Erratic behaviour during descent and approach

garpower

Hello folks,

I've been hopeful and patient that one day I'll have a trouble-free/normal flight one of these aircraft. I've seen many improvements (thanks Aerosoft team) and every experimental release I cross my fingers and set off to test the bus. Although the flight dynamics has become more normal and allows for much better manual control during takeoff and landing, my issue now is that at random points during the descent or approach phases, with AP still on, the aircraft goes into either a spiral dive or almost vertical climb (eventual stall).

Is this an issue others have experienced? Is it already reported and something Aerosoft is working on? Or, is there some critical action/configuration that I am not doing?

Any help or guidance would be most welcome. Thanks!

Regards,

George.    

1 hour ago, garpower said:

Hello folks,

I've been hopeful and patient that one day I'll have a trouble-free/normal flight one of these aircraft. I've seen many improvements (thanks Aerosoft team) and every experimental release I cross my fingers and set off to test the bus. Although the flight dynamics has become more normal and allows for much better manual control during takeoff and landing, my issue now is that at random points during the descent or approach phases, with AP still on, the aircraft goes into either a spiral dive or almost vertical climb (eventual stall).

Is this an issue others have experienced? Is it already reported and something Aerosoft is working on? Or, is there some critical action/configuration that I am not doing?

Any help or guidance would be most welcome. Thanks!

Regards,

George.    

Sorry, which aircraft?

Unless this is a frame rate issue (frame rates going below 18fps), then nobody has reported this and I've never experienced this in any of the Airbus Professional aircraft.

Thanks for your response Dave. This happens with all variants of the A319, A320 and A321 professional running on P3D v4.5 (SP2). I do have an older system (holding off on the upgrade until MS2020) and get FPS in the low teens at busy airports but this has happened with FPS in the mid 20s, away from complex scenery at start of descent. Other aircraft - PMDG NGX/NGXu, Majestic Dash8, C172 - don't exhibit this behaviour but I agree PC performance is likely a contributing factor.

Regards,

George.     

The best thing to do is get MSI Afterburner and Rivatuner installed and set up the On Screen Display (OSD) to show the GPU & CPU Usage and FPS. It's very easy to set up, and you can also setup a key to hide or display this info on the screen - even move the info to where you wish (I have it in the lower left corner).  That way you can monitor the actual frame rate instead of what P3D gives you.

Anyway, I'm sure this is what is causing your issues, but a video would confirm that.

Archived