simbrief.  I did a flight yesterday and the weights were very close to being spot on.  Anyway, I suspect that's why you had the issue.

Another question on the fuel loading. Is it possible to change the fuel inflight as with other a/c (FSLabs or PMDG)? My load instant function is grey as soon as the PB is released or I´m inflight. The possibility would be very useful in case of fscrashes etc, when repositioning onto the previous position. Also I had several times the error, that suddenly the FOB increased by 10t inflight, so this feature would make it easy to correct the error.

• Deputy Sheriffs
10 minutes ago, Captainpjc said:

Another question on the fuel loading. Is it possible to change the fuel inflight as with other a/c (FSLabs or PMDG)? My load instant function is grey as soon as the PB is released or I´m inflight. The possibility would be very useful in case of fscrashes etc, when repositioning onto the previous position. Also I had several times the error, that suddenly the FOB increased by 10t inflight, so this feature would make it easy to correct the error.

Simple answer; No and will not be changed.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hello Jov,

Does the ZFW on the Fuel Planner match with the Zero Fuel Weight on Simbrief generated OFP? Coudl you perhaps post the whole flight plan pdf so that I can check this.

The higher TOW than expected is because Fuel Planner does not update the Take-off weight after entering the fuel manually. This will be however fixed on the next update.

Archived