Aerosoft Airbus future plans

On 7/9/2020 at 2:18 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

In progress (ignore graphics, colors etc)

Please login to display this image.

Please login to display this image.

There is some other stuff being done that we are doing with our friends at PMDG that I hope to show soon.

Uhh ? doing stuff with PMDG??....let me guest, maybe making compatibility Aerosoft planes  with PMDG  Global Operations ?  Hoppie will be very busy soon as far I can see :).

Juan H.

2 hours ago, pilotny said:

Uhh ? doing stuff with PMDG??....let me guest, maybe making compatibility Aerosoft planes  with PMDG  Global Operations ?  Hoppie will be very busy soon as far I can see :).

Juan H.

It's got to be GFO. It was announced that Aerosoft would be a Tier 1 partner, so there'll be both Hoppie and GFO.

Can't wait!

On 1/27/2020 at 4:30 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

So at this moment we decided not to work on full new builds of the smaller busses for P3D V4.  We do expect P3D v5 somewhere this year and are sure a lot of the issue we now have will be solved. We decided that because we feel the current versions are pretty strong and can stand the competition in the same price range. What will come very soon is a smaller update that adds the Electronic Flight Bag to the smaller busses. This will be at the same time as we can include Navigraph support for those device.  After that we'll still work on open issues and if there is time we'll also complete CPDLC that is partly developed at this moment.

Hi sir,

So if im not wrong,  the updates for the current buses of P3D V4.5 will be stopped ? im not asking about new models, just the product of it self, that was the last build almost 4 months ago, will become obsolete inmidiatly?

thanks and cheers.

25 minutes ago, Eduard Gasull said:

Hi sir,

So if im not wrong,  the updates for the current buses of P3D V4.5 will be stopped ? im not asking about new models, just the product of it self, that was the last build almost 4 months ago, will become obsolete inmidiatly?

thanks and cheers.

I hope this ain't true in that the updates will be stopping, i really enjoy flying the Airbus in P3D4.5 and can't afford to upgrade to P3DV5 just to keep the Airbuses updated

Update error
Hello,
If we are no longer working on the smaller buses for the p3dv4.5, at least I would like to ask that the errors since the last updates be removed at short notice, as promised. (e.g. fire test)
Thanks CFG874 Bernd

Update Fehler
Hallo,
Wenn schon nicht mehr an den kleineren Bussen für den p3dv4.5 gearbeitet wird, möchte ich wenigstens drum bitten, das kurzfristig die Fehler seit den letzten Update`s beseitigt werden, so wie versprochen.  (z.B. Fire Test )
Danke CFG874 Bernd

• Deputy Sheriffs

Gents, the referenced post was from January. And v4 and v5 share the same code. As long as v5 is updated also v4 will get updates. But there are no plans for a PBR update of the smaller ones, as far as I know.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, masterhawk said:

Gents, the referenced post was from January. And v4 and v5 share the same code. As long as v5 is updated also v4 will get updates. But there are no plans for a PBR update of the smaller ones, as far as I know.

Brill thanks .. Not to worried about PBR on the smaller busses to be honest , much prefer system  upgrades, fixes etc .. Keep up the great work.

I think I remember Mathijs saying the smaller buses would get PBR at some point (which I would really like), but I understand if plans have changed now that MSFS soon is upon us.

1 hour ago, keenrw said:

Brill thanks .. Not to worried about PBR on the smaller busses to be honest , much prefer system  upgrades, fixes etc .. Keep up the great work.

Same here. While I do fly the smaller buses by the other developer, the A330 should definitely have more focus seeing as this is the only A330 with high functionality out there, and personally, I think that, once GFO comes around, the middle MCDU should be changed so that it's no longer just the pop-up menu MCDU, and has access to the ATSU as most pilots in reality (or at least those I know of) leave the middle MCDU on the ATSU all the time to save having to leave the FMGC mode on the main MCDUs to access the AOC (ACARS) on the ATSU.

On 7/27/2020 at 3:22 PM, keenrw said:

I hope this ain't true in that the updates will be stopping, i really enjoy flying the Airbus in P3D4.5 and can't afford to upgrade to P3DV5 just to keep the Airbuses updated

Don’t know buddy they don’t answered. At least I haven’t clear if they don’t develop new models for p3dv4.5 but I hope they at least continue support and updating the not any oldest busses

• Aerosoft
On 8/1/2020 at 11:24 PM, Eduard Gasull said:

Don’t know buddy they don’t answered. At least I haven’t clear if they don’t develop new models for p3dv4.5 but I hope they at least continue support and updating the not any oldest busses

We are not working on new models but certainly on improvements for the whole Bus range for P3d V4.5 (and v5 though we don't like that one very much). But fact is that MFS will simply be a lot bigger market. A lot bigger. Just the fact it will sell everywhere, retail, steam, MS store etc means it will attract a whole new generation of simmers. If you count that at Asobo there are around 100 people working on the sim (as was stated in some YT vids) for the last 4 years and who knows how many in Seattle you get an idea on the total cost. Now calculate how many copies MS needs to sell to break even. Either it will dwarf P3D or Microsoft will lose a bucket of money. 

We fully expect a lot of people will try it and go back to P3D until there are enough add-ons, we seen that with every update for the last 20 years. But in the end the new platform always wins. And MFS is simply an incredible attractive platform to work for!

• Like 2

On 8/4/2020 at 1:28 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

We are not working on new models but certainly on improvements for the whole Bus range for P3d V4.5 (and v5 though we don't like that one very much).

But fact is that MFS will simply be a lot bigger market. A lot bigger. Just the fact it will sell everywhere, retail, steam, MS store etc means it will attract a whole new generation of simmers. I

Fair enough, as long as you provide a little bit of bug fixing and support the the whole bus range for P3D V4.5 until they are completly solid (wich they are) I'm more than pleasant. 

I understand the fact that you will stop developing new products for P3D v4.5, makes a lot of sense, and MFS2020 will represent for sure a better, huge and solid market.  And i wasn't expecting that, i mean i want aerosoft to survive this  crisis and to grow for more and more cool products.

But as long as my products have a little bit of support and updates for bug fixing, its more than sufficient.  

So thanks a lot for that decision.

• Aerosoft
9 minutes ago, Eduard Gasull said:

Fair enough, as long as you provide a little bit of bug fixing and support the the whole bus range for P3D V4.5 until they are completly solid (wich they are) I'm more than pleasant. 

I understand the fact that you will stop developing new products for P3D v4.5, makes a lot of sense, and MFS2020 will represent for sure a better, huge and solid market.  And i wasn't expecting that, i mean i want aerosoft to survive this  crisis and to grow for more and more cool products.

But as long as my products have a little bit of support and updates for bug fixing, its more than sufficient.  

So thanks a lot for that decision.

A new patch with a lot of new teaks is being tested, next week we planned a few days for Connected Flight Deck and CPDLC is still in hot development for P3d V4&5!

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

A new patch with a lot of new teaks is being tested, next week we planned a few days for Connected Flight Deck and CPDLC is still in hot development for P3d V4&5!

Hopefully one of the new tweaks is finally getting the SLOPS more stable, and I'm also hoping the middle MCDU finally gets access to the ATSU as per reality, because, as I've mentioned before, most pilots leave it on ATSU to save having to access it from one of the main MCDUs, and it would look more realistic.

On 8/11/2020 at 7:16 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

No. We spend a lot of time on stabilizing code this week so it will be next week before any update will be out.

Best to ensure everything is done right than rushing in with a half-finished update.