A330 v1.007. .....P3d4.5...... flight control issue

kylep

I uploaded a video which shows a problem with the elevator as you see by the flight control page the elevator is moving rapidly up and down. I fly  airbus in real life in the US  New York based and that doesn’t happen.

Then also while on final for ILS12L Cancun MMUN  before I intercepted the localizer the plane starts to rock violently left and right . 

yes , I have a laptop and it handles p3d addons well including PMDG products in sceneries such as KJFK or EGLL or KLAX

So, can anyone explain this to me? 

Please login to view this video.

Your video is not working (it's not visible).  Would you happen to have a link that we would use instead of uploading it to our website?

That said, I do not see any issues with the elevator.  All of my control surfaces are just fine , as are the ones on the systems I've worked and people I interface with in our Flight Sim Community and in the forums, so this has to be a local issue.

2 hours ago, kylep said:

I fly  airbus in real life in the US  New York based and that doesn’t happen.

I should hope not, else you'd have to have some long conversations with your Engineers, company execs, Airbus and the FAA.  ;)

2 hours ago, kylep said:

while on final for ILS12L Cancun MMUN  before I intercepted the localizer the plane starts to rock violently left and right . 

If you're getting some rocking then you may be running an older version of the Airbus. But if you're getting violent rocking then it sounds like you're frame rates are diving and staying there for more than a second.  This may occur on less robust systems during the approach phase as this is when P3D loads additional scenery, particularly at third party payware airports.

2 hours ago, kylep said:

I have a laptop and it handles p3d addons well including PMDG products in sceneries such as KJFK or EGLL or KLAX

I understand the tendency to compare addons, however in this case PMDG aircraft (though I'm not sure about the NGXu) are essentially on-native P3Dv4.5 addons whereas our Airbus is compiled with the P3Dv4.5 compilers (so it's native, and uses part of the P3D code that other non-native aircraft don't).  Additionally, our A330 is PBR inside and outside while the addons you cited are not.  You simply may need to turn down your P3D settings a bit to get the same peformance as you do with other models.

Moreover, the FMGS and FBW in our addon is tied to the internal P3Dv4.5 frame rate, so if your performance drops beneath (roughly) 18 frames per second you will get some momentary freezes followed quickly by the aircraft doing things an aircraft should not do or can not do), like pitching up or down while banking 45 plus degrees, with all this happening in less than a second.  If you see this, it's a frame rate issue.

If you're having issues with rapid movements of the control surfaces and other issues, it may be that you have an issue with P3D itself.  Remember that our software uses part of the P3D code that PMDG aircraft do not use, so it's certainly possible.  We did have an Engineer on the Airbus report similar movements of the control surfaces and we spent a great deal of time researching this and pretty much settled in it being a local issue.

One thing... if  you've been updating P3D over many versions by updating only the client then it would be a good idea to update all three P3D components. Also, if you are using third party shaders, please get rid of them as they can cause all sorts of issues including those you are describing.

Best wishes!

Hello. Thank you for the response are you saying you were only able to see the elevators move up and down in the video or you can’t see the video at all? I have the video saved on my iPad I recorded it  I’m not sure how I would link to you I thought this forum would have been ok.

i have updated p3D to the latest. I have the current v1.0.07 for Aerosoft unless there is a v1.0.08 version out there I didn’t know about .

Everything  is updated for sure and my settings have been turned down since Aerosoft 320 professional was released. 

I only use active sky the one for p3d.  The MCDU is fine besides the Offset bug  actually it’s just the flying that I noticed  on this leg  from KCLT that started the shaking on final that I used to see in FSX with Aerosoft Airbus.  The payware add on for MMUN was FSIMSTUDIOS .

I departed from KCLT FSdreamteam Charlotte this shaking only occurs when the approach started.

So, is there going to be an update for this shaking that you say is caused by the coding of Aerosoft Airbus?

thank you

• Deputy Sheriffs

The video can not be seen at all.

In case of using ActiveSky, the default settings in AS for wind and turbulence are not realistic. Try the following settings:
Max surface wind = 50

Max wind turbulence = 30

Turbulence effect scale = 30

Max wind shear = 30

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hello kylep,

Sorry for late reply. I was able to open your video. It seems like you are experiencing extremely low fps on your simulator and that is causing your flight controls doing weird things. It's required to always maintain more than 18 fps when flying for our products to work correctly.

Archived