A330 Fuel transfer to the center tank

Mert Aydın

• Deputy Sheriffs
2 hours ago, Mert Aydın said:

I see fuel being transferred to the central tank during the flight.

No, I dont see this. Our Airbus got no center tank.

What you don't get is that the tank that I marked with a red rectangular shows "0" during boarding phase but after departure the value starts to increase, meaning that there's fuel getting into that tank. Is that normal? I'm awaiting an explanation from your side. Thanks in advance. -Mert

Please login to display this image.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hello Mert,

The tank that you are refering to is trim tank. The fuel system can transfer fuel to and from trim tank automatically to maintain optimum center of gravity for the flight. The trigger for the automatic transfer is at FL255. So once you pass flight level 255 the trim tank will begin AFT transfer (transferring fuel to the trim tank) unless the trim tank is full already. During the as Center of Gravity shifts, the trim tank will perform automatic forward transfer to maintain optimum balance. There is much more that goes into the trim tank logic but hopefully this answers your question.

Archived