Taxi Lights, Landings Lights and Runway Lights are Blue again...

Hey guys, i had this problem times ago... but this time it is back. But i can`t use the same solution and copy the file FX_2 in the textures folder to fix it.

I am not sure what can cause it... Last time we have found a fix see the post below, but this time it did not work. It is on my A320 and A330. And the strobes too bye the way. I will add two some pictures. You can see the light at the APU and the A330 Taxi light... for example

Need help. :(

This was my old post:

Please login to display this image.

The only thing which causes this is another addon that modifies the default P3D effect files.  Well, also third party shaders could potentially cause this as well - anything which modifies the files themselves or how the effect is rendered would be more accurate.

Try deleting  your P3D Shaders folder (it's rebuilt automatically when you next start P3D) and see if that does anything.  If it resolves things then it was a shader, if it doesn't then  you've probably installed an addon that overwrote the default P3D effects.

For help in resetting/deleting your P3D Shaders see the post below.

Best wishes!

https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6306&t=130460

No, thats somthing i have tried as well. But interesting would be, what file does that? Or what file i have to check...

Same for the A320 😕

And thats after uninstalling all AS 320 and 330 files and installed back after restore every texture addons to default. Envtex, REX etc... Strange thing thats only happens with the Buses 😕

• Deputy Sheriffs

Marius and I discussed this already via PM. Last time it was indeed a deafult file that had been replaced by another file. Restoring this file solved the problem, but for some strange reason not now.

This was my comment in the old topic:

• Deputy Sheriffs

Marius, please show us a screenshot of the ...\Effects\Texture folder, so that we can see the files around the fx_2.bmp and their sizes.

The landing/taxi/turn off lights only show blue when the fx_2.bmp file has been altered again by some of your scenery addons. I cannot say which one it was in detail, but you told already that you installed REX, Envtex, etc...

One of them changes the default effect on your machine to the bueish version.

As we cannot control those developers I currently try to create a workaround with a costum BMP for the issued lights. If this works parallely to the default files the product will soon get an update that should solve the issue in any case.

The A330 product folder contains an own EFFECTS folder. If you want to try out the solution fast and not want to wait until the official update, then overwrite the files in this addon EFFECTS folder (not Prepar3D main, but addon A330 folder!) with those in the attached 7zip file.

It contains an updated version for all light effects issued by the "blueish defect" and a subfolder "texture" which contains the renamed fx_2.bmp effect (now named fx_2_AS.bmp), so naturally no one should overwrite that again.

Of course make a backup of the addon EFFECTS folder before, i case you want to revert later.

I already tested the new layout and all files are loaded correctly here.

Effects.7z

vor 8 Stunden , mopperle sagte:

Marius, and you are 100% sure, you sent me the fx_2.bmp from this folder? Just asking.

Yes absolutly... I do it once again to be sure :)

fx_2.bmp

vor 8 Stunden , Stefan Hoffmann sagte:

The A330 product folder contains an own EFFECTS folder. If you want to try out the solution fast and not want to wait until the official update, then overwrite the files in this addon EFFECTS folder (not Prepar3D main, but addon A330 folder!) with those in the attached 7zip file.

It contains an updated version for all light effects issued by the "blueish defect" and a subfolder "texture" which contains the renamed fx_2.bmp effect (now named fx_2_AS.bmp), so naturally no one should overwrite that again.

Of course make a backup of the addon EFFECTS folder before, i case you want to revert later.

Effects.7z 24 kB · 1 download

Ok, i will try. Is it the same folder for the AS320?

Both Aircrafts have the same blue lights... 😮

vor 8 Stunden , Stefan Hoffmann sagte:

Effects.7z 24 kB · 1 download

Ok, the A330 is fixed! ❤️

Strange... do you have the same folder for the A320?

But how is that possible i have uninstalled it and even after reinstalling it was the same? 😮

Hi Yoda1976!

As I told you before: Some of your "cosmetic" addons REX, ENVTEX you told about causes this. And you did tell too, that you installed the sim, the aircraft and those addons anew. This of course then

restores the old faulty state again too. Some of those addons change stuff, they should keep the fingers away from: default content installed by the sim´s installer which is used widely by other addons too.

The same folder for the A320 package I have to make first. The FX files generating the final effect on display consist of a texture base for the visual stuff (f.ex. fx_2.bmp) and a *.fx configuration-file that contains parameters on

how to use this map and how it should act as active light. Both have to be changed and that for several effects. But its now on the to do list here, parallely to the planned update for the A330.

vor 2 Stunden , Stefan Hoffmann sagte:

Hi Yoda1976!

As I told you before: Some of your "cosmetic" addons REX, ENVTEX you told about causes this. And you did tell too, that you installed the sim, the aircraft and those addons anew. This of course then

restores the old faulty state again too. Some of those addons change stuff, they should keep the fingers away from: default content installed by the sim´s installer which is used widely by other addons too.

The same folder for the A320 package I have to make first. The FX files generating the final effect on display consist of a texture base for the visual stuff (f.ex. fx_2.bmp) and a *.fx configuration-file that contains parameters on

how to use this map and how it should act as active light. Both have to be changed and that for several effects. But its now on the to do list here, parallely to the planned update for the A330.

I guess this is causing the blue lights:

https://www.fsreborn.com/ai-lights-reborn-free-edition

vor 3 Stunden , Stefan Hoffmann sagte:

Hi Yoda1976!

Do you know, when you have done this work with the folders?

And by the way, when will the A320 receive a PBR Update Stefan? :)

vor 3 Minuten, Mathijs Kok sagte:

We are considering a PBR update, but only when that does not prevent us from working on Flight Simulator.

I really love the look of the A330 and other VCs with PBR, i guess it would be a huge improvement on the visuels to the A320 series ❤️

Thanks for the answer.

• 1 month later...

After the last Update my lights are normal again! Thank you! :)

And a question... i have a EFB now, but for now it is not for use right?

Regards Marius

• Deputy Sheriffs
55 minutes ago, Yoda1976 said:

i have a EFB now, but for now it is not for use right?

what do you mean with "use". And if you want to elaborate this, please open a new topic.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived