Speed Issue with ver 1.0.0.7

pierre fsx

Hi,

This morning I was flying from LFPG to CYUL flight plan:

ATRE3G ATREX UT225 VESAN UL613 SOVAT L613 SANDY L15 BIG UL9 STU N546 BAKUR DCT RESNO NATA RIKAL DCT QUBIS DCT VLV OMBRE6

when I reach waypoint Kenet on UL9, the aircraft start to slow down from .82 mach  to as you can see on the picture .729 and it was still slowing down. I tried to use selected speed at .82, but the speed was still going down.

Please login to display this image.

I have tried to capture as much info I could, the picture was taken when I tried to use selected speed.   

Not sure what is going wrong 

Pierre

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hello Pierre,

Are you using any weather engine like Active Sky? Has this happened before or is it just one off that happened on this specific flight?

This sounds very much like weather related issue where the outside conditions change unrealistically with turbulence, wind shift or temperature shift and the aircraft is not able to keep up with this change.

Hi 

Yes I do use Active Sky, but the weather was calm when this happened. Is anyone looking at solving this problem? I like to do long flight 4-to 8 hrs. But with the A330 at it stand right now, I can't because I cannot leave my seat for 5 mins..... 

Really hope this issue gets resolved, because I love the plane.

Pierre

• Deputy Sheriffs

I did also some long flights cross the NA and also with ActiveSky, but never saw something like this. So please post the following ActiveSky settings (best are screenshots):
Options/Wind options:
- max surface wind

- max wind turbulence

- turbulence effect scale

- max wind shear

- enhanced turbulence

Hi,

I use the default setting in Active Sky.

Thank you for your help

Pierre

Hi,

Just in case I re-installed all my Airbus following the Airbus Professional Uninstall and Reinstall Procedure (for those having issues). I realized that when I install the A330 I got the following error.

According to the error log dd_vcredist_amd64_20200121104418.log

Error 0x80070666: Cannot install a product when a newer version is installed.

see what I have installed 

Is this ok? or I absolutely need the Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable (x64) - 14.0.24123 version

Pierre

Thanks you,

Not 100% sure where do I put this file, should it be copy into:

c:\users\Pierr\AppData\Roaming\HIFI\AS_P3Dv4\options\Prepar3DOptions.cfg?

Now this is what I have in that file

[General options]
FSVersion=Prepar3D
[Audio options]
SelectedAudioVolume=62
EnabledVoiceSets=Canada-1,Germany-1,Sweden-East-1,USA-East-1,USA-Mid-1,USA-West-1
VoiceATIS=0
PreferredAudioDevice=Speakers (High Definition Audio

Pierre

5 hours ago, pierre fsx said:

[General options]
FSVersion=Prepar3D
[Audio options]
SelectedAudioVolume=62
EnabledVoiceSets=Canada-1,Germany-1,Sweden-East-1,USA-East-1,USA-Mid-1,USA-West-1
VoiceATIS=0

Thanks you,

Not 100% sure where do I put this file, should it be copy into:

c:\users\Pierr\AppData\Roaming\HIFI\AS_P3Dv4\options\Prepar3DOptions.cfg?

Pierre

Yes, that's where  you put it, and then enable it inside of ActiveSky Options and then the User Presets tab.

[General options]
FSVersion=Prepar3D
[Audio options]
SelectedAudioVolume=62
VoiceATIS=0

That may be because you never set up the values.  Our file will do that for you. 

I also suggest spending some time reading the ActiveSky User Manual... it's helpful to understand the software you are using and relying on.

Best wishes!

Interesting. Can I ask why this plane has speed issues with asn and others dont? Im looking for a fix for the same issue with increased speeds on approach and then it slows down again on final. Im curious if this fix will also fix the issue we are having. Curious to know why asn causes this.

Also what affect does making these changes in asn have with other addons such as rex sky force etc etc that work with asn. 

I am experimenting the same speed issue with all the Airbus Series, I rely like those plane so I hope we can find a solution. I will redo the flight this weekend and report back.

Pierre 

On 1/22/2020 at 7:05 PM, benjoglove said:

Interesting. Can I ask why this plane has speed issues with asn and others dont? Im looking for a fix for the same issue with increased speeds on approach and then it slows down again on final. Im curious if this fix will also fix the issue we are having. Curious to know why asn causes this.

Also what affect does making these changes in asn have with other addons such as rex sky force etc etc that work with asn. 

The honest answer is that we don't know. 

On 1/23/2020 at 8:14 AM, pierre fsx said:

I am experimenting the same speed issue with all the Airbus Series, I rely like those plane so I hope we can find a solution. I will redo the flight this weekend and report back.

Pierre 

The solution is the use the ActiveSky Profile I provided.  Don't kill the messenger, but that's the only fix.

7 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

The honest answer is that we don't know. 

The solution is the use the ActiveSky Profile I provided.  Don't kill the messenger, but that's the only fix.

Thanks Dave, will it be looked into so we don't need to do the ASN fix or will updates stop after the next one given the move to MFS2020? People are still really confused about if we will see good frequent updates and  the life of the A330 in p3dv4 in particular given its only just come out and needs a bit of work. The A318-320 are stable so understand if they don't see more.

1 hour ago, benjoglove said:

Thanks Dave, will it be looked into so we don't need to do the ASN fix or will updates stop after the next one given the move to MFS2020? People are still really confused about if we will see good frequent updates and  the life of the A330 in p3dv4 in particular given its only just come out and needs a bit of work. The A318-320 are stable so understand if they don't see more.

I spoke to Mathijs about this, and we have no plans to look into this particular issue (thus my post above).

will updates stop after the next one given the move to MFS2020?

Depends on issues that are reported, I have no crystal ball my friend.

People are still really confused about if we will see good frequent updates and  the life of the A330 in p3dv4 in particular given its only just come out and needs a bit of work.

Well, we can't help how people perceive things as this is a unique experience for each and everyone involved. I'll say this, I understand exactly what Mathijs wrote and it's crystal clear to me (and he didn't say a single word to me before he posted that so I have no special background knowledge on this project that you or others may be lacking).  If you have questions about it you should really ask Mathijs.

Best wishes!

On 2/1/2020 at 12:07 AM, DaveCT2003 said:

I spoke to Mathijs about this, and we have no plans to look into this particular issue (thus my post above).

Hello,

I only hope you don't have to ask MS not to fly your future aircraft unless the weather is in good conditions.

Cheers

Reccio

1 hour ago, Recciosilva said:

Hello,

I only hope you don't have to ask MS not to fly your future aircraft unless the weather is in good conditions.

Cheers

Reccio

So it seems that you missed the fix that I posted.  All one has to do is change the AS Profile, which can be done all too easily and quickly.  Takes me about 8 seconds or less which includes restarting ActiveSky.  But each to his own my friend.

And...

This entire issue may well be caused by Prepar3d version 4.4/4.5.  The knowledgable flight simmers here will understand why that would affect our airliners and not those of other developers.

Hi, sorry for the delay but I just got a chance to do a flight with the A330.

Two weird thing happened during the flight.

First when I reached the cruise altitude FL370 the speed tape was indicating that I was flying at 268, is that not slow for a A330? Is this correct? the manage speed was at .8 mach. 

The second thing was on the landing, the airplane was all configured to land, when suddenly the Speed start to increase, I had to manually manage the throttles. I tried to use the speed selector but the plane was ignoring my selection.  I was landing on a ILS approach at LIRF (Rome) runway 16R. The localizer was capture and the G/S. 

I did have the config file loaded in Active Sky.

Pierre

Regarding speed at cruise, your IAS is dependent on your cost index setting.

There are no issues with speed and landing, so I'd have to see your configuration to know what hsppened, but it may be the FMGS wasn't in approach mode.

Hi Thanks,

For the speed cruise I just realized that the cost index for the A330 is different then the one in the step by step guide for the A318-19.

For the landing I am pretty sure I had the approach mode active on the FMGS. I will redo the flight and see. What configuration info would you need to see? I would like to send you the correct info,  Next time.

Pierre

19 hours ago, pierre fsx said:

Hi Thanks,

For the speed cruise I just realized that the cost index for the A330 is different then the one in the step by step guide for the A318-19.

For the landing I am pretty sure I had the approach mode active on the FMGS. I will redo the flight and see. What configuration info would you need to see? I would like to send you the correct info,  Next time.

Pierre

A video showing most everything on the flight deck including relevant MCDU pages.  I fly the aircraft all the time and don't have the type of issues you're seeing nor are they being reported to us by Beta Testers, our CFD Captains or other customers so I have to believe this is a setup or operational issue.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello all,

I dont use activesky, but may I ask if Activesky simulates the tropopause changes, and how does the simulator interpret that data? I am asking because I never tried to fly at an high level from a area with a high tropopause into an area with much lower tropopause in the simulator, but the 1st scenario shown by pierre fsx is exacly that irl. Could it be?

9 hours ago, TGoncalves said:

may I ask if Activesky simulates the tropopause changes

It does indeed.

how does the simulator interpret that data?

As weather (temp, wind direction, wind speed, humidity, etc.).

I am asking because I never tried to fly at an high level from a area with a high tropopause into an area with much lower tropopause in the simulator

Most airliners fly in the tropopause (approximately 20,000 feet over the poles and at approximately 60,000 feet above the equator. The International Standard Atmosphere (ISA) assumes that the average height of the tropopause is 36,000 feet.), which extends from ground level to roughly 5 miles high (MSL).  Not sure what you mean regarding low/high tropopause.

Suffice it to say that ActiveSky provides the weather model that most simmers would need it for.  But for specific information on the how/why I would contact HiFi (the developer) of ActiveSky, they are the real experts on how and why it works.

I hope I've answered your questions at least a little bit.

Best wishes!

Archived