autothrottle question

dekker

Isnt the autothrottle supposed to engage when you advance the engines to 40% just before applying flex or toga at takeoff.I checked the manuals,but couldn't find anything.

Or I am I getting confused with the aerosoft airbus extended or blackbox.

On 1/30/2020 at 7:14 AM, dekker said:

Isnt the autothrottle supposed to engage when you advance the engines to 40% just before applying flex or toga at takeoff.I checked the manuals,but couldn't find anything.

Or I am I getting confused with the aerosoft airbus extended or blackbox.

You are correct, and it works perfectly for me.  We've also not had any reports of this from our Beta Testers, CFD Captains or other customers.  As I recall, there has never been such an issue reported with any of the Beta versions (going back years) or any of the release versions, so this may be an installation or setup issue.  Are you sure that you inputted the required values in the MCDU INIT B page?

Thanks for replying Dave.

Ill check the MCDU INIT B page . maybe im not entering something.If all else fails then a reinstall may be necessary.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hello dekker,

The autothrust system will be armed (A/THR light is green and FMA A/THR is blue) on ground by setting the thrust levers at the FLX or TOGA detent when the engines are running.

The autothrust being armed, is activated on normal operations when both thrust levers are between the CL and IDLE detents. This will be indicated with A/THR status being white on the FMA.

Archived