Checklist question

I have noticed when using the checklist with the co-pilot turned on, at 10,000 feet the pilot calls for lights off and cabin signs off, you then get the cabin crew informing the passengers they can now move around the cabin. If you do this manually, you get the same response, all good so far. However, if at 10,000 feet you manually turn off the lights, but do not switch off the cabin signs at the same time, maybe because it is a bumpy ride up and want to wait a little longer before releasing the passengers, the cabin crew sounds do not activate! Is this a bug or just the way the timings are set? What is the latest time you can switch off the signs and get the cabin crew announcement?

Incidentally, either way manual or automatically by the co-pilot check list, you still get the coffee shortly after the cabin signs are switched off.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Brian,

I think you are talking about the A31X/A32X and not the A330? The Cabin Crew announcement is linked to the seatbelt switch (=OFF)  and the altitude of 10.000 feet. So if one of this conditions is not met then there will be no announcement.......

Regards,

Rolf

Hi Hanse,

Yes the 31x/32x. Sometimes the cabin signs being switched off at 10,000 feet is a bit early. I have flown a lot in A320's and the cabin signs generally don't get switched off at 10,000 feet but much later up. More like 12 - 15,000 ft.

As you are saying its not a bug, then its fine. Just thought the sounds would relate to the cabin signs only being switched off. Just out of curiosity, can it be reworked so only the cabin signs activate the announcement?

Just asking. :)

Brian

• Hanse locked this topic

Archived