A330 - Permanent applying Brakes

Noc

Good evening,

today and already weeks earlier my colleague and I had issues with the brakes.

While being in shared cockpit, one or both pilots could not accelerate because the brakes were permanently applied. ("BRAKES" text in the bottom left corner)

Happened just a few minutes ago when we were holding short of a runway and when I came to a complete stop my first officer had the named issue.

I was able to taxi meanwhile he had the "BRAKES" text in the bottom left and the brakes started to get hotter. (last time we had this the brakes had temperatures around 1000-2000 degree when airborne)

When I gave him the PF via the CFD Menu, I had the issue aswell and the airplane was unable to move.

This happens very very often and is really killing the vibe because you're not even able to take off.

Sincerely

Nicolas

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, we're aware of this issue but thanks for reporting it.

If one of you have Rudder Pedals, you can tap the toe brakes and that should sync things up between you. The other only way to fix this is for both people to close P3D and restart.

We are working on a fix.

Best wishes!

• 1 month later...

Hi guys.

I am having the same problem too with my mate, when he is PF we can never takeoff because brakes go nuts while holding short, unfortunately he hasn't got rudder pedals so we are unable to solve the issue quickly and this makes the plane completely unusable in CFD, which is the main point of all this.
As you are aware of the problem, is the solution anywhere near completion or we'll have to wait long?

Stay safe

• Deputy Sheriffs

Thre is an issue on shared cockpit currently that unsyncs the parking brake in CFD if your disable it with the toebrakes instead of the brake handle. When flying in CFD please use the parking brake only through the pedestal parking brake handle.

Good evening

We tried recalibrating all our axes, but didn't make a difference. We'll try different brakes setups in the P3D settings to find if any works.

To Secondator: we are aware of that, but we determined the problem occurs independently of the parking brake use: we tried connecting directly on the runway to test this, both in takeoff state, and we started taxiing around the airport, and the brakes failed in two minutes time, without touching the parking brake in any way.

By the way, this happens on A330 ONLY when my friend is PF, but quickly extends to me when we switch roles trying solving the problem. I have Rudder Pedals with axis assignment, and he has button assignment on his joystick. We tried disconnecting each other's devices, but with no effects.
I hope some of this information could help you understanding the issue and give us the right advice.

Stay safe

Archived