ticking noise coming from avionics fans every few seconds

I have had this issue before with certain aircraft sounds where there is a ticking noise caused by either a short loop on a sound file. Not sure if that is the case here, but it appears to be coming from the avionics fans. I ran a latency/dpc test and found no errors, so I believe it may be coming from a wav file somewhere. If anyone else is able to reproduce this issue, let me know. In the meantime I will try and experiment with a different soundpack and see if that helps.

Here is a short clip showing what I am talking about. I did swap the avionics fan noise out with another aircraft to test it and you can still hear it so I am not sure where it is coming from.

Please login to view this video.

18 hours ago, Hoffie3000 said:

You have also tested the sound options in EFB?

Wolfgang

Yeah I have tried messing with those too. I don't think it is the avionics fans as turning those down doesn't help. Oddly enough though, the ticking noise only happens when the engines are at idle. I listened to the TSS sound files individually outside of the sim and they come through perfectly clear. This appears to be related to how the sim is playing the files.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/31/2020 at 1:07 AM, Hans Hartmann said:

I think it's something in the background of the recorded sound. But I really have to turn to volume up to hear it. Not sure if it can be filtered out.

I just reinstalled the aircraft with the new update, and it appears to still be happening. Is this something anyone else is able duplicate on their end? I really hope I can find out what is causing it.

Please login to view this video.

Archived