Aerosoft A3xx Fuel Planner change after update

rowcoach

Good morning,

I ran the update (Aerosoft Updater using experimental updates) yesterday for the A318-321 professional series yesterday. Opened the fuel planner for the A319 this morning. Plan was to try another Hawaii flight - this time from KPDX to PHOG. I tried the same flight yesterday, but had to stop stop it due to time constraints. Anyway, I notice a big change in the fuel calculation for my flight.

Yesterday (before the update) I was able to do the flight with 15,751 kg of fuel, now the planner is showing me that for a distance of 2227 nm, I require 20,567 kg of fuel which is well above the 19,151 kg of fuel capacity of the A319. This is with no passengers or cargo loaded. The TOW %MAC, ZFW %MAC, and Trim all stay at 0.0 no matter what I put the cargo and passenger sliders at. If I look at the 'basic mode', I see a block fuel to enter of 20,567kg, but in the advanced mode, I only need 19,161km, which is still more than I can carry.

Please login to display this image.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

colin

As we've posted numerous times in these forums, the Aerosoft Fuel Planner does not take into account Great Circle Navigation, SIDs, STARs or Oceanic Tracks.

The best (and for me the ONLY) way to calculate fuel is to use Simbrief.  Simbrief calculated fuel levels are indeed far better than our fuel planner, and come up with a takeoff fuel around 14,600 lbs for your flight.  I open the AS Fuel Planner, switch to advanced mode, and enter the fuel amount in the bottom right under Total, enter the PAX and Cargo, adjust the trim as necessary, and then select Generate Loadsheet, ignoring all other entries.

Best wishes!

Good morning Dave,

Thanks for the tip on Simbrief. Did as you suggested, came up with slightly different numbers, but it seemed happier with the result. I think my point was more that since installing the experimental update yesterday, my fuel planner is behaving differently. When I add the block fuel, I'm showing nothing in the centre tank. The biggest change is that I am getting no value for either TOW %MAC or ZFW %MAC. (see picture below). Yesterday I was getting both of these as well a trim setting. When programing the MCDU, on the INIT page it does ask for the ZFW, ZFW %MAC, and the block fuel. Has that changed in the update?

There are also different fuel values (wing tanks) between the Advanced Mode and Simple Mode.

Just did an uninstall and re-install of the Airbus Professional package. Haven't done any updates yet, but here is the fuel planner for the same flight.

We've made changes to the Fuel Planner and associate files in each update.  The update coming out soon will have yet another update which should sort out issues with all 8 aircraft in the Airbus Professional Series, but for the most part the only major issue with the 1.0.0.7 version is I believe the A320 only.

But the changes should be normal as we adjust the various data for the aircraft.

Best wishes!

Hey Dave, 

Thank you for your patience today. I uninstalled and reinstalled again. Seems I had an older version. I downloaded the newest version from my Aerosoft account. I haven’t tried the experimental version yet, but things look promising so far. 

Cheers,

colin

4 minutes ago, rowcoach said:

Hey Dave, 

Thank you for your patience today. I uninstalled and reinstalled again. Seems I had an older version. I downloaded the newest version from my Aerosoft account. I haven’t tried the experimental version yet, but things look promising so far. 

Cheers,

colin

Excellent my friend!

By the way, you've been great to work with, no patience needed, and for that I thank you!

I'm pretty sure our upcoming update will solidify the fuel planner data, but do let us know if you have any other problems or questions.

Best wishes!

Archived