VC View not linked to default F9 key, A330 v1.0.0.7

kevinh

Pressing F9 does not return the view to the VC, as it should but shows GLARESHIELD MAIN PANEL. It's very useful to be able to quickly return to the VC view using F9 and I think the A330 Pro should follow this convention.

3 hours ago, kevinh said:

Pressing F9 does not return the view to the VC, as it should but shows GLARESHIELD MAIN PANEL. It's very useful to be able to quickly return to the VC view using F9 and I think the A330 Pro should follow this convention.

I couldn't agree more, but there are others who feel differently and no side is right or wrong - just different preferences.  What you describe has been this way since the very first Airbus for FSX and each Aerosoft Airbus after that. Speaking personally, I've never cared for it either so I corrected the Camera settings myself in the Aircraft.cfg file.  You can do this yourself given a little time and work but you need to know ahead of time that you'll also have to change the View System or give up using the View System, so it's almost that you have to chose between one or the other unless you commit to perhaps more work than you bargained for.  Instead we recommend you use the Airbus View System to change views unless you're using a program like Chaseplane (what I use) or EZDoc.

So for now all we can recommend is using the View System, Chaseplane or EZDoc, but if you want to modify the files yourself you are more than welcome to try that, thought again we don't support that.

Best wishes my friend.

Thanks Dave, once the product has matured I'll edit the camera settings. I don't like the Views system, but will use it in the meantime.

It isn't a matter of opinion though, Aerosoft is wrong to do this. F9 is the default key to select the VC view and making it something else breaks that longstanding convention for no good reason except someone decided another view (similar to an old 2D panel view) is more useful.

While I agree eith you (including that binding a useless view to an important default key) that indeed is just my opinion,  and yours. You see my friend, you are one flight simmer and I deal with thousands of flight simmers many who have different opinions and dont use the keyboard for views or dont know what the default F9 key does. What you don't is this was one of many things I already fought to have changed and lost. That battle is over and can't/won't be fought again. But my opinion was and is that it was a terrible decision.

Best wishes.

Archived