Aerosoft Airbus future plans

36 minutes ago, Jori said:

I'm so sick of hearing about MSFS. As soon as MSFS looses the interest of the armatures, Lockheed Martin will still be here... such short sightedness. I know sales have tanked... because there is a shinny new sim... but P3D will always be here... and if you vacate this space new developers will fill it and your loyal customers will leave and not come back!

Jori, you have a wildly misconception of how the current swimming world is. Firstly if people leave MSFS the user base will still be higher than P3D ever was, a lot of hardcore simmers have already transitioned to MSFS, also it's been out 1 year...if the sim had any chance of dying, it would have already done, how do you know P3D will always be here, where's the guarantee? Don't forget P3D is a COMMERCIAL sim that was abused by many over the years and overlooked by LM, all it takes is LM for v6 (if there is one) to stop selling academic licences and it's no longer a sim for the general public. Also it's not just Aerosoft who are no longer developing for P3D, many other dev's are leaving P3D for MSFS. Aerosoft know what's happening, they didn't make the jump on a whim, they've been in business over 20 years, so they know what they are doing.

21 minutes ago, Jori said:

I have a suggestion for Aerosoft to make some money. Develop an A350 or A380 for P3Dv5+! All of you loyal customers are waiting to spend their money...

You sure? Mathijs/Aerosoft doesn't think so, go look at other forums/fselite etc and look at how many hardcore P3D users are going, "I'm still using P3D but not spending anymore money, once the equivalent add ons are in MSFS, I'm uninstalling P3D".

Look, use any sim you want, but don't be mad because the market isn't in your favour and is very much unlikely to change 

1 hour ago, Jori said:

I'm so sick of hearing about MSFS. As soon as MSFS looses the interest of the armatures, Lockheed Martin will still be here... such short sightedness. I know sales have tanked... because there is a shinny new sim... but P3D will always be here... and if you vacate this space new developers will fill it and your loyal customers will leave and not come back!

I hear you, but truth is, most of the MSFS sim crew is exactly that - CTRL-E "pilots", and whether we want it or not, those are the ones that buy products right now. Take a look at the MSFS market, it's filled with very VERY low quality products that sell like hotcakes. People go NUTS over the A320NX and that is just a very minor improvement over the default A320, but still they think it's a whole new development!! (Spoiler: It flies just as bad, and is just as unreliable).

So, calm down and embrace the change because it is going to happen. Developers need to make money (they live from that) and thus they go where the money is and right now that's MSFS. I don't fly MSFS yet because i like reliable, technically advanced simulators so i'm all P3D, but i do keep an eye on MSFS development and as soon as 3 or 4 good aircraft are available for it, i will probably jump as well because it also looks and feels so much better and more realistic.

It happened to me with FS98, FS9, FSX and will happen with P3D and, who knows, MSFS as well. It's only natural and called "evolution".

It's fine if you want to stick to P3D, alas, tons of people still fly FS9 exclusively. What is important is that you do what you like the best, but understand the developers position.

• Deputy Sheriffs
1 hour ago, Jori said:

Develop an A350 or A380 for P3Dv5+!

Simply search this forum and you get answers why this will definitely not happen. And it is not only about money.

25 minutes ago, JarredP said:

I hear you, but truth is, most of the MSFS sim crew is exactly that - CTRL-E "pilots", and whether we want it or not, those are the ones that buy products right now. Take a look at the MSFS market, it's filled with very VERY low quality products that sell like hotcakes. People go NUTS over the A320NX and that is just a very minor improvement over the default A320, but still they think it's a whole new development!! (Spoiler: It flies just as bad, and is just as unreliable).

So, calm down and embrace the change because it is going to happen. Developers need to make money (they live from that) and thus they go where the money is and right now that's MSFS. I don't fly MSFS yet because i like reliable, technically advanced simulators so i'm all P3D, but i do keep an eye on MSFS development and as soon as 3 or 4 good aircraft are available for it, i will probably jump as well because it also looks and feels so much better and more realistic.

It happened to me with FS98, FS9, FSX and will happen with P3D and, who knows, MSFS as well. It's only natural and called "evolution".

It's fine if you want to stick to P3D, alas, tons of people still fly FS9 exclusively. What is important is that you do what you like the best, but understand the developers position.

Jarred's point does some the situation up, however to add a few points, MSFS is not exclusively, CTRL E pilots, people like me who have been around since FS2002 and even earlier have made the transition (although my situation is a bit different). Also the reason for the low quality products is the time it takes AS/PMDG/A2A to develop for a new sim, and you have devs taking advantages of the market as much as they can before the proper addons arrive. I agree about the FBW32NX, not being amazing but is a tie-over until AS/Fenix get their A320s in sim and personally is a load better than the default but has a hell of a lot more work needed.

The sim is capable of good aircraft already, as seen with the CRJ, DC6 and JF PA28s, MSFS as it stands will have all 3 PMDG jets in sim by Q2 2022, and QW/A2A/JF etc and new devs like Fenix are solely focusing on MSFS.

Jarred's final 2 lines sum it up beautifully. MSFS is looking extremely likely to be the future but doesn't mean you have to change, but can't expect developments for platforms that are not viable. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

• Aerosoft
6 hours ago, Jori said:

Jori, I am very sorry you are sick hearing about MSFS but that is nothing I can sort out for you. 

The fact we do not do development for P3D is very very simple. None of the developers who work on commision for us want to do P3D add-ons because they know they will use a lot of money and when I would do so with our internal teams my CEO's would fire me. 

We love P3D, we love every sim. And when other developers fill the gap we leave that would make me very happy. I do not see it because everybody who knows the scene knows the very limited sales potential of P3D add-ons, so we have to depend on freeware. But if you believe P3D will soar again I can only say that we wish the same.  Just do not depend on us or the other well known names who have bills to pay. Cause they just look at the spreadsheets and see it make no sense. These are not decisions WE take, we go where the customers are. And I would not worry too much about our loyal customers. At this moment we are seeing our most loyal customers very happy spending money on our MSFS DLC. In fact better then we have seen in over a decade. 

Jori I fully understand your point of view. You are a hardcore simmer, you want great hydraulic systems and not great graphics. And you got those in many add-ons for P3D at this moment. Be happy! They will continue to work. Just do not expect any publisher to put a few hundred thousand dollars into a new product. That will be a few hundred thousand dollars lost. You do not believe that. so be it.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

• 2 months later...

I would like to thank you  at Aerosoft for the latest update for the buses {1.0.5.1}  It has transformed using the Thrustmaster Throttle and Quadrant with the Airbuses.  I know you are no longer prioritising add ons for P3D v 4/5 but this is a most welcome update and increased my enjoyment of flying your Airbuses in P3D. Thanks again.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
On 4/6/2023 at 1:14 PM, mopperle said:

The paintkit for the A330 Pro for P3D is available in your Aerosoft shopaccount.

Yes I do know but probably like many customers when I bought Aerosoft A330 Pro on Simmarket
I did not know that for the same fee as Aerosoft Shop only raw product was provided and not its utilities.

Could this paintkit be submitted to the Aerosoft Update-DatenBank  ?

Kind regards

13 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

I suggest asking Simmarket. We pay them to provide these files.

Nothing compels you to join this simexchange since it does not provide the same features as Aerosoft Shop.   

Otherwise I would have bought the A330 Pro with my Aerosoft shop account and I wouldn't be requesting a little painkit. 
I note that it is already free for the Aerosoft MSFS A330  and available without Aerosoft account.

Anyway, thanks for your explanations and I'll leave it at that without my painkit.

Kind regards

• 6 months later...