pitch trim A 330

Jov

The fuel planner comes up with a necessary pitch trim setting. I've done several flight now and noticed the following:

I did the fuel calculation with simbrief and entered the fuelweight in the fuel planner.

In some cases e.g. fuel 36.000 kgs, 300 pax, no addtl. cargo the trim setting is calculated as 0.0.
If, during working the checklist I trim the plane accordingly, I do not get a "set" message from the pilot.

Thus I usually override that item.

Today during takeoff I got a red alert, that the trim setting was outside the "legal" settings.

Plus there is a quirk that if the after start checklist reaches "Pitch trim" the ECAM shows the wheels page.

one has to click twice on "FCTL" to move to the respective window.

After finalizing the after start checklist, the flood lights for the main panel are set to a rather bright level irrespective
of what I have set them to b4.

hmm. I don't understand. If I enter values in the fuelplanner, the trim changes. So I assumed, forgive me, that it is calculated in accordance to the weight of fuel, pax and cargo.

But that is really semantics. My question pertains to the fact that the value that is transmitted with the loadsheet is not represented as a value in the checklist.

Your answer does not really help me.

And you did not address the other issues.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Sorry I do not see the problem. If you use INIT LOADSHEET in the MCDU3 FUEL AND LOAD MENU then those values are automatically transferred from fuelplanner into the MCDU3. Please check if this works on your system. This trim setting of p.e. UP3.0 is then automatically also used in the MCDU PERF page. Please also check if you there find the same value like in fuelplanner and in MCDU3 FUEL MENU. This trim value then is used by the Checklist

Regards Rolf 

btw within the checklist, the ecam window changes to "wheels" when the PNF says "pitch trim".

And that irrespective of the fact, which window is shown b4.

That is exactly the probem.

The value from the ruelplanner is transferred into the MCDU 3.

But when working the checklist, I have to actually set the trim, i.e. turn the wheel to trim the
plane.
At this step, the value is not recognized by workflow. There is no response, no matter how I set
the trim in my flight, where the trim value is "0".

I hope, you can understand the problem now.

I override this step in the checklist usually, since otherwise I get stuck.

• Deputy Sheriffs

This could be solved on the next update. The A330 should aut9matically trim itself but we identified an issue on this feature that has been fixed since.

ahh, that explains why the trim is always set to up 4.0 and also, that the value is not always
recognized in the checklist.

Thank you!

and the other two issues? should I post them separately?
or do you regard them as insignificant?

• Deputy Sheriffs
vor 5 Stunden , Jov sagte:

btw within the checklist, the ecam window changes to "wheels" when the PNF says "pitch trim".

And that irrespective of the fact, which window is shown b4.

On the F/CTL page the pitch trim value is displayed. If in the CL and ViewFocus the wheel page is displayed then it is a bug. But I know that in version to be updated soon the cprrect page will be displayed.

Regards Rolf 

• Hanse locked this topic

Archived