Popup clickspot issues A330 v1.0.0.7

kevinh

At the moment clicking the top of either the Capt or FO MCDU brings up the "settings" MCDU 2D popup. I think it would be much more useful if it opened the MCDU you clicked on. All the MCDUs are available as 2D popups but there is no clickspot to bring them up quickly. Obviously the settings MCDU would then need it's own clickspot. The current setup is not intuitive, whereas opening each MCDU with a clickspot on that MCDU would be.

Similarly ECAM upper and lower have 2D popup views, but no clickspot to open them, unlike the PFD. There seems to be no 2D popup at all for the ND which is a great shame.

3 hours ago, kevinh said:

At the moment clicking the top of either the Capt or FO MCDU brings up the "settings" MCDU 2D popup. I think it would be much more useful if it opened the MCDU you clicked on.

I understand, but there is a different click spot on the MCDU to open that specific MCDU as a 2D panel.  This is the same logic which is common to all 8 Aerosoft Airbus aircraft and won't likely be changed just for one of them (the A330 in this case).

3 hours ago, kevinh said:

Similarly ECAM upper and lower have 2D popup views, but no clickspot to open them, unlike the PFD. There seems to be no 2D popup at all for the ND which is a great shame.

We've discussed this in the forums since well before release.  We are working on the NDs and may do the ECAMs, but the real priority is the NDs.  No time line, but it's in the pipeline.

Best wishes.

Archived