B-17 Download will not Authenticate

sakelle82

I purchased the Aeroplane Heaven B-17 yesterday. When I launch the installer and select my game type (FSX), the authentication step won't go through. I get a message saying that "Navigation to the webpage was canceled." I had disabled my antivirus and Windows Firewall, and I always run the launcher as an administrator.

58 minutes ago, sakelle82 said:

I purchased the Aeroplane Heaven B-17 yesterday. When I launch the installer and select my game type (FSX), the authentication step won't go through. I get a message saying that "Navigation to the webpage was canceled." I had disabled my antivirus and Windows Firewall, and I always run the launcher as an administrator.

Very sorry to hear you're having issues.

Are you running FSX with SP2, FSX Acceleration, or the FSX Steam Edition?  If not, then you'll need to update your FSX to Service Pack 2 (Service Pack 1 is required first).

If you have the correct version then please put in a Support Ticket with us.

Sorry again that you've had some issues.

I'm running the Steam Edition of FSX. I submitted a ticket, and tried the recommended solution (disabling antivirus and Windows Firewall), but the same error still pops up. It happens very quickly, as if the installer is not even trying to connect to the server for authentication, rather than trying and timing out.

Archived