Self Test - A330

dookster49

1 hour ago, dookster49 said:

All of my displays are showing a message that a self-test is in progress, max 40 seconds. However, it’s been over 10 minutes now. Any way to remedy while in flight? Thanks!

Larry

There are a lot of possible non-operational things which might cause that.  Installation issues all the way to frame rate issues.

First, let's see if re-loading the panel state will help.  If not, then....

1. Which version of the A330 do you have installed?  The latest version is 1.0.0.7, please ensure that you have the latest version installed.

2. What type of frame rates do you get in the A330 virtual cockpit sitting at a gate/stand at a default airport?

3. Does this problem happen every time you load the A330?  If no, then reloading the panel state should resolve this.

4. Did you disable computer security and run the installer as Admin? 

5. Did you disable computer security and run the AS Updater as Admin?

If the answers to 4 and 5 above are no then you have an uninstall and reinstall in your future per the following procedure:

If the answers to 4 and 5 above are YES and reloading the Panel State in MCDU#3 doesn't help then we'll have to look at some other things which may require you to put in a Support Ticket.

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

Hi, must've been a one-time occurrence, as I've flown several missions since, with no more "self-check" notices. However, there are a few other issues with this new aircraft which puzzle me...

1) During the automated checklist routine, simply pressing the RCL tab will not eliminate the flight crew continuing to say ECAM RECALL. A simple press of that tab on the A320/21 is sufficient and allows the checklist to continue.

2) The most annoying issue with this aircraft is the constant changing of views during the checklist routine. Is there a way to disengage that? I'm able to see the entire cockpit on my large monitor, so am able to access all switches, tabs, buttons, etc. without the screen views changing.

Thanks for any assistance you can provide.

Larry

• Deputy Sheriffs
On 1/29/2020 at 9:27 PM, dookster49 said:

Hi, must've been a one-time occurrence, as I've flown several missions since, with no more "self-check" notices. However, there are a few other issues with this new aircraft which puzzle me...

1) During the automated checklist routine, simply pressing the RCL tab will not eliminate the flight crew continuing to say ECAM RECALL. A simple press of that tab on the A320/21 is sufficient and allows the checklist to continue.

2) The most annoying issue with this aircraft is the constant changing of views during the checklist routine. Is there a way to disengage that? I'm able to see the entire cockpit on my large monitor, so am able to access all switches, tabs, buttons, etc. without the screen views changing.

Thanks for any assistance you can provide.

Larry

Disable view focus feature in checklist options.

Archived