Cannot install Geneva X at all

rayharris108

Hi

I have a wierd issue with the Geneva X installer.

I literally just purchased it last night.  Clicked on the installer file (AS_GENF-PROFESSIONAL_P3DV4_V1013) and it gave me the 'run' dialog box, then everything disappears. Nothing.

I suppose it may be an anti virus type issue, but none of my other installations have ever been blocked like this.

Anyone have any advice?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards

Ray

Hi Otto

Thanks for your reply

I am using P3D v4.5 HF2 (completely reinstalled from scratch about a week ago). on Win 10 Professional OS.

I looked in Event Viewer - Windows Logs/ Application, whilst I tried the installer again. There was no trace of any error from what I could find - Unless I'm looking in the wrong place...

I bought the Aerosoft version of LSGG to get a scenery that was up to date and 100% compatible ideally, with the latest version of P3D....

KR

Ray

• Deputy Sheriffs

Seems as if something is blocking the installation. the latest version in the shop is 1.0.1.3 and is compatoble with the latest P3Dv4 version.

1. Did you unzip the downloaded file to a temporary folder and run the setup from within that folder

2. Did you make sure that you run the installer as Administrator (right click on the exe and choose "Run as...)

And you need patiency, I don't know why but with AS Geneva I had to wait about 4 Minutes last time i installed it, until the dialog apperaed after starting the installer. I thought it was just problem of my syste running stuff in the background. Start it up, grab a cup of coffee or tea and wait a few minutes. It's worth the wait, installation ist quck once the dialog shows up and the airport is amazing.

Hi

Thanks both for your response.

First , I am using a clean install of P3D v4.5 hotfix 2 - installed only about  week or so ago

I am also installing all scenery as Administrator.

Secondly, thanks for the advice. I have tried waiting but nothing ever happens. Note; I have installed a good few of Aerosoft's other airports now, without any problems at all (Bergen X, Malpensa X etc). 

I think there must be something wrong or different about the install file for Geneva. Please Aerosoft, could you check the file on your server?

Bottom line is if I can't use this scenery I will have to go for a refund. I have another older scenery bought in 2018 (FSDT I think) but I would prefer not to have to use that.

Thanks

Kind regards

Ray

PS I do have the zip file in a backup folder on another disk where I unzipped the install files.

Hi Mathijs.

Thank you for your kind response.

First I downloaded to a temp folder and then ran the exe as Administrator.and waiting for a dialog box that never comes. I tried redownloading in case it had got corrupted somehow. I can't see any entries for such an error in the event log either.

I've even listed the file and directory as an exception in Malwarebytes. 

As I said previously, I've also installed Aerosoft Bergen X, and Malpensa X the other day, and they installed immediately - perfectly without any problem - using exactly the same method. So there's certainly something different about the Geneva installer I'd say.

Sure it could be something I'm doing wrong or not doing, or a setting on my machine, but I wonder if you could just check the file on your server? Not sure why all your other installers run great except this one...

Kind regards,

Ray

• Deputy Sheriffs

If it's there, I didn't see a specific response to Otto's "Did you unzip the downloaded file to a temporary folder and run the setup from within that folder?" (emphasis added).

Hi Herman

I thought I had answered that - yes I unzip into a separate folder on a different disk, unzipped and did the set up from there. This is how I do all installations, but this is the only time I ever had problems

Kind regards,

Ray

• Deputy Sheriffs

I just uninstalled Geneva, made a fresh download from my shop account. And everything went well. I also did not have to wait several minutes like one guy above mentioned. Installation went very fast, no delays, no errors and at the end, the Configtool is automatically displayed.. So IMHO something on your PC seems to be very different and blocks the installer for whatever reason. To which folder are you Geneva installing?

When you unzip the download to a folder, I assume that you see this:

Please login to display this image.

Hi

so I download the original to a downloads location then copy it to a backup external drive where I keep all my installers. I unzip and run the installer from there.

I’ve already tried redownloading for the shop site, but that made no difference. As I said I always use this method including for other Aerosoft sceneries and they install like clockwork. I even set an exception in my Malwarebytes in case it was being blocked... and yes I see all those files too. The size looks the same.

Hope this clarifies.

ray

• Deputy Sheriffs

Is there a way to ccompletely deactivate Malwarebytes? If so, please do it and try again. Also is there a log in Malwarebytes which might show certain activities?

HI

I deactivate Malwarebytes normally before flying so, I don;t think so. In any case as said earlier, I have listed this file as an exception in Malwarebytes.

There was no indication that anything had blocked this file or quarantined it.

No idea what to do.

Hi All

Thought you’d like to know; I contacted support as kindly suggested here.

Tom helped resolve the problem, basically I logged into another account on my PC and installed Geneva perfectly.

Apparently my Home account is somehow corrupt. There was no indication of this as most things work fine, but when I tried to install Geneva on the other account it just installed immediately.

This may hopefully help others here.

Thanks all for your kind support and help.

kind regards 

Ray Harris

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived