Aerosoft Airbus future plans

So MSFS2020 going out at 18 august. I've read your post about "Biggest community expectations ever" so I was wondering about Aerosoft plans for MSFS - obviously you are going to support it, question is: how soon can we expect Buses for MSFS from Aerosoft? While Asobo's A-320 is nice, it still not the same and also I'd like to have A-330 for MSFS too. Also as old customer of Aerosoft I just don't want to jump trains :) Well that and hope that buses for MSFS will at least have some discount for P3d customers too if they'll come out as it's own product. Mathijs, could you comment on that? Thanks!

On 8/13/2020 at 1:18 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

Any update on the Experimental channel is by definition half-finished. 

So to clarify, P3D v4.5 and P3D V5 will still be updated until you have decided it is finished, or at a stable point, however, you are now focusing on MSFS2020. Is that a more correct statement from what I have read?

• Aerosoft

In projects like this there is no 'finished' state. You can always find more to add. But after CPDLC we do not intend to add new features unless they can be streamed downwards from the MFS version.  Like P3D took over as the 'leading' platform to develop for. MFS took that lead now. In one day. We are 100% sure there are more MFS users then P3D users at this hour.

1 hour ago, Mathijs Kok said:

In projects like this there is no 'finished' state. You can always find more to add. But after CPDLC we do not intend to add new features unless they can be streamed downwards from the MFS version.  Like P3D took over as the 'leading' platform to develop for. MFS took that lead now. In one day. We are 100% sure there are more MFS users then P3D users at this hour.

So things will trickle down from MSFS to P3D until one day, it will stop support.

• 2 weeks later...

I miss Aerosoft's Airbus in MFS2020 a lot! When can we get a release from you guys? I'm checking your website everyday even though i know it won't be too soon.

It's been a while since the last update, and I know MSFS20 is becoming the centre of attention, but is there any more progress to report on the CPDLC/ACARS development?

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, it is a month or so since MSFS has been out.  Has anything changed about your long-term plans to continue support for P3D 64-bit platforms?

Unlike FSX, there seems to be intent that Lockheed Martin will continue with the platform and there are customers, such as myself, who will stick with that sim platform and continue to invest in it.

Thank you.

• Aerosoft

I hope there will be enough market so you can keep investing in it. We for sure have not stopped developing for it but currently see no opportunities to start new projects for it. 

That Lockheed will keep the platform running speaks for itself. The whole platform was never intended for the hobby market but for professional use (and it is fantastic for that). The hobbyist just paid for a lot of the development and testing and enjoyed the best flightsim (next to X-Plane) while doing so.

There seems to be the idea that we are leaving customers on an 'outdated' platform. But that is simply not true, we did a serious update on the airbusses last week and another one will be coming soon that adds new features. Fact however is that while what we sell is the same, sales of P3D add-ons have collapsed. And that collapse coincides perfectly with the release of MFS. 

As we say all the time, we do not decide what sim to support, we go where the customers are. You get me 25.000 customers for an FS2002 add-on and we'll do it. 

Thank you Mathijs,

The position is crystal clear and availability on a variety of platforms is appreciated.  If the market makes you move away from LM, because of their missteps or because "casuals" don't have to work with P3D now that an entertainment title is again available, then P3D folks lose.  As long as P3D lives, I'll protect my investments there.  I am certain that is why a nagging FSX community lingered.  The P3D product also accommodates learning uses, which are consistent with how I derive value from the platform.

Looking forward to how it all pans out and hopeful that some commercial resonance remains for LM.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...