Oh-oh... OO-SFO :)

Really too bad that we don't have the other engine options. In those 20+ years of repainting liveries, I never wanted to go fictional.

Still hoping we will eventually see the other variants, so I can die peacefully ;-)

Regards,

Vital

Please login to display this image.

7 minutes ago, Vesalius said:

Really too bad that we don't have the other engine options. In those 20+ years of repainting liveries, I never wanted to go fictional.

Still hoping we will eventually see the other variants, so I can die peacefully 😉

Regards,

Vital

Please login to display this image.

I understand my friend, not everyone is trained and experienced enough to understand Program Management and bringing products to market, and that I promise you is where your disconnect is.

In a nutshell, we set a target price for our A330 to make it affordable for the largest segment of the flight sim community, and we didn't want to charge $160 USD for the product.  So we had to make decisions on what to include and not include, and I think we did a great job with that.

Whether we add different engines in the future are based on many different factors which I won't go into here, but I'll just say that it's an option we'd like to do at some point - but it's not entirely up to us.

Best wishes.

Hi Dave,

No criticisme from my end... I understand how business work. Being an engineer, Project Management (and project managers) is somehing I deal with on regular basis.

So thanks for A333!

Regards,

Vital

2 minutes ago, Vesalius said:

Hi Dave,

No criticisme from my end... I understand how business work. Being an engineer, Project Management (and project managers) is somehing I deal with on regular basis.

So thanks for A333!

Regards,

Vital

Very nice!  I understand.  We have a somewhat similar background. I built two nuclear submarines and later worked Program Management for Naval/Submarine Combat Systems for the US Navy and then the US Navy SUBSAFE program (that's some deep engineering and quality assurance, and it's the same program NASA adopted from us then screwed up to hell and back and which cost them a second Space Shuttle).  Of course I was very green / wet behind the ears for the first boat build but I served on her for the next 6 years with a short stint to go flying in a Naval Flight Officer billet for 5 months (time off for good behavior).  By the time the second boat build came around I was one of the leads, then it was off to the Combat Systems Program Management (hardware and software). It was an invaluable experience and of course I walked away from that a pretty heavy bear. Today in retirement I only have memories of the man I used to be... LOL!

Anyway, nice to have an engineer around.  What type of engineering my friend?

Impressive environment! Way that's way above my level of engineering! :)

My day to day job is programming and testing SCADA systems. Our customers are the national grid integrators, and heavy industries mostly around the port of Antwerp.

Regards,

Vital

2 hours ago, Vesalius said:

My day to day job is programming and testing SCADA systems.

That is an excellent sector to be in these days!  Lots and lots and lots of PLCs I'll bet!

Anyway, nice talking with you!  If you'd like, you should swing by the Aerosoft Flight Sim Community! I think you'd fit right in my friend!

Best wishes!

Archived