Aerosoft Airbus future plans

• Deputy Sheriffs
14 minutes ago, Alex97490 said:

when this week?

Some items take longer as expected. This weekend we won't release an update. More info can give Mathijs next week. 

• 3 weeks later...

Reading these pages reminds me of the dilemma I faced back in the 1980s over whether to buy a VHS or Betamax videoplayer. In the end the lower tech VHS player won through shear amount of players sold, but a few years later they were all history as the CD player appeared and now we are all on a cloud or online streaming.

I have a relatively new PC that I got for free and play FSX on so I would appreciate some kind of support for these platforms to continue, even if this means paying a modest fee. I had thought that in a few years I would think about getting a newer machine and change to P3D but now having read these pages I think I will go for the Microsoft 2020 version if there are some ways to import my FSX aircraft into them,.

• Like 2

• Deputy Sheriffs
On 11/10/2020 at 2:33 PM, SpottyMCapt said:

I have a relatively new PC that I got for free and play FSX on so I would appreciate some kind of support for these platforms to continue, even if this means paying a modest fee. I had thought that in a few years I would think about getting a newer machine and change to P3D but now having read these pages I think I will go for the Microsoft 2020 version if there are some ways to import my FSX aircraft into them,.

Sorry, there is no chance of simply "importing" your FSX aircraft into the Microsoft Flight Simulator (formal name for the new one, aka MFS, MFS2020, MSFS). They're utterly incompatible. Some can be imported into P3D, in particular, the earlier 32 bit versions (P3D, P3Dv2, P3Dv3) but even there, some just don't work, while MFS is an entirely different animal.

On 1/27/2020 at 9:00 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

How much of those will be 'ports' and how much will be done to the new standards remains to be seen

Hi

I didn't actually understand this. Btw, why any of the aircrafts at all need to be ported? Aren't all the aircrafts possible to be done from scratch according to the new standards and utilising all the features of the new simulator? There are several limitations in the current sdk, I understand, but I think it is gradually improving. I mean we could be a bit patient if needed. It would be just awesome if we could get those airbus series for msfs utilising the new standards !!!

Thanks

17 hours ago, Herman said:

Sorry, there is no chance of simply "importing" your FSX aircraft into the Microsoft Flight Simulator (formal name for the new one, aka MFS, MFS2020, MSFS). They're utterly incompatible. Some can be imported into P3D, in particular, the earlier 32 bit versions (P3D, P3Dv2, P3Dv3) but even there, some just don't work, while MFS is an entirely different animal.

Do you not see any plans for MSFS to be able to run FSX aircraft in a compatibility mode? Microsoft will run old versions of software so why not their flightsim ?

• Upvote 1

• Deputy Sheriffs

My view only. I haven't seen anything like that in the responsible forums/websites (which doesn't mean it's not possible, just that it's not under active consideration). Besides, what do you think Microsoft and third party developers want to see, the ability to sell new product to the new customer base OR extra work by Asobo (=$$$) so old software will run. Simply look at the efficiencies (=fps) and detail bespoke MFS aircraft have over FSX/FSX:SE/P3D any version and decide if old and new simmers alike want to go backwards. As I wrote in what you quoted, even now with P3Dv4 and v5 (64 bit), there are many FSX aircraft that won't work at all or have missing factuality.

The basic view about the ability of a given system (yours) to run P3Dv4/v5 and MFS is that what will run one acceptably will run the other. If a given system won't run one of the current versions of P3D acceptably it won't run MFS decently either. Since it looks like it's some time before you acquire such a rig, I'd just build and enjoy my FSX hangar and not worry about "future proofing" it.

In case you're not aware of the system recommendations, here they are for P3Dv4 and v5 and MFS.

• Upvote 2

• Aerosoft
10 hours ago, SpottyMCapt said:

Do you not see any plans for MSFS to be able to run FSX aircraft in a compatibility mode? Microsoft will run old versions of software so why not their flightsim ?

No, I know it was suggested for a while I see hardly any options for backwards compatibility.  The platform is just to different.

• 7 months later...

Suppose that means that theres no Engine Update for the A320 Series like the NEO  which the A320 Prof series and P3Dv4 needs 

you could just update the engines  wouldnt take long would it ???

• Aerosoft

At this moment there are no new updates or extensions of this P3D version planned. The reason is simple, sales for P3D add-ons has fully tanked.  When we release the MSFS version we will try to move the changes back to the P3D version is that is feasable for a limited budget.

• Deputy Sheriffs
28 minutes ago, LuxuryCEO said:

Suppose that means that theres no Engine Update for the A320 Series like the NEO  which the A320 Prof series and P3Dv4 needs 

you could just update the engines  wouldnt take long would it ???

Oh…it’s a lot to change. Fuel system, internal/external model, sound, perf data. That’s minimum and a lot work.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

At this moment there are no new updates or extensions of this P3D version planned. The reason is simple, sales for P3D add-ons has fully tanked.  When we release the MSFS version we will try to move the changes back to the P3D version is that is feasable for a limited budget.

