A330 - What is she doing here?

airbusA333

The INIT B was correct b4 T/O - The fuelplanner generated the loadsheet. GSX workers loaded the AC with fuel and cargo. Printed loadsheet entered in the INIT B and matches the loadsheet in MCDU 3......We need a service pack soon.

@AAC47 The "Load and Fuel" page shows under "ACT" the amount of the fuel the plane is carrying at the moment. The 12.1 tons shown match the FOB number shown on the upper ECAM display. And at 1:57, you can see the "ACT" number on the "Load and Fuel" page changing from 12.09 to 12.08 tons. So just like @airbusA333 said, it seems as if the correct amount of fuel was loaded before take-off and that the plane burned the "missing" 3.5 tons during take-off and climb.

I have another guess what could have lead to the problem following the course: I noticed that you flew a route abeam to the waypoints VIPPA and ARTOR. Maybe the abeam function in the A330 isn't working properly yet and the autopilot got somewhat confused whether it shall head for ARTOR or the "ABARTOR" abeam waypoint? I haven't used the abeam function so far, though, so I sadly can't provide any advice.

@airbusA333, the more interesting question is what happened and what you did before you started recording that video. Because you were apparently off course already then. I detect that your navigation display already displayed abeam points at that stage - so I suspect that something went wrong already when you chose another "direct with abeam points" earlier.

It's also strange that at the start of the video, in the upper right corner of the ND, it shows RADIS as next waypoint although ABVIPPA and then ABARTOR should actually be the next two waypoints (according to the flightplan in your MCDU).

It would also be interesting to know whether you encountered that problem also in other flights in the A330 or only in this flight.

Yes correct. Before start recording the video I was climbing OPCLIMB to FL350 and had already pushed the FMGC DIR button with ABEAM PTS. Just after this the AC suddenly turned right and off the navigation route. Thats why started recording the video. I did nothing else regrding navigaton etc.

Archived