Bloody AV software acting up again.....

• Aerosoft

Friends, unfortunately we have been informed that some AV software sees the A330 configurator, and possible the same for other products, as a potential problem. This is mainly because it contains code that alters other files ('cause that is what a configurator does).

Other then reporting this to the AV companies there is very little that we can do about it. Normally when we send these reports we don't even get a receipt message, most AV companies simply do not care a lot about the damage they do to others. Only Microsoft is a kind company that send us replies and solves the issues.  You have no idea how pissed off I am about these things. The worst thing is that some AV software does not even warn the use but simply removes the file, others pop up a quick message (often hidden behind other screens). This leads the customer to believe our installers do not install some files, angry customers etc etc. 

The only way to prevent this from happening is to let your AV software know the file is safe. How that is done depends on the software. In some it is easy, in some very hard. The file in question is YourAddonFolder\Aerosoft A330 Professional\Configurator\Aerosoft.A3XX.Configurator.exe. It is absolutely safe. 

Do your research before you pick a AV software. False positives are a major pain in the neck. Also make damned sure you click the right buttons while installing because as we have seen this week some AV companies sell on your data. And that's serious data, an AV scanner has access to your whole drive, all your files.  AVAST shame on you. 

• 4 weeks later...

That's good advice for a truly annoying problem. I can give everyone the advice to do without third-party AV software (at your own risk, of course) and simply use the Windows virus protection and firewall (if you are a Windows user). My brother-in-law who is an IT professional recommended it to me and I never regretted it since. As Mathijs already pointed out, AV software can do more harm than being helpful.

• 4 weeks later...

I can't download the A318-A319 & A320-A321 Professional P3DV4_V1303 as it keeps saying Windows Defender SmartScreen has blocked it as the file is unsafe ? I've even accepted the file as 'unsafe' and when I try to run it, it then says the zip file can't be opened and is invalid. I've never seen this before - can you help please ?

Archived