Survey: World's Most Extreme Airports

Sasa

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No worries - I have some others at home. I'll dig out the titles and post them here. No flying for 3 weeks? Are you a real world pilot or do you set real world weather in the sim?! Cheers

PPanPan

:cry: PUT.. I'm the worst pilot ever or soon will be ... not many (if any) have as many hours as I do and are still not licensed!

Today the wind (UK.. Sheffield) at 2000ft was forecast ~215/55knts.. not the weather for a numpty like me.. so i'm rapidly moving backwards as the unpracticed 'skills' seep away... :cry:

I mainly fly real weather in the sim provided the wind is not outrageous.. saves thinking ... then if the wind is too strong I fix it.. :wink:

The weather in the Ketchikan area this morming was a rather better than here, but I had to turn the waves down a bit.. :lol:

:cry: PUT.. I'm the worst pilot ever or soon will be ...

That's the trouble with being a real world pilot - we expect too much from the Sim!! I had a PPL way back in 1992 - got to about 90 hours in total, then sadly let it lapse - usual reasons of time and money. One day I will return to the real skies, but until then ...

Don't worry about fogetting stuff - you'd be surprised at how much will have stuck. Keep at it and good luck.

But I think it's just a matter of time until tampa releases Maarten for fsx.

They already have!! It's only Saba and St Barts which (last time I looked) won't be upgraded/rebuilt for FSX. I really hope FlyTampa, or of course Aerosoft (!) release these 2 amazing islands/airports for FSX. Both great challenges and so close to each other (and St Maaten) that you can fly short hops all day long. Perfect for the new Aerosfot Twotter too.

there is also a little airport in nepal that is located in an area that looks like a crater in the middle of nowhere , can't remember it's name or designation , but if anyone does know which one i mean ...

found it , it is bhojpur ( VNBJ ) .it has always been prtrayed in a hole in FS and has always been a nice and challenging airport to fly in . never found a pic of the real thing so i have no clue if it is in any way in a similar location in reality or if it is a MS thing like the default lukla .

I think this is the same (at least the airport), only from another angle.

http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=BZ36dhkpDOY

Yes, it's the same. For me, landing there would be challenging, but i wouldn't land there with a twotter.

At least Aerosoft would have enough time until somebody releases a complete 757 for FSX. But Saba would be also nice and a lot of other airports too.

What I would really like to see in FSX is something like Emma Field was for FS8 and FS9. Even if this product was converted to FSX with no additional visual features it would still be standing out from all other products for its sound environment and ongoing activities changing with daytime, weekday and season.

In my opinion there are a lot of supperb sceneries with regards to how realistic the airport buildings etc. are displayed, but the active environment took the scenery to a whole new level (even with the airport being not very challenging to land on).

I would love to have such a complex GA airport - maybe somwhere, other Aerosoft addon sceneries are near by.

Or speaking from a marketing point of view: having a unique addon that people want to make their homebase somwhere with other Aerosoft addons around may bring the people to buying the addons they can explore from this homebase as well (maybe more than having a challenging airport in the middle of nowhere :wink: ).

• Aerosoft
What I would really like to see in FSX is something like Emma Field was for FS8 and FS9. Even if this product was converted to FSX with no additional visual features it would still be standing out from all other products for its sound environment and ongoing activities changing with daytime, weekday and season.

In my opinion there are a lot of supperb sceneries with regards to how realistic the airport buildings etc. are displayed, but the active environment took the scenery to a whole new level (even with the airport being not very challenging to land on).

I would love to have such a complex GA airport - maybe somwhere, other Aerosoft addon sceneries are near by.

Or speaking from a marketing point of view: having a unique addon that people want to make their homebase somwhere with other Aerosoft addons around may bring the people to buying the addons they can explore from this homebase as well (maybe more than having a challenging airport in the middle of nowhere :wink: ).

And would a imaginary airport be acceptable? I had major problems selling Emma Field to my CEO at LAGO and it was the best selling scenery we ever done there. I am in sort of the same position now.

Why you don't use the SDK? You can easily add generic buildings, boats and animals etc.

And this looks really nice: http://www.hsandmann.com/FSX/EF/EFX_Alpha_..._comp_home.html :)

@ Cartman: Thanks for the link. Nice to see Emma Field is adapted for FSX.

@Mathjis: Yes, you are right. Imaginary airports might be an issue for many users. Personally, I did not mind EF being imaginary. But I am not from that region and I might find it odd if an imaginary airport popped up in a region I know well - I don't know.

I was wondering if something like glider traffic, cars ariving in the morning and leaving in the evening etc. would be to difficult or would involve to much work if implemented for a real life FSX airport?

But I don't want to carry away the subject any longer. I agree that most of what you find googleing for dangerous airports would not be all to challenging in FSX using a small plane. Many of the usual GA airfields are more demanding in this respect - and you are already making a lot of these with the German airfields series.

However, with the Twotter and Catalina coming up. What about a decent seaplane base?

e.g. Lake Hood

http://www.airnav.com/airport/PALH

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lake_Hood_Seaplane_Base

Alaskaairmen

i personnaly do not mind more fictional airports being implemented in FS .

i use a few of them in FS9 right now from paywares like "emma field" or pimp aviation's "cabo key" to freewares such as "pirate cove" and "stamar ice base" .

as long as they represent the type of flying i am looking for ( wether it be bush flying or islands hopping ) i do not care wether it is a real aiport or not , as long as it doesn't overlap or replaces geographicaly a real one .

And would a imaginary airport be acceptable? I had major problems selling Emma Field to my CEO at LAGO and it was the best selling scenery we ever done there. I am in sort of the same position now.

Would be no problem for me! You are asking why? :)

Just because it doesn't matter to me. For example if you would make an fictional airport in Canada, Alaska, USA, Sout America or wherever I just wouldn't care whether it is a real one because I know not much about these areas or there airports. If you would present me a genious addon everywhere over the world I would buy it and I would have fun with it; real or no real would not count to me. That is one of the advantages of the simulator and bushflying or flying with GAs. In my eyes quality and fun counts; not so much whether it is a real airport or not. Airliner wannabes might see this different because there demand for "as real as it gets".