SimStarter crash after today's Chaseplane/Immersion manager changes

KeithHodkinson

This morning, OldProp (Chaseplane and Immersion Effects) changed to hosting via Orbx, requiring a reinstallation of both Chaseplane and Immersion Manager - they are now called Parallel 42. The locations of files has changed (presumably to meet Orbx requirements). My reinstall went successfully, and I was able to start P3D directly and load Chaseplane camera views on all aircraft (visibility of Immersion effects not yet tested).
However, when I try to load the sim from a Simstarter profile,  I get an error message (see screenshot). Pressing continue causes Simstarter to lock up, needing to End Task via Task Manager. This happens with any profile I choose.

Have tried to look at both sets of dll.xml and exe.xml files for syntax or path errors, but can't find anything that is obviously wrong.

Debug package is attached along with screenshot and full text extract of the error message

Please login to display this image.

20200124-15h41m43_SIMstarterNG_DebugPackage.zip error message expanded.txt

• Developer

your exe.xml has been damaged by a third party. Remove the red line 6:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0">
  <Descr>Launch</Descr>
  <Filename>exe.xml</Filename>
  <Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad>
  </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>as_btstrp_config_manager</Name>