Aerosoft Airbus future plans

Hi Mathijs, does this also include that the smaller busses will get independent ND's for example? thats something I keep missing. What would also be nice in the smaller busses, but really only a neat detail, would be to make the side window blinds operatable like in the A330. Any answer to this? I'm on the verge of rebuying the A320s for P3Dv4 right now and this is kind of a deciding factor.

Regards :) 

• Like 1

• Aerosoft
7 minutes ago, colz99 said:

Hi Mathijs, does this also include that the smaller busses will get independent ND's for example? thats something I keep missing. What would also be nice in the smaller busses, but really only a neat detail, would be to make the side window blinds operatable like in the A330. Any answer to this? I'm on the verge of rebuying the A320s for P3Dv4 right now and this is kind of a deciding factor.

I will see if this can be done. If the FS SDK is not available soon we just might fit this in. Certainly no promises!

6 minutes ago, kylep said:

Hello so I would like to confirm. Does that mean there will be NO A330-200 for P3d v4.5?

thank you

Indeed. No new models planned at this moment.

• Deputy Sheriffs
12 minutes ago, GBNLL said:

So the issues with the smaller aerosoft airbusses can't really be fixed due to the limitations with P3D?

From Mathijs post:

After that we'll still work on open issues“

I Just keep reading stuff on the forum about issues etc.. I've had one today with the fuel planner with the latest update that has now been resolved thanks to @DaveCT2003's document. I haven't flown the A330 either after purchasing it because I've seen numerous problems being posted in the forum.

I've tried flying other developers aircraft but I enjoy coming back to aerosoft aircraft because of how easy they are just to fly but yeah maybe I should read about all the issues people are having eh?

• Like 2

• Aerosoft
3 minutes ago, GBNLL said:

I Just keep reading stuff on the forum about issues etc.. I've had one today with the fuel planner with the latest update that has now been resolved thanks to @DaveCT2003's document. I haven't flown the A330 either after purchasing it because I've seen numerous problems being posted in the forum

I'm not saying that there are no issues still open, but last weekend I noticed 23 A330 at the same time online with the well known ATC groups. There are really no issues that make flying in any way impossible. If you like to discuss those please do so in another topic and not here.

vor 36 Minuten, Mathijs Kok sagte:

I will see if this can be done. If the FS SDK is not available soon we just might fit this in. Certainly no promises!

Would be a shame if this is not going to be done. Seeing as it was said that the A320s are supposed to be at the same level as the A330. The blinds are not really important, but at least unsyncing the NDs would be great, also the VOR/ADF switches. I don't think that should be that much work, or? But nice to hear that you are going to bring the Airbusses and the CRJ to the new Flightsim.

Damn, I thought that because of the A330 and the A330 also having similarities in code to the A320 AFAIK... Oh well.. Anyway, would be a super nice feature, I think I'm not the only one that would like it :) Think I also saw it mentioned a few times around the forum as well. Have a nice evening :)

The Only bug I see for now that is left for The A-330 is when you turn the Batteries ON or OFF and/or EXT Power there is no clunk sound being played. Its not a big issue just takes away from the realism. I hope its being added in the future update.

I apologize if this has been asked differently previously,

To confirm, is the possibility for new engine models (PW4168A or GE CF6-80E1) for the A330 out of the question for the year 2020 with the development plans for MFS and the other sims? 

Much appreciated

Hi Mathijs,

Thank you for the Airbus development road map regarding the immediate future!

However, while I do understand the reasoning (from a business standpoint) of not much of the way in future improvements for the Baby Buses, I have to express my disappointment that it is not likely the Nav Displays will be reworked to operate independently of one another. Also for a purely selfish reason 😉 I was hoping that bringing the Baby Buses up to the A330 standard would somehow cure that nagging drooping elevator problem I'm having. As I posted in that thread, I truly appreciate the efforts of members of your team to track it down. I fully understand it is a rarity and cannot be reproduced by team members.

I am certainly enjoying the A333!

Regards & Best Wishes,

Scott

On 27.1.2020 at 16:48, Mathijs Kok sagte:

Indeed. No new models planned at this moment.

Does that include that there will be no new engine variants for the A330-300, at least for the moment?

By the way, @GBNLL, I can confirm that the A330 is very much flyable, at the very least in its current version 1.0.0.7. I did a flight from EDDL to KMIA last weekend, and everything worked like a charm, also the MCDU fuel indication problem which was present in the earlier versions of the A330 was gone.

4 minutes ago, FWAviation said:

Thanks for the quick reply, Dave!

You are most welcome.

I think the point that Mathijs makes about moving into the future of Microsoft Flight Sims (MFS) is a very important one.  My take on this is that we've leave our P3Dv4 Airbus products as excellent and stable as we move into the future of Micrsofot Flight Sims. 

There was a post today elsewhere where someone made a great point.  At this point Microsoft would have to fail on may promises for the upcoming Sim not to be a gigantic leap forward for us all.  But you know, even after the new sim is released some considerable time might well still be needed before fixes are produced (because they are always needed) the addon products catch up to the new sim... so it may still take some considerable time before we'll have the same capabilities as we presently do with P3D.  I'm not talking overall sim visuals, which is what most people in our community seem to be focuses on.

So.. I'll likely be using P3Dv4 / v5 for my serious simming for some time to come.  But have no doubt, Aerosoft will step into the new sim in a Big way, and with Mathijs leading us it will be a great experience for our customers (sincerely).

Best wishes!

@DaveCT2003 The assumption that it will take considerable time until we have a comparable range of add-ons for MSFS as we have it now for P3D is an assumption I share. But this assumption is actually also a very good rationale why it might be a good idea to develop additional A330 models and engine variants for the P3D version while P3D is still very much in use and MSFS hasn't caught up completely yet. 😉

7 minutes ago, FWAviation said:

@DaveCT2003 The assumption that it will take considerable time until we have a comparable range of add-ons for MSFS as we have it now for P3D is an assumption I share. But this assumption is actually also a very good rationale why it might be a good idea to develop additional A330 models and engine variants for the P3D version while P3D is still very much in use and MSFS hasn't caught up completely yet. 😉

If ours was a freeware product then surely, but alas it's not and we have to pay for the work involved via sales and as Mathijs said we don't like to saddle our customers with having to pay for updates.  Even if we were to do an expansion package for P3Dv4/5 MFS would have been out for a good while before it was ready, and of course our developers would need to be working on products for MFS instead of a sim that many people would be moving from. It's just too much to go backwards especially when the crowd is moving forward.  For this reason, we likely won't see new engine variants for P3Dv4.  It's far more work than people realize and we'd have to obtain the real world data to model it as well.

Second guessing the experience we have behind the scenes and the decisions we make is something we have to live with, but we have to take into account many things the general public never considers or aren't aware of.

My very best wishes!

Hello alltogether,
I've read that there will be a "legal mode" in MSFS so that you can run FSX aircrafts in the new flight sim.
(Don't know if this is still valid.)

So if you are expanding development staff AND have to wait for the new SDK, it might be an idea to have a look on your FSX aircrafts if one or the other of them could get a small refresh.

For example the Bush Hawh XP would be a very nice plane to fly with over the new MSFS world ("low and slow"). Maybe some other liveries (other nations) could bring new interest to this plane. So maybe there might be new buyers because MSFS will bring new customers.

In addition it would be very nice to have a fast plane for quicker sightseeing in MSFS. A Piper Cheyenne IV LS 400 is still missing as payware. Don't know how difficult it is to change the Piper Cheyenne I-II into a IV LS 400. I personally would buy it as a new aircraft.
If you don't like this plane, then the Hughes H-1B might be an alternative.

And if you are looking for a new aircraft type for MSFS: what about a small but very fast bizz-jet?
This a/c could fit beginners (sightseeing) as well as semi-professional and professional pilots (flight planing from A to B with real weather, alternate airport strategies, starting from cold to dark etc.)

I don't need an answer, because I don't want to read a "no" 😉

But maybe you and/or your staff will remember this idea some day . . .

Good luck and good success with the coming MSFS!
Torsten