Updating F-14X - AS Updater

Dimus

I recently found out that the F-14X for P3D has an update that provides compatibility with the SWS carriers. I checked my account but the latest version is from 2018. I read about the AS Updater utility. The F-14 installer does not install it. I tried rerunning it with AV off and it certainly did not install any AS Updater. I found the AS Updater files here on the forum and extracted them in  ...\Documents\Aerosoft\ASUpdater folder. I also created a subfolder called "Products" in there. Running the updater I get the message that no products are installed. Apparently the needed xml file does not exist.

I would appreciate our assistance. I can provide order No, serial etc. if needed.

1 hour ago, Dimus said:

I recently found out that the F-14X for P3D has an update that provides compatibility with the SWS carriers. I checked my account but the latest version is from 2018. I read about the AS Updater utility. The F-14 installer does not install it. I tried rerunning it with AV off and it certainly did not install any AS Updater. I found the AS Updater files here on the forum and extracted them in  ...\Documents\Aerosoft\ASUpdater folder. I also created a subfolder called "Products" in there. Running the updater I get the message that no products are installed. Apparently the needed xml file does not exist.

I would appreciate our assistance. I can provide order No, serial etc. if needed.

I just downloaded and installed the F-14 Extended (my files were also dated 2018), started the ASUpdater and I see an update is available.

Be sure to run the ASUpdater as Admin and with your computer security disabled, and also you'll want to enable Experimental Updates.

Please login to display this image.

Please login to display this image.

To add to my post above, the SWS compatibility update is as follows:

3.1.0.0 Update for 64 bit versions
    - Rebuilt TACAN system
    - F-14 is now fully integrated with the SimWorks Studios CEX package. Compatibility includes TACAN, ILS, and ACLS.
    - Other minor fixes

The most recent update is 3.1.0.2.

Best wishes.

Thanks, but as I mentioned in my original post, the the F-14X installer does not install an updater app anywhere on my HD. I had to install the updater manually by downloading the zip file found in the forum. That updater however does not know or can recognize what AS products I have installed.

Dimus, did you redownload your F-14 Extended file? My older one, v3.010, with file date 12/20/2018, downloaded 1/18.2019, did not contain the updater. I redownloaded the file on I/31/2020, and just installed it 15 minutes ago, 2015 hrs CST, USA, and it installed the updater. It was in the "Start" menu under "Aerosoft  F-14 Extended - PREPAR3D V4.x/Run Updater." Mine updated to v3.1.0.2.

DonH

(modelr at SOH)

Archived