steering problems A330

dekker

Im having the same issue with steering as other members have.Pulling to the left and right on t/o.So I assigned an axis in p3d with my thrustmaster hotas x joystick.What I don't understand is why do I need an axis assignment

if the tiller button can be pushed in and out in vc view.I also noticed that the takeoff roll is worse if ground shaking in chaseplane is set to high.It says in A330 docs volume 1 page 38 that I need a rotary axis in prepar3d,what is that?

I have the axis sensitivity settings as low as I can get in p3d 4.5.This is a beautiful a/c by aerosoft, but I wasn't expecting this problem along with some other issues.Maybe I need to bring the Blackbox A330 out of retirement till the aerosoft issues are fixed

Not a great option ,but at least it was steerable.

• Deputy Sheriffs
2 hours ago, dekker said:

What I don't understand is why do I need an axis assignment

The tiller is a separat axis and not bind to the rudder axis (as in RL).

All issues we have seen so far were due to wrong configuration, pur hardware calibration or influences of other software like chaseplane.

• Deputy Sheriffs

The question is what you want?

If you want to steer the aircraft on ground with the tiller, then you have to assign an axis as described in the documentation.

If not, then simply turn it completely off in the Options MCDU and use you rudder for steering on ground.

Archived