THR ACCEL HEIGHT - BUG

TheFl4me

I have noticed that if you dial in a new altitude into the MCP before having reached the THR ACCEL HEIGHT the aircraft will switch to CLB/OP CLB mode.

Example LSZH VEBIT3S departure:

- Initial climb 5000ft

- NADP1 so THR RED at 2900 and ACCEL at 4500ft (MSL) (LSZH elev is 1400ft)

I am currently passing 3500ft (MSL) and ATC gives me a clearance to further climb to FL120.

If i dial in (DIAL, NOT PRESS/PULL) FL120 before having reached the accel alt of 4500ft (MSL) the aircraft will switch to CLB/OP CLB as if I had pressed/pulled the ALT knob, thereby putting the speed bug at 250kts and accelerating too early.

This happens on all departures/airports.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's incorrect (a bug). I'll enter it into our Bug Tracking.  I don't think the FMGS should command OP Climb unless the ALT knob is pulled.

Many thanks for the report.

Which aircraft was this and which revision are you on?

Many thanks again.

2 hours ago, TheFl4me said:

Sorry, forgot to mention that @DaveCT2003

A330 v1.0.0.6

Okay, I recommend updating to 1.0.0.7 as it includes some important updates, but we also have another great update coming out soon.

Best wishes.

Interesting, 

16 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Okay, I recommend updating to 1.0.0.7

Interesting, I didnt realize that was out since I cant seem to find any forum update mentioning the new release. 

16 minutes ago, TheFl4me said:

Interesting, 

Interesting, I didnt realize that was out since I cant seem to find any forum update mentioning the new release. 

Yeah, it was posted, but you also need to check the AS Updater as that is our primary venue for announcing and obtaining changes for the Airbus.

Archived