Does this mean we will be seeing less and fewer updates/bug fixes for the Airbus in P3D? This is a little upsetting if its true as P3D (as well as Xplane) is my sim of choice atm, … I tried MSFS and although the graphics are fantastic the flight models and performance in some areas not so,..so  i have gone back to P3D and Xplane ,as a long time Aerosoft Airbus user this news is upsetting... i may have to bite the bullet and save for the completers Airbus.

Rich

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, keenrw said:

Does this mean we will be seeing less and fewer updates/bug fixes for the Airbus in P3D? This is a little upsetting if its true as P3D (as well as Xplane) is my sim of choice atm, … I tried MSFS and although the graphics are fantastic the flight models and performance in some areas not so,..so  i have gone back to P3D and Xplane ,as a long time Aerosoft Airbus user this news is upsetting... i may have to bite the bullet and save for the completers Airbus.

Rich

Rich, if I'm being honest, it's not just Aerosoft that will be slowing/stopping updates for P3D, you'll find most if not all devs will follow suit, with Asobo's constant updates (which coincidentally the next sim update should drastically improve performance, and the flight model is always being worked on, saying that the CRJ and DC6 flight model are very good), MSFS (whether people accept it) is the future, and P3D is *sadly* going the way of FSX when P3D released.

Another well renowned dev (hint - big Boeing creator) has already said if they continue support for P3D, it will most likely be because of the commercial contracts and not  the general public

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

I'm surprised and disappointed everyone is getting ready to jump ship to MSFS. Everything I've heard from real pilots is that it is not a good sim and basically appeals to the kids that used to use FSX and Infiniteflight but found money for a powerful PC or for the YouTubers and streamers that think they know how to fly but really don't. Oh well I guess I can give up hope on much of the existing issues being fixed at this point.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

vor 6 Stunden , 767333ER sagte:

I'm surprised and disappointed everyone is getting ready to jump ship to MSFS. Everything I've heard from real pilots is that it is not a good sim and basically appeals to the kids that used to use FSX and Infiniteflight but found money for a powerful PC or for the YouTubers and streamers that think they know how to fly but really don't. Oh well I guess I can give up hope on much of the existing issues being fixed at this point.

Interesting since P3D is in fact FSX.

And I hardly believe that "real" pilots actualy said that they are training at home on P3D (or any other SIM running at home on a desktop PC or Notebook).

7 hours ago, 767333ER said:

Every real world pilot I've heard from (including me as a PPL/IR holder) has said the opposite to what you've heard (and there's r/w pilots who stream MSFS saying the same thing), the sim's been out ~a year and has been constantly improved from what is was at release. I think people's only reasoning for saying it's a bad sim is it doesn't have the high fidelity aircraft of P3D, which is changing at a rapid pace (i.e. we'll hopefully see all P3D aerosoft/PMDG/QW and some A2A products by Q3 2022). Another thing that doesn't scream "MSFS is a bad sim" is on other forums I have seen people up to 2 months saying MSFS is a bad sim...I'm never changing and now saying I'm changing to MSFS/or I've already changed and regret not doing it earlier.

The point being MSFS is a good sim and is an option for people to use, you don't have to change sims (hell some people still use FSX and never upgraded to P3D) but don't expect or assume P3D updates or new products as like Mathijs said sales have tanked

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

• Aerosoft

Okay Bart, that's fine. I disagree thought. I think our CRJ and the PMDG DC-6 proof the opposite. 

The simple fact is that sales for P3D add-ons are so low that no development can be done for that platform. So if you are happy with P3D as it is now that is very good because you can simply expect very little new products on that platform. I do not think that is bad. It is just that you need to accept a platform that is static. 

For Aerosoft it is simple, we simply can't release P3D product developed internally, just as we can't do FSX products. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/13/2021 at 5:27 AM, Mathijs Kok said:

Okay Bart, that's fine. I disagree thought. I think our CRJ and the PMDG DC-6 proof the opposite. 

The simple fact is that sales for P3D add-ons are so low that no development can be done for that platform. So if you are happy with P3D as it is now that is very good because you can simply expect very little new products on that platform. I do not think that is bad. It is just that you need to accept a platform that is static. 

For Aerosoft it is simple, we simply can't release P3D product developed internally, just as we can't do FSX products. 

I'm so sick of hearing about MSFS. As soon as MSFS looses the interest of the armatures, Lockheed Martin will still be here... such short sightedness. I know sales have tanked... because there is a shinny new sim... but P3D will always be here... and if you vacate this space new developers will fill it and your loyal customers will leave and not come back!

• Upvote 1

On 7/8/2021 at 10:18 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

I have a suggestion for Aerosoft to make some money. Develop an A350 or A380 for P3Dv5+! All of you loyal customers are waiting to spend their money...

• Aerosoft
8 minutes ago, Jori said:

I have a suggestion for Aerosoft to make some money. Develop an A350 or A380 for P3Dv5+! All of you loyal customers are waiting to spend their money...

I am sorry, simply will not happen as there are absolutely no chance to break-even on a project like that. Sales for any P3D add-on are simply gone. While we do understand there are still a LOT of P3D users, there are not a lot of P3D customers. 

As always, we follow where the customers are.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